PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Unable to reset DiSEqC setiings in a DVB-S2 tuner

George Kildare
14-12-15, 06:26
The DICEqC tuner configuration in the relevant tuner of my Xtrend ET10000 has been messed up and when I try to reset it I get the message
"Checking tuner 1 DiSEqC port A for Astra 2 28.2e". with underneath "Abort" red.
To get out of this state I need to do a hard reboot.

I have 4 tuners
A DVB-C Ziggo Cable
B DVB-S2 DiSEqC (Astra1, Hotbird, Astra2, Astra3)
C = Tuner A
D = Tuner B

Yesterday I stupidly tried the Hannibal plugin and I think that this mussed have messed up the Tuner B/D settings. I have tried restoring a few different Vix backups, but I still am unable to reset the DiSEqC configuration in Tuner B or D.
I set
Configuration mode = Simple. and Mode = DiSEqC A/B/C/D
The rest of the screen then reads
Port A = automatic
PortB, C, D = Nothing connected
Set voltage and settings = yes
Send DiSEqC only on satellite change = no

Help please!!!

George Kildare
14-12-15, 15:27
I have found the problem. The satellites.xml file was missing from /etc/enigma2. it must have been deleted by the hannibal plugin.
However, neither the Vix restore or iDreamx seem to have restored it. Is this is a bug in the Vix Backup/ Restore process?

I ftp'd the file from an old iDreamX backup folder and it now works fine.

abu baniaz
14-12-15, 15:43
The system version of satellites.xml is in /etc/tuxbox.
The user version of satellites.xml is kept in /etc/enigma2

If there is user version, the system one is not used. This applies to OpenPLi, OpenVix and other images.

George Kildare
14-12-15, 17:55
Thanks, but why don't they both backup and restore? Is that a bug?

abu baniaz
14-12-15, 18:07
How can you backup someting that is not present?

abu baniaz
14-12-15, 18:54
Also, the system version of the satellites.xml is updated regularly. Whenever you perform an update, that is updated too. A settings backup does not include it. If a backup contained an old system file, restoring it will restore an outdated version.

The one in /etc/enigma2 (if one is preseent) is backed up. Actually, the whole folder is backed up becuase it contains user settings.

George Kildare
15-12-15, 08:07
Maybe I'm not understanding something. I backed up my system with a working satellites.xml file. The file somehow got removed from the receiver. The restore of my system did not restore the file and meant that the DiSEqC settings of my satellites were not restored and that my system did not work properly. I needed to restore the file manually using ftp. Surely this is not how it should be?

abu baniaz
15-12-15, 08:43
you made a user settings backup, not a system backup. the file in /etc/tuxbox is not a user file. that is why it is not backed up during the settings backup.

an image backup is a "system backup" and would include all files on the receiver.

Huevos
15-12-15, 11:47
You should use settings from our feeds. Then you can be sure they are compatible with our satellites.xml.

And don't put satellites.xml in /etc/enigma2 unless you have a good reason for over-riding the system file.

George Kildare
15-12-15, 13:53
Many thanks. The files I used to restore were made using the backup manager under "Vix". Aren't these system backup files? For some reason the original satellite.xml file with details of astra1, Hotbird, Astra2 and astra3 got deleted. Doesn't the system satellites.xml file have this information? If so, surely it should have been restored as part of the restore?

I originally set up the tuner configuration using openPLI before changing to Openvix. Maybe that had something o do with it. This evening I will look at what Satellites.xml file (if any) is located in /etc/tuxbox.

abu baniaz
15-12-15, 15:15
This is probably the last post I am making in this thread. I don't know how else to tell you that you made a settings backup.

Backup Manager:
Creates and/or restores settings backup. You can setup a receiver how you like it. Flash another Vix image (as a separate prcoess), then restores the settings. Your preferances, bouquets, cam configs, tuner settings will be restoroed to how they were set up.

You can also restore settings between different receivers. For example someone has TM Nano OE and wants a multi tuner receiver and buys a Mutant 2400. Flash the Vix image on the Mutant (as a separate process) and restore the settings backup. Settings for everything that qualifies will be restored. E.g. Tuner A will be the same configuration, but Tuners B, C and D, will not have anything set as nothing was set for them when the settings backup was made on the the Nano which only has a single tuner. The preferances, bouquets, etc will be restored.

Image Manager:
1.You can download an image from download server
2.You can flash/install an image.
3.You can create an image backup. Think of it as cloning the image. This can then be flashed/installed to the same make and model of receiver by USB or by Image Manager itself (process 2 above). When you flash/restore this image, it is an exact clone of the backup made.

Huevos
15-12-15, 15:21
Satellites.xml does not contain any info about diseqc setup. This is unique to the user.