PDA

View Full Version : Frozen box requiring power off and on

thejoker
17-12-15, 00:20
I just got this box mid October and since then its been freezing completely requiring me to switch off power and back on. I had this with a vu duo before which was never fixed.

Do these xtrend boxes suffer from memory leak or should I software update and swap file sort things out..

Running vix 3.2 015

cactikid
17-12-15, 00:30
no these boxes are very good where are you saving your epg too,this box does not need a swapfile,old duo does.
might be an idea to reflash and start afresh with latest image.

thejoker
17-12-15, 07:03
My epg is saved to the internal hdd

thejoker
17-12-15, 23:27
Ive taken the box out of my mum and dads house to my own house and it has been fine all evening. Maybe just lucky, will watch more tomorrow. Could there be any reason for this though...

thejoker
18-12-15, 18:01
Anyone got an idea what could be causing box to lock up. Box is running fine..

twol
18-12-15, 18:08
Well every time my wifes parents come to baby sit the dog, we end up with phone calls because they have tried every key on the remote (to change channels) and managed to screw the box ... I am not saying your parents are the same but you would be surprised what a technically challenged person can achieve:)
..... And the et8000 is a really solid boring box that should not go wrong ...... However ....... :)

thejoker
22-12-15, 07:10
I ran this box at home for 4 days with zero issues. I take it back and within 20 minutes the box freezes while sound continues on. It does this as well as completely freezing both video and sound resulting in having to power off and on.

I have checked sat cables for any cross circuit but all ok. Pointless I know. Hdmi cable is Inside wall so hard to change but I'm bringing back a test cable to run accross room just as soon as I can get one long enough.

Can't understand this at all

DaMacFunkin
22-12-15, 09:15
Like twol said some people can just break things I usually find my wife presses every button really hard and long resulting in multiple commands being recieved, if the box then pauses to recover she keeps pressing buttons, it isn't just e2 boxes she used to do it with the TiVo as well, and don't get me started on our 4k tv ffs.

judge
22-12-15, 10:01
Is the box networked at the time?
If so, are both houses using different routers?

mann
22-12-15, 11:20
One cause of freezing is the box getting to hot..does this box have a cooling fan?
Maybe something to check and cross off your list..