PDA

View Full Version : SID not in PAT Error

2stein
14-12-15, 11:54
since i've installed a unicable lnb i receive once in a while a "sid not in pat" error when zapping.
afaik know this is an indication that tuning failed, which can happen in a unicable installation. the receiver is supposed to do an automatic tuning retry in this case.
looks like it doesn't.
when i rezap manually the channel works fine.
can an expert please have a look. thanks.

2stein
05-02-16, 11:23
nobody else having this problem?
i have it occasionally.
think this is a deficiency in the e2 unicable implementation.

Huevos
05-02-16, 11:32
No one is currently using a Unicable LNB.

2stein
06-02-16, 18:05
just for the records. this was recommended to me on the openpli board:

I had similar problem with my et9500 together with unicable lnb (well known for et9x00 series btw),
for et the fix is to change 2 values using satelliteequipmentcontrol plugin as follows:

delay_after_change_voltage_before_switch_command=7 5
delay_after_last_diseqc_command=100

not sure if it helps for vuduo2 also, but you can try...
will try and report back how it works.

2stein
10-02-16, 09:32
unfortunately doesn't help.

TK4|2|1
10-02-16, 13:46
I occasionally get this on my unicable, but in a few seconds goes away and picture appears so no big deal to me.

2stein
14-02-16, 11:31
i've activated diseqc in tuner settings and retry diseqc command.
and in addition i disabled the "zap error" message in settings.
with that i hopefully survive until a fix for unicable collision handling is available.

2stein
18-02-16, 14:02
i read that adenin has developed quite a few fixes for unicable in the openatv git.
are there any plans to merge those fixes into the openvix git?

Huevos
18-02-16, 22:06
i read that adenin has developed quite a few fixes for unicable in the openatv git.
are there any plans to merge those fixes into the openvix git?Not at the moment.

2stein
18-02-16, 22:18
well, hope it's at least on the todo list for some build in the near future. thanks.

Huevos
18-02-16, 22:46
The Unicable code is being looked at presently. But there is no plan to import anything from that source.

2stein
18-02-16, 22:47
ok, thanks.

Huevos
26-02-16, 19:24
Are any of you guys experiencing any of the following on your Unicable setups?

Pixelisation,
Fails to obtain tuner lock,
Failed recordings,
Excessive time to open an FTA, channel (more than 5 seconds),
ABM often reports tune failure,
CrossEPG often reports tune failure,
Satfinder does not lock or only locks sometimes.
Even the "tune failed" message is unstable (keeps flashing on and off like crazy).
And sometimes when tuning fails the box stops responding to user input and needs to be restarted from the rocker switch.

If so please test with the older drivers (attached).

20160119 are the current drivers. Please test the December drivers. Just FTP them to /lib/modules/3.14.28-1.8/extra and then do a full restart.

2stein
27-03-16, 10:49
@huevos: thanks for your unicable patch that went into 4.0.
i have removed my workarounds (activate diseqc and diseqc retry) and have not seen the "sid not in pat" tuning problem so far. (but it's too early to declare victory).
i haven't seen any of the problems you listed above in my DLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP/Duo2 setup yet.
i assume that the filename implies that the drivers are just for the solo 4k, right?

Huevos
27-03-16, 10:59
Drivers are for 4k.

If you have a problem with hesitation revert to the older drivers.

2stein
07-04-16, 17:46
i think we can declare victory now. the "sid not in pat" tuning error hasn't shown up since i installed 4.0.
thanks to all who contributed to the fix.

abu baniaz
08-01-17, 14:54
Just to update this thread:

Response to a thread/issue where I was experiencing issues using a Jess/Unicable 2 LNB with conventional tuners.

The Universal LNB is an analogue device. It starts sending signals down the cable as soon as it is powered.

The Unicable LNB is a digital device. From a cold start it needs to boot before it can interpret any instructions sent to it by the STB. It has to do this every time power is removed. i.e. every time the tuner stops sending power up the co-ax.

The Unicable LNB is a communal device. So normally it would have an injection power supply to keep it permanently awake. Even if it didn't have a dedicated power source it would always have some user or other connected, so it would always be powered. That means that any new user coming out of standby would be able to use it instantly.

In your case you are the only user and you do not have a dedicated power source, so coming out of standby, or coming from a terrestrial channel the LNB has to cold boot. The cold boot is the reason for the brief tune failed message.

If you had other active devices using the same LNB when you brought your STB out of standby the tune failed message would not display, and the service would be viewable immediately.

The reason this doesn't happen with the Solo4K is because "ForceLNBPower" means the LNB is permanently powered from the STB even when the tuner is not in use.

The solution is

Install satellitequipmentcontrol plugin. It is under system plugins. Installs in service searching menu.

Change "Delay after enable voltage before switch command".

1000 ms looks like it should be good for that device.

Other devices may need less time, so adjust to suit.