PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] EPG position issue

Remote
20-12-15, 11:53
Hi

New to the ET8000 and I'm having an issue when setting timers from the epg grid.

If I scroll right on the grid to a future day and programme and then add a timer, after adding the timer the grid shows the same location in the future that I set the timer from (desired behaviour by me)

However, if I'm checking programmes far in the future I found out that I can click on the channel up/down buttons and jump the epg grid 24h at a time (good), however if I then find a programme that I want to record and add a timer for it, after doing so I return to the current EPG position ie NOW, this is a bit of a pain when adding lots of timers ahead of time, as I have to keep paginating eg 7 days into the future again. Is this intended/known behaviour, or is there a setting I should change to allow page up down epg pagination to mean that after timer setting the epg stays in the area where I had just set the last timer?

TIA

bjorntj
20-12-15, 23:53
I have the same problem on my Duo 2 box..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tkr001
21-12-15, 02:43
It's been like this for years now. It didn't used to be in the early days of vix but a change made it happen and the devs said that was how it had to be....

Remote
21-12-15, 10:40
Thanks guys

Probably can work around this most of the time, it's just I'm setting Christmas recordings ahead of time, since I'm travelling.

I might also look at setting future recording with an app/web interface as an alternative

ccs
21-12-15, 22:46
If I scroll right on the grid to a future day and programme and then add a timer,
after adding the timer the grid shows the same location in the future that I set the timer from.

Nice one -very handy at this time of year. :)

Fuzzy
22-12-15, 00:07
You can use the 6 button to advance 5 hours at a time - this way returns you back to the last added timer as well.

cactikid
22-12-15, 00:08
i just go to a channel i might want to record from using red button skim down list and right arrow next page right arrow next page see program and set timer to record once and if no others exit out to the next channel and start again:D hence why a big hd [ empty ] comes in handy