PDA

View Full Version : Replace sky box

ibruce
23-12-15, 10:21
Hello,

Can I replace my sky box with a vu zero? I mean, will it work if I stick my sky card in it?

DaMacFunkin
23-12-15, 13:39
Sort of but it isn't that easy, why sort of? Because you will not be able to access a lot of HD channels, even if they are on your entitlement.

timofee
23-12-15, 14:15
Also you are unlikely to get any premium SD channels you have paid for like Sports and Movies. You are better off sticking with your sky box.

ibruce
23-12-15, 16:59
Got it. Assuming I'd like to go ahead with the VU+ Zero then, what is it I shall do in order to make it work with my SKY card?

ibruce
29-12-15, 19:19
Any help on this one please?

Sicilian
29-12-15, 19:27
If your card is paired with your sky box it may not work in a zero. Also zero is single tuner, no internal hdd like your sky box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibruce
04-01-16, 14:45
Thanks for your comment, although that still does not answer the question. What do I need to do to do/install on my ZERO for using it with a SKY card assuming this is NOT paired with the SKYBOX? I don't care about double tuner etc. The ZERO fits behind the telly becoming invisible while the SKYBOX don't

judge
04-01-16, 14:50
Thanks for your comment, although that still does not answer the question. What do I need to do to do/install on my ZERO for using it with a SKY card assuming this is NOT paired with the SKYBOX? I don't care about double tuner etc. The ZERO fits behind the telly becoming invisible while the SKYBOX don't
Install a softcam from the plugin feeds.

ibruce
04-01-16, 14:55
I thought softcams, by definition, override the actual cam? Am I mistaken on this?

I mean, how will the soft cam read from the card into the CAM slot?

DaMacFunkin
04-01-16, 16:45
You then enter your information into the softcam and that acts as a bridge.

ibruce
04-01-16, 20:01
You then enter your information into the softcam and that acts as a bridge.

Thanks! Which info am I required to put into the softcam BTW? (I'm assuming those are to be put into the CCCam.cfg?)

ibruce
05-01-16, 18:59
Anyone can help on this?

Stanman
05-01-16, 20:30
What channels u sub to?
As that will make a different to how u setup