PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] How to delete Crossepg

crx
16-12-15, 15:47
I've been having a few issues with my epg being out of sync etc., got up today and all the EPG data had gone except for free to air channels so I'm going to delete and start from new in case there is issues with the setup of the crossepg or something along those lines. My question is how to I completely delete it and start from scratch I noticed some people talking about putting the box to sleep which I don't have a clue about.

Many thanks

PS I'm running the latest image.

abu baniaz
16-12-15, 15:52
Better to say the build number instead of "latest".

You should be able to just delete the EPG from the load/save/delete option in the EPG menu. Ther will be no need to put box to sleep then. However that did not work for someone. Not sure if they had EPG saved in more than one place and it was somehow loading an old version.

crx
16-12-15, 15:58
That could be a possibility how would I find out if information could be saved elsewhere, Im using openvix 3 2 023...

Thanks

abu baniaz
16-12-15, 16:13
Paste this command in Putty. Overkill, but should remove all instances of epg.dat.

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd1/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd2/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb1/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb2/epg.dat && init 3

dathai60
16-12-15, 23:59
Use DCC to remove.

judge
17-12-15, 00:03
Use DCC to remove.
Much easier to use both ways Abu pointed out above.

crx
20-12-15, 12:37
Paste this command in Putty. Overkill, but should remove all instances of epg.dat.

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd1/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd2/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb1/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb2/epg.dat && init 3

excuse my ignorance but wheres what or where is putty?

abu baniaz
20-12-15, 15:15
wheres what or where is putty?
Have a look at this.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Telnet-commands

Huevos
20-12-15, 21:58
Yes, it is overkill. "EPG delete" deletes the epg.dat and the epg cache from the RAM. I.e. no EPG data can survive this operation.

stevesom
21-12-15, 23:44
I give this a go yesterday as my epg went gobbledegook and it wiped everything including all recordings on hdd, box crashed and wouldnt boot, had to do a clean install as it wiped my usb as well with back ups on, this on a xtrend 10k youve been warned.

cactikid
22-12-15, 00:17
also got the xtrend 10k with channel epg mentioning halo oven lol i have 2 i did the delete as abu mentioned and went to download epg again to usb and box crashed [ old hades image ] second attempt it loaded and looking at epg tonight its still mentions halo ovens.sometime in the future will need the newer openvix image done by usb:)

judge
22-12-15, 00:20
I give this a go yesterday as my epg went gobbledegook and it wiped everything including all recordings on hdd, box crashed and wouldnt boot, had to do a clean install as it wiped my usb as well with back ups on, this on a xtrend 10k youve been warned.

Your mounts aren't set-up correctly. No recordings or back-ups were wiped.

cactikid
22-12-15, 01:20
update on my epg as i looked into what was stored in there and i see i have 3 recordings on usb:eek:always used internal hdd for that.

stevesom
22-12-15, 12:48
Your mounts aren't set-up correctly. No recordings or back-ups were wiped.

Yes all gone mounts fine everything wiped just checked for files in dcc nothing blank page.
the way i normally do it is init 4 delete epg.dat then init 3 just thought i would give the way described a try:(

Huevos
22-12-15, 14:44
Yes all gone mounts fine everything wiped just checked for files in dcc nothing blank page.Whatever you have done, it is nothing to do with "Delete EPG".

stevesom
22-12-15, 15:27
Whatever you have done, it is nothing to do with "Delete EPG".

I tell you what i done i copied and pasted this into telnet

The box wouldnt boot so i switched it off on the rocker switch waited arounda minute box wouldnt reboot left on xtrend splash page until i flashed it to the newest image i was on 026 fresh flashed 030 give it a go :eek:

judge
22-12-15, 15:49
I tell you what i done i copied and pasted this into telnet

The box wouldnt boot so i switched it off on the rocker switch waited arounda minute box wouldnt reboot left on xtrend splash page until i flashed it to the newest image i was on 026 fresh flashed 030 give it a go :eek:

Still, doing that didn’t do anything other than remove EPG.

Joe_90
22-12-15, 17:06
Well, if you typed the command rm -rf /media by mistake you would wipe out everything mounted on /media. Are you sure you didn't split the string when you were copying and pasting?
"rm -rf" is a very dangerous command on a linux box if misused.

stevesom
22-12-15, 17:43
Well, if you typed the command rm -rf /media by mistake you would wipe out everything mounted on /media. Are you sure you didn't split the string when you were copying and pasting?
"rm -rf" is a very dangerous command on a linux box if misused.

You have probably answered it then something may have gone wrong when i cut and paste, it doesnt take long to get up and running again its just the recordings plenty of repeats so should come across them sometime:thumbsup: