PDA

View Full Version : Getting a New box. Any Suggestions?

iluukee
10-12-15, 23:42
Hello All,

I currently have a venton uni box which has served me well over the past 3 years or so but now I think it is about time to upgrade.

Back when I was looking for boxes a while back the GiGaBlue HD QUAD+ PLUS was the best on the market and I am still wondering if it is? and if not what is.

I do not really have a budget on buying a new box so any suggestions will be great.

I will be using the box mostly just watch sports and it needs to be capable of having a motorized dish attached to it.

Another questions I have is what is the best firmware to have installed? I currently run Open vix and is this still the best to use?

Any help would be brilliant :)

THanks

cactikid
11-12-15, 00:17
there are so many quad tuners out there i ended buying xtrend 10000 and i still use vix:thumbsup:

nsw9154
11-12-15, 08:24
I have the Quad+ - Duo2 - LX3 - Mut@nt HD240 and Xtrend ET10k receivers and they are all very good capable receivers and any one should be capable of doing what you want and should last you a long time, i find that the main differences with most top end receivers is the remote control and whether they take 2.5" or 3.5" Hard Drives

the Duo2 - ET10k & LX3 can take either 2.5" or 3.5" hard drives and i have 5,500rpm Toshiba 3TB 3.5" drives in the Duo2 & ET10k as i tend to record and keep a lot of Motorbike racing
the Mut@nt & Quad+ can only take 2.5" drives but they work just as well but are limited to only 2TB that cost the same or more than a 3/4TB WD Green or Blue 3.5" drive

now i think that the Remote Control on the ET10k is the best Remote Control that i have ever used, but some don't like it and prefer the one from the Duo2 its a personal thing i suppose and you could always get a Harmony multi remote, i have the Harmony 650 but i think that some of the buttons are to small like on the Quad+ but that's just my opinion :)

and i think that ViX is the best image because i have not tried any others :D

twol
11-12-15, 11:02
Another questions I have is what is the best firmware to have installed? I currently run Open vix and is this still the best to use?

Well I have tried many of the different images over the last few years and for me ViX is still the best complete image, especially for those new to Enigma" receivers ... if you know what you are doing then I guess some of the others come into the picture but support from ViX is first class and usually amazingly patient :)