PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo Network config

Steviep_1969
22-12-15, 13:35
Good morning.
I've just had fibre broadband installed and a new router. DHCP is active. However, I can't seem to configure the network on my VU+ Solo box. I'm using a LAN connection. I have tried a manual config with an IP address based on the router settings. I have given up. The Network Wizard just says not connected. DNS ip has left me flummoxed. Anyone who can just give me the basic setting, and let me get on with some telly, would be grateful. Also, my original supplier and support has gone awol. Ah well.

Ashley69
22-12-15, 15:48
Have you checked the ethernet cable is ok. Try a different one.

Steviep_1969
22-12-15, 15:55
Hi, yes, brand new cable. Says local host connected too. JUst need to know what goes in what fiedl if I'm doing it manually, or what DNS values I should be putting too.

Ashley69
22-12-15, 16:27
Reboot your router and your box then try the network wizard using DHCP

Steviep_1969
22-12-15, 16:28
Hello again...just tried two other ethernet cables...no joy. Has to be the DNS settings...Although on the test its just Ip adrees and name server that are unconfirmed. Is there not a section where it has to have a password for the router? Suppose not. I'm not savvy at networks Be warned LOL

Ashley69
22-12-15, 16:30
No password required when connected via cable to your own network. Password is for wifi.

Steviep_1969
22-12-15, 16:36
Rebooting both router and Vu+ hasn't worked. Darn

Ashley69
22-12-15, 16:40
Go to menu/setup/system/network/device setup/lan connection/network wizard/ DHCP to yes press ok

Steviep_1969
22-12-15, 16:58
Hi, my Vu+ Solo doesn't have 'Lan Connection' as an option, has 'Adapter settings' which allows the config of all manner of network manual setups, including IP addresses. It does have 'Network wizard' which hates me. And also has in 'Network Wizard' - 'Use Interface' which I have on 'yes' and Use 'DHCP' also on 'yes'.
The message back says 'Your internet connection is not working! Please choose what you want to do next' and that gives me the oprion to try again or exit. Sigh.

john doe
22-12-15, 17:05
Good morning.
I've just had fibre broadband installed and a new router. DHCP is active. However, I can't seem to configure the network on my VU+ Solo box. I'm using a LAN connection. I have tried a manual config with an IP address based on the router settings. I have given up. The Network Wizard just says not connected. DNS ip has left me flummoxed. Anyone who can just give me the basic setting, and let me get on with some telly, would be grateful. Also, my original supplier and support has gone awol. Ah well.

hope i dont have the same problem when i go onto fibre optic

plug everything in and switch on, router and box. once router is connect leave box alone and on the router get a pin and push the reset button, see if that works, if not restart the box only and see

judge
22-12-15, 17:06
Input all values manually.
Use Google DNS servers for your DNS, 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Ashley69
22-12-15, 17:10
Look likes your box is not connecting to your new router. Before using network wizard You should see (Lan connection) option if there is a connection. What image are you using ?

Ashley69
22-12-15, 17:15
How long ago was your router installed.?

Steviep_1969
23-12-15, 22:14
Well, after a trying night trying to figure out why it wont give me channels, I thought about putting it in the bin. This was new in September, and I'm concerned there is no customer support and these boxes may now just be defunct. Does anyone know what I should be putting (field-wise) in the network settings, before I have the thing crushed, obviously retrieving the huge hard drive first. Happy to speak over the phone or by email..there must be an expert on VU+Solo.
Sigh

judge
23-12-15, 22:17
Well, after a trying night trying to figure out why it wont give me channels,

You don't need your network to get your subbed channels though.

Steviep_1969
24-12-15, 01:38
Well, I wondered but I don't have any channels other than the normal freeview. The Sky channels came through the Network, online, which I don't have anymore. I wish there was someone stil laround who knows whats going on with these boxes. The website I bought from, has vanished, and the support email address doesn't work anymore...And yet I get the odd product offer. Very strange. Cheers North Vision...So annoyed.

abu baniaz
24-12-15, 01:55
You just accepted the forum rules a few days ago

4. Emulator config's can be discussed ONLY to use Official subscription cards in a members receiver.
4a. NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN!

Steviep_1969
24-12-15, 02:27
Apologies. Unhappy at having a useless box in room, and nowhere to get tech support. Won't do it again. :)

Huevos
24-12-15, 04:41
Use Google DNS servers for your DNS, 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4Not if you want your local domains to work.

sabbacool
24-12-15, 08:14
I had the same issue, go to network settings, disable network interface and save. then enable network interface. Worked for me. Hope it does for you

cheers