PDA

View Full Version : Unbale to upgrade from Apollo to Hades

gataboy1
14-12-15, 15:45
Just dragged this box out of storage for my daughter to use and thought it might be worth doing a full flash and bring it up to date.

Frist tried to go directly to the latest image but it didn't work so then had a go with the oldest Hades I could find (either 4 or 5..?) but still wont upgrade.

Have tried another usb stick.

abu baniaz
14-12-15, 16:13
You cannot perform an online update. Please explain how you are performing an "upgrade".

Normally people make a settings backup. Flash new image and restore settings but not plugins.

gataboy1
14-12-15, 16:31
it wasn't online

usb stick formatted to FAT32

image downloaded from VIX site

file extracted to desktop

image file copied to usb stick

Inserted into powered down receiver

Receiver powered up.....

On this receiver you should get a W on the display but not happening just going into normal working mode

abu baniaz
14-12-15, 16:40
Have you tried flashing it within image manager?

gataboy1
14-12-15, 16:50
Not yet will give it a try

dwarf
14-12-15, 17:38
You have the press the down arrow on the box to start the flashing process the display will then say FLASHING or UPGRADE on the front. I can't remember exactly what the text says

Andy_Hazza
14-12-15, 18:58
ViX 3.2-030 is the latest build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
14-12-15, 21:51
image file copied to usb stickDid you copy all of them using the same directory structure as in the zip file?

gataboy1
15-12-15, 10:38
Did a full reset on the box and this time the upgrade to Vix 3.2-030 worked as expected.

However at some point during the setup procedure (i think it was the mounts) it rebooted but only made back it to the first screen and the spinning Vix Logo...

Went through the upgrade procedure a couple more times and just the same.

Gone back to Apollo 166 and now works fine, so might just leave it at this…

There is a posting somewhere on the forum and a user has just the same issue…sorry can’t find it..!

abu baniaz
15-12-15, 10:46
Factory reset doesn't do much. If you want to do a proper "factory reset", best way is to flash/install image again.

Polite request:
You should really stop using the term "upgrade", it is ambiguous and does not help identify exactly what you did. If you have installed image version 3.2, build 030, how can you upgrade/update? It is the latest public image ( correct at the time of writing).

gataboy1
15-12-15, 13:47
Please remember that most users of this site are just USERS of the receivers and nothing more.

gataboy1
16-12-15, 12:38
cannot get past Apollo 166 so changed to openatv 5.......no issues whatsoever and box has never worked so smoothly and quickly..!