PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] Timeshift

salvio1980
18-12-15, 19:57
Hi guys,
stupid question.

My timeshift last 60 minutes. How can I change it as in the time shift settings settings there's no option?

Many thanks for your help

jonnyflash
19-12-15, 07:10
A very non stupid question, cause I don't know either?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbbuk
19-12-15, 09:52
Have you got a bit more info?

So if you're watching a 2 hour film, are you saying that after just 60mins timeshift ends? Do you get an error message or something hence why you know it's only timeshifting for 60mins?

Do you have timeshift saved to a USB stick maybe formatted to FAT32 or other file system with maximum file size limitations?

This is my timeshift settings (which are stored on internal HDD formatted to ext3/4 via Vix menu):

Time-shift save action on Zap = Don't save
Show warning when timeshift is stopped = No

Due to these settings, i'm not made aware of timeshift stopping but are you saying that timeshift only has a limitation of 60mins then stops itself anyhow?

salvio1980
19-12-15, 22:55
Hi bbbuk.

Thanks for replying and sorry about the lack of informations.

I run timeshift on a 120GB HDD.

This was the case: I have paused a live program and then continue. After 60min the program just stopped as apparently the timeshift stopped recording the live streaming. At that time the disk was not formatted at ext4 via vix menu, I have now changed the filesytem at ext4 and I have not tried again yet, do you think that was the problem?

Cheers mate

bbbuk
20-12-15, 10:01
I assumed timeshift continued until a channel change but it's possible that timeshift was coded to continue until end of that programme (ie an event change).

I guess it's trying to find a right balance because without some limitation our HDD would be full with timeshift files, leaving no room for recordings, etc.

At least if it's coded for the current programme it would eliminate the issue of a full HDD of timeshift files.

How long was your programme that you had started timeshift on?

salvio1980
20-12-15, 19:01
Hi bbbuk,
thanks.

you are actually right, the timeshift ends at the end of the event. Quite annoying because if you want to continue to watch that channel then you loose whatever happen in the next event.