PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo 4k LCD skin

mogli
08-12-15, 22:27
Hi there

I have setup new Solo 4k and selected the lcd skin with picon, I have noticed that it does not fit on the screen properly and some info is missing as well as it not being centered, is there something I can do to fix it or is it a tweak that will have to be changed in an update?, photo attached

Thanks

jonnyflash
08-12-15, 22:39
If you go into feeds and download the picon feed, then go into picon and download 400x200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mogli
08-12-15, 22:53
If you go into feeds and download the picon feed, then go into picon and download 400x200

Sorry not sure what you mean? I already have picons installed, my issue is with the position on the lcd not fitting properly and missing information?

Thanks

jonnyflash
08-12-15, 22:55
I'll have check my setup and get back to you

Andy_Hazza
08-12-15, 23:20
Have you downloaded the OE-Alliance LCD Skin 1 or OE-Alliance LCD Skin 2 from the plugin feeds? Then go to Front Display settings and enable the skin you have downloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mogli
08-12-15, 23:26
Hi

Yep, downloaded the OE-Allliance Skins, I quite liked a skin which showed more info, such as tuner, time elapsed etc.... similar to the one that is shown on the advert on WOS but I suppose you can't have everything, I have settled with the OE-Alliance LCD Skin 1 as it seems to fill the screen correctly.

If anyone has or knows a way to get a skin like the one in the advert keeping vix?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
09-12-15, 06:14
The box is still new and we need the Linux4LCD to be modified so it can work with ARM (Solo 4K) to get that (shown in the picture). My understanding is the Linux4LCD plugin is mipsel, thus why it doesn't work.

mogli
09-12-15, 08:56
Cheers for info

DaMacFunkin
09-12-15, 09:12
I have been using lcd4linux from the feeds for weeks on ATV and VIX it has nothing to do with arm processor...
Make sure you have loaded and are displaying one of the custom user skin screens in display settings.
Install lcd4linux from feeds.
Launch lcd4linux and on global settings instead of using default lcd1 screen (300x220 or whatever it is) use arrow right to select custom user screen, now you should be able to edit away in real time till you heart is content, remember to save your settings on exit.
Ps i can't exactly remember but if you don't get the option for custom screen, try manually loading the skin user xml.

Andy_Hazza
09-12-15, 09:23
I have been using lcd4linux from the feeds for weeks on ATV and VIX it has nothing to do with arm processor...
Make sure you have loaded and are displaying one of the custom user skin screens in display settings.
Install lcd4linux from feeds.
Launch lcd4linux and on global settings instead of using default lcd1 screen (300x220 or whatever it is) use arrow right to select custom user screen, now you should be able to edit away in real time till you heart is content, remember to save your settings on exit.
Ps i can't exactly remember but if you don't get the option for custom screen, try manually loading the skin user xml.

Hmmmm I've tried all sorts but couldn't get anything to work, and read a thread somewhere else where it said it was due to the ARM processor and with Linux4LCD using mipsel. We learn summat new everyday. [emoji85]

DaMacFunkin
09-12-15, 11:10
I stumbled across it over two weeks ago and at the time I posted it on blackhole forum at the time and just presumed everyone knew about it, thinking back I'm pretty sure you do have to load the custom skin xml in lcd4linux like you would load your own back up and then choose the skin user as your LCD screen 1, I can't post exact steps as I am far far away.

Ev0
09-12-15, 11:21
I can confirm lcd4linux does work on solo4k.

And once I had it running and got it looking how I wanted, I decided it was pointless and disabled it again lol.

DaMacFunkin
09-12-15, 11:24
But you still kept your created screen though correct?

Ev0
09-12-15, 11:28
But you still kept your created screen though correct?

No, I forgot to save the lcd4config file before I reflashed the box :D

DaMacFunkin
09-12-15, 11:31
:thumbsup:
Not just mr then that cracks under stress lol.

Ev0
09-12-15, 11:34
lol I just forgot about it as I had it disabled.

Sicilian
09-12-15, 11:48
Thanks guys, will try LCD4L this evening :thumbsup: