PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Timer conflicts - with events one week apart

birdman
12-12-15, 12:38
Last night (well, early this morning) the Autotimer run on my box reported a conflict.
However, no disabled timer was added (I have it set to do this, and in the past it has done so - which means I know there is something to work to clear).

As well as the 13 matching events/1 conflict/12 unchanged timer message I was also seeing (sometimes) a separate screen showing:

(it's now later - it's reporting clashes for The Bridge next week now as well - none of which is producing a disabled timer).

The oddity is that the conflict it is reporting is against 3 timers for today (12.12) not next Saturday (19.12)

If I try to add a one-off timer manually from the EPG it results in this:
This is for a programme on 19 Dec.

It's odd. Everything is out by one week.

A bit like this:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49392-10088-min-left&p=385135#post385135

birdman
12-12-15, 13:01
Hmmm...
I'm getting these timer conflicts whenever I try to add any timer (manually) at any time. So perhaps that is the issue, rather than anything to do with it being a week out.
The odd thing is that I can;t see any real conflict.

birdman
12-12-15, 13:25
Well, I've managed to get out of the situation by removing all timers (including completed ones), letting the Auto Timer re-populate and then disabling the ones I have already recorded and viewed (and hence deleted - or rather moved to .Trash, which the AutoTimer code doesn't check for recordings).

Still no idea how it got to that state in the first place, though. Or what state that actually was. I have saved the timers.xml file.

abu baniaz
12-12-15, 13:46
In recording and plyaback settings, the default timespan to keep timers after they have completed, is 7 days.

birdman
12-12-15, 14:03
In recording and plyaback settings, the default timespan to keep timers after they have completed, is 7 days.Yes, I understand that, which was why I knew I'd have to disable a few after a fresh restart. But that's not the issue.

Why was a conflict being reported when there was no conflict (I've got the same timers in place after I started from afresh and it's OK now)?
Why was there no disabled timer created (perhaps because there was no actual conflict?)?
Why was I unable to add any timer at any time without being shown a conflict (that did not actually exist)?

abu baniaz
12-12-15, 14:44
Completed timers are polled to prevent duplication. Problem if episode n and (n+1) have the same description and the settings are set to ignore exact match.

birdman
12-12-15, 15:10
Completed timers are polled to prevent duplication. Problem if episode n and (n+1) have the same description and the settings are set to ignore exact match.No. That just means the second timer doesn't get set, as a similar has been found (it's not a conflict).
I have some of these duplicates too, but that's not an issue, as I'll be listening to "The Now Show" shortly, and can then delete the timer and recording (which will allow next week's timer to be installed). Similarly for "The Football League".

That's the reason I'm testing out some changes to the AutoTimer code, to allow for modifying the similarity factors, and also setting up "time groups" so that any recording outside of that is treated as a different event, even if the description is the same.

Nearly there (and I remove the code to go back to "standard" Autotimer code after each testing session).

ccs
12-12-15, 17:55
There was a lot of discussion on the OpenPLi forum a while ago about conflicts.

I've no idea if they apply to VIX as well,.....

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/39306-problem-with-timer-sanity-check/?view=findpost&p=511789

Erik Slagter Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:00

Yes, this is known problem, you're not seeing ghosts ;)

There are a few considerations though:

- timers tend to have a "pre-roll" and "extension" time (time to record before the actual timer and after), configured in the global settings

- tuners that are going to record, are unavailabled from one minute before their actual starting time

- and sometimes the conflict detections just loses track of all tuners, timers, recordings, streaming, etc and in that case there is nothing you can do.

Wel actually you can, from last week there is an extra option "disable timer conflict detection".