PDA

View Full Version : which TV to get for my new extension

joysleep1
20-12-15, 14:08
Hey Guys

I have just extended the back on my house and i now have a big space to put a TV. I want it to be at least 60 - 65 Inches.
There are so many makes and models i do not know which is best for me?
The budget is around 1600 pounds.
It will mainly be used with an enigma 2 receiver that is streaming from my main receiver in my room. It has to be 4K too because i am thinking in the future i might get BT UHD.
It has to have the following features:

-Smart TV
- be able to screen mirror where i can make the TV display whatever my android phone or tablet can do.
-Be able to use the native video player and stream directly to the TV

I do not really care if it has 3d or not tbh. I also want it to be quite quick where apps and things load up fairly quickly.
Any recommendations or advice?
Thanks

Ashley69
20-12-15, 14:25
Samsung UE??HU8500
LG ??UF950V
Sony KD-??X9305C
Put your own screen size in ??
All these Tv's received top or great marks in Which mag.

twol
20-12-15, 14:48
Personally, I would rethink the 4K requirement. All 4K buys at the moment are short term bets as the technology will change over the next 3 years significantly and 4K OLED prices will have reduced.
So I would go for a short term solution 1080P, with the aim of replacing within 3 years or when BT (or whoever, actually have a reasonable number of 4K channels, rather than a sales gimmick).
Also by then the 4K receiver situation may be resolved.
Probably not what you want to hear, but long term could save you money.

nsw9154
20-12-15, 15:01
I'm with you twol i really fancy a 4k TV and it will be a OLED one but they are far to expensive at the moment and i know a lot of people that got ripped off with HD and got sold 720p and where told they where just as good as 1080p
my local club get a 55" Sony for the footy and i told them that the picture was rubbish all they said was "do you know how much i paid for that TV" so i just said "well you have been ripped off" they where not very happy when they finally found out that it was only 720p and the shop that they bought it from had closed down :violin:

Ashley69
20-12-15, 15:25
twol make some good points however you can now pick up some great 4K tv's for the same price as 1080p Tv's if you shop around.

I bought an LG 40" 4k tv for less than £500 and the upscaling from Hd to 4K is fantastic.

joysleep1
20-12-15, 17:04
yh exactly. You might as well buy 4k now. I do not want the hassle of replacing it over only 3 years. 4k Will be out for a while defo. I will have a look at those thanks.

twol
20-12-15, 17:07
yh exactly. You might as well buy 4k now. I do not want the hassle of replacing it over only 3 years. 4k Will be out for a while defo. I will have a look at those thanks.

4k now is like HD ready a few years ago..... Not quite the real deal..... But its your money:)
I,m waiting until we have at last 4K with HDR fixed, but then with Panny Plasma,s I can afford to wait :)

goosegog
20-12-15, 17:28
i thought 720p and 1080i was as good as you can get at the minute for your tv stations,i didnt think anything was 1080p apart from bluray and the one bt 4k option:confused:

Stanman
20-12-15, 18:03
If your after 4K have a look at the hisense 700 series and if you want to push the boat the xt910.

Same boat as you and been reading up on them and list is between the xt910 and LG ef950 which is oled.
Only thing holding me back is price as I don't want to spend 2k on a telly.

The Sony 9005c is worth a look.

If I was you hold off for a bit and price may drop.

If you hold out for the perfect TV tommorow never comes

joysleep1
20-12-15, 19:58
If your after 4K have a look at the hisense 700 series and if you want to push the boat the xt910.

Same boat as you and been reading up on them and list is between the xt910 and LG ef950 which is oled.
Only thing holding me back is price as I don't want to spend 2k on a telly.

The Sony 9005c is worth a look.

If I was you hold off for a bit and price may drop.

If you hold out for the perfect TV tommorow never comes

Yh i might hold off for a bit. The hisense 700 series TV looks alright but there are no reviews so it is a bit risky for me to take the plunge.

obo110x
20-12-15, 20:39
I understand what people are saying about holding back but I picked up an LG 4K for £399 on 6 months interest free. Only 40 inch so maybe not what you are looking for. Just got to figure out how to put my receiver through my Nvidia Shield TV then should be able to get everything upscaled to 4K.

joysleep1
12-01-16, 11:30
But i do not really understand why you would want any of these 4k enigma boxes. Nothing from satellite or cable will be displayed in 4k. Like when you get BT sport UHD. The signal comes from the internet right?

DaMacFunkin
12-01-16, 12:15
Why will nothing from satellite or cable be broadcast in 4k?
There are a few channels already broadcasting on satellite and loads are testing, sky and canal+ WILL launch 4k satellite services all around Europe this coming year.

DaMacFunkin
12-01-16, 12:19
Ps Virgin Media have also announced a 4k TiVo box for this year, if they only have on demand stuff in 4k thrn that will come over the Internet, if they have access to actual channels they will use the existing delivery system.
BT comes over the Internet because there is extremely limited bandwidth on terrestrial, so unless they was prepared to launch a sattelite reciever (gasp) they have to deliver the medium via their fibre which is all a very good usp.

twol
12-01-16, 13:14
With any new product there will always be "Evangelists" and "Followers" ... and without The Evangelists nothing would move forward ....... so a genuine "all the best" to those that have taken the plunge, it's often a tough life with the occasional moment of fun/joy, when the industry/company actually delivers on what it said in the Marketing blurb :) ........ however, for once I will be a follower waiting for everything to be either ironed out or replaced by the next best Industry buzz :) ..... of course my Plasma's might pack up in which case, I would have to make a serious and potentially expensive decision :)

gibbletts
12-01-16, 14:17
Agreed, can't see the point at the minute I've looked at quite a few 4K t s and none of them looked any better than my Panasonic plasma to even get a comparable picture I was looking at well over 2 grand so even though I was ready to do it I just couldn't justify to myself and that's pretty telling.

joysleep1
12-01-16, 14:31
but sky UK astra would not be getting 4k any time soon right? If 4k is coming out soon, would it be able to broadcast from our normal satellite cables and dishes that we have?
Same with virgin? Would the current cables that work right now be able to transmit in 4k?

Andy_Hazza
12-01-16, 19:54
Agreed, can't see the point at the minute I've looked at quite a few 4K t s and none of them looked any better than my Panasonic plasma to even get a comparable picture I was looking at well over 2 grand so even though I was ready to do it I just couldn't justify to myself and that's pretty telling.

Obviously you haven't seen the 4K OLED tv then..... [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
12-01-16, 21:24
Obviously you haven't seen the 4K OLED tv then..... [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At under 2k? The new LG 2016 model oled,s start at 5000 euro,plus