PDA

View Full Version : Re Overlap of headings on web page

frankblueking
14-12-15, 12:13
I have been meaning to raise this issue for some time, hopefully this is the right place. I note that when I go to the Home Tab all the second headings are fine but if you then click another tab the second line of headings overlap in places. Is this the same for everyone? Cheers Frankblueking

PS It is not a big issue but lets down what is an excellent presentation. :confused:

frankblueking
19-12-15, 21:27
Surprised there are no comments!!!!

abu baniaz
19-12-15, 21:43
Maybe nobody else is experiencing the issue or do not understand what you mean. Can you take a screenshot and annotate what you mean please.

frankblueking
20-12-15, 12:53
Maybe nobody else is experiencing the issue or do not understand what you mean. Can you take a screenshot and annotate what you mean please.

Hi Abu Apologies for lack of clarity. I will try again. When viewing the Home page the " navigation bar" has a series of buttons to move around the web site. These are Home, Forum, Whats New? etc..... Below that bar is a second " navigation bar" that when in the Home page has one button saying Vix Images. If I then click one of the other top bar navigation buttons, Forum for example, the associated second navigation bar overwrites the Vix Images button leaving the first button illegible. The rest of the second bar buttons associated with Forum are legible. eg New Posts, Private Messages, FAQ etc. I use Chrome and wonder whether that is the route of the problem. Non of the other second bar buttons overwrite the buttons associated with other top bar buttons other than the Home second bar button Vix Images. If not clear let me know and I will send a screenshot. Regards

Joe_90
20-12-15, 14:44
What resolution screen are you using? Are you using a 'phone, tablet or what? What browser are you using?

The only way I can replicate what you are seeing is to reduce my desktop to about 800x600 pixels. It's only at this point that the navigation bar no longer fits on one line and floats down to a second line. I'm using Firefox on 1920x1080 and on 1280x1024 screens.

abu baniaz
20-12-15, 15:12
Ok, I see what you mean. This happens if I reduce window width. Oddly, the row above it is not affected. Using Windows 10, Firefox.

I'll let Admin know. It will join a list of things to do, so please don't expect an immediate fix.

Thanks for reporting

ccs
20-12-15, 15:24
Happens with IE11 as well.

Sicilian
20-12-15, 15:42
I'll look at this over xmas.

frankblueking
20-12-15, 19:37
Ok, I see what you mean. This happens if I reduce window width. Oddly, the row above it is not affected. Using Windows 10, Firefox.

I'll let Admin know. It will join a list of things to do, so please don't expect an immediate fix.

Thanks for reporting

Thanks Abu. As I said it is neither urgent nor a big issue, just not quite there for what is an excellent forum/site. To complete the information, I see the issue on both my W10 desktop and my Mac laptop, both use Chrome. Have a good one. Frank :)

frankblueking
20-12-15, 21:51
Hi Guys After more experimenting I think I have found something. I note that if I reduce the "Zoom" setting in Chrome The "Vix Images" button goes to the top button bar and hides behind the search box. As suggested this is probably a resolution issue. Hopefully that helps. Frank :)

birdman
20-12-15, 23:23
...When viewing the Home page the " navigation bar" has a series of buttons to move around the web site. These are Home, Forum, Whats New? etc..... Below that bar is a second " navigation bar" that when in the Home page has one button saying Vix Images.Not for me. In "Home" there is one navigation bar. Vix Images would be there, but in my view (I don't use full-screen windows as to me it rather takes away the point of having windows) it has disappeared beneath the search box.
So a layout problem, but a differently realized one.

ccs
21-12-15, 11:14
I find that the "Home" button window works as it should, but the "Home of the Vix team" oe-alliance logo window doesn't.

birdman
21-12-15, 12:31
Not for me.No, wait! It does...
If I make the window narrow enough the navbar does wrap and crash into the one below.,
But before then it is passing under the search box on the right.

Joe_90
21-12-15, 14:02
@birdman - I described the circumstances in post #5 - keep up :)

float will only work up to a point when re-sizing windows, after that you should be using a mobile-friendly version of the website. I think the OP is using a limited resolution screen or has zoomed the text too much as he has indicated himself.

birdman
21-12-15, 18:52
float will only work up to a point when re-sizing windows, after that you should be using a mobile-friendly version of the website.Whereas I reckon page coding should be able to handle narrow windows without corrupting displays. If necessary it can use horizontal scrolling for the full page (as the BBC site does).

abu baniaz
27-12-15, 22:06
This should be fixed now. Many thanks for reporting.

birdman
28-12-15, 05:18
This should be fixed now. Many thanks for reporting.The wrapping of the navbar is fixed (you now get a scrollbar if you narrow sufficiently).#

However, the search box is still fixed and floating over the right-hand side of the navbar, so the other entries disappear underneath it (starting with Vix Images) as you do the narrowing.