PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Enigma 2 constantly crashing and broadband issue - solo2

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 10:24
Enigma 2 keeps crashing on my VU solo 2. Keep getting error code "could not locate lock file var/lib/opkg/lock: no such file or directory.

As soon as the box crashes my broadband goes terrible. Both our phones constantly losing WiFi to the router while the routes keeps trying to reboot. As soon as I turn off the box WIFI goes back go normal.

The box has been reflashed using latest builds. Weird bit is the box didn't crash when I was with sky broadband, soon as I changed to BT. When solo is not turned on the broadband is perfect with wifi and ethernet to all devices.

Attached are picture of crash screen and crash log. Any ideas? Driving me crazy!

abu baniaz
15-12-15, 10:33
Welcome to the forum.

Those picture are terrible, you can't read anything. Also, it would be helpful if you can say the exact build number instead of "latest". Please see this thread if should help

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

With regards to your internet issue, I'm guessing you are using mgcamd? If so, you have bad config files.

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 10:40
Apologies. The pictures are very readable on my phone. I will get the exact build and image when I get home from work. A friend did the box for me so I'm not sure if it's cccam oscam or mgcamd

abu baniaz
15-12-15, 10:59
I can barely make out that the image is Helios, not 3.2

You would be better off flashing 3.2, build 030 and start over. This deletes all your setiings/files on receiver but not recordings.

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 11:24
Version - Helios
Build - 017

Willmoore
15-12-15, 11:43
That's a very old build. Fresh flash to 3.2.030
Also as Abu says - check if you are using mgcamd

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 12:15
Sorry im a bit of a noob. How do you find out if it's mgcamd?

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 12:55
Found out its using mgcamd with Helios 017. Apparantly box works perfect at his so must be a problem with ny Internet line dropping? I get 15 mbps, 1.4 upload and never noticed a problem using ps4, mobiles, laptop. Only when box is plugged in

Willmoore
15-12-15, 12:56
menu>setup>Softcam/CI>Softcam Manager

Willmoore
15-12-15, 12:58
You need to check mgcamd cfig file as this known to cause issues due to an error in the code which results in you DDOSing yourself.

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 13:03
How do I do that and what am I looking for mate

IAmATeaf
15-12-15, 13:19
Look in /usr/keys/mg_cfg, find and check the line L: and make sure it is set to L: { 00 } this disables logging which can cause issues on your LAN if it has been enabled without valid IP and log filename settings.

Willmoore
15-12-15, 13:25
You will need to use an ftp programe such as Filezilla to remotely view your files. Check as above scroll down, you should see
# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 }

change to this if you see anything other than this on Line L

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 13:44
Can this be done on the box or does it have to be on s computer? All the files etc are at the blokes end. All I have is a box

john doe
15-12-15, 14:03
Can this be done on the box or does it have to be on s computer? All the files etc are at the blokes end. All I have is a box

only pc use fiezilla to login to box and then go to the files as suggested in post 13

Willmoore
15-12-15, 15:18
Just to be clear, the solution to your problem (if of course this is the solution) is not a box fault. It is a file that you, or someone on your behalf, has added.

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 17:29
some one on my behalf has added. He is convinced it is a problem with my internet, i'm not convinced. I have no files, just the box. The rest was done by him

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 17:33
The error code I keep getting in the crash log "could not locate lock file var/lib/opkg/lock: no such file or directory."

Does that indicate he has missed a file or added one that is causing this problem?

Is there anything else I can do at my end? I downloaded Firezilla but as I don't have the files on my laptop it is useless

john doe
15-12-15, 17:59
some one on my behalf has added. He is convinced it is a problem with my internet, i'm not convinced. I have no files, just the box. The rest was done by him
I had similar issues and if you are using mgcamd then the mg_cf file is not setup correctly. it kept knocking my internet off.

john doe
15-12-15, 18:00
The error code I keep getting in the crash log "could not locate lock file var/lib/opkg/lock: no such file or directory."

Does that indicate he has missed a file or added one that is causing this problem?

Is there anything else I can do at my end? I downloaded Firezilla but as I don't have the files on my laptop it is useless

if you are using mgcamd look on this forum there one knocking about and you can use it, or change it to how you want.

khan888
15-12-15, 18:04

The file is on your box, you need to use filezilla to access them. Input your IP address of your receiver and root as username, your file will be in usr/keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmoore
15-12-15, 18:05
It is not useless. Connect FZ to your box. You will then be able to view the files on your box. Navigate to /usr/keys. In the keys folder will be a file called mg_cfg view the file and check to see if Line L = L: { 00 }

john doe
15-12-15, 18:05
check this out

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40635-mgcamd-wont-autostart&p=312719&viewfull=1#post312719

baz2011uk
15-12-15, 18:37
may also be handy to download a copy of notepad++ to enable editing and viewing easier

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 19:17
I have restored and restarted router to factory settings, changed password and checked all settings on router. Everything seems fine so I'm not convinced my internet is causing the issue. If it continues to arise I will mgcamd and sort it all myself. Thank you all very much for your help. I'm still learning, it's a mine field but I will get there. Next time I do it all myself and don't rely on some one else. Cheers lads

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 19:24
i have filezilla open. how do I connect it to my box? I see Host, Username, Password, Port at the top

khan888
15-12-15, 19:29
i have filezilla open. how do I connect it to my box? I see Host, Username, Password, Port at the top

Host is your IP address of your receiver. To find this from your receiver press menu> information> network.

Username: root
Password: leave blank providing this hasn't been changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 19:34
could not connect

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Dannylfc
15-12-15, 19:35
the empty /var file is the error message I received on my box. don't know if they are linked. So I restarted router *fingers crossed* last half hour i have not had a crash.Literally praying!

IAmATeaf
15-12-15, 22:52
It's a bit unusual that the box crashes, I remember when I had this/similar problem with the L: setting for me it would cause issues with internet access and mgcamd would just stop working but I'm sure the box never crashed.

ronand
15-12-15, 23:01
Others have reported crashes like this - and it seems to be mainly bt & virgin customers

Fuzzy
16-12-15, 00:25
It's been happening on my solo2 for ages My internet connection would go down occasionally and the only way to restore it was to unplug the Solo2 from the router. Once the Solo2 was rebooted, it would be ok again. The box didn't crash though. I don't use the Solo2 that much so I have never bothered to find out the cause, but reading this thread has told me what the problem is. My mg_cfg had L: {02}. I have changed it to {00}. My ip is talktalk.

judge
16-12-15, 01:12
It's been happening on my solo2 for ages My internet connection would go down occasionally and the only way to restore it was to unplug the Solo2 from the router. Once the Solo2 was rebooted, it would be ok again. The box didn't crash though. I don't use the Solo2 that much so I have never bothered to find out the cause, but reading this thread has told me what the problem is. My mg_cfg had L: {02}. I have changed it to {00}. My ip is talktalk.

ISP Provider shouldn't matter (although all providers config their routers differently).
Any config files that enable logs & send to a box that isn't configured or enabled on your network is the issue.

Anyone buying boxes with 'pre-configured' cams & 'gifts' is an issue & no support provided.