PDA

View Full Version : Dummies Guide - Understanding Satellite systes (Wanted)

graymattor
07-12-15, 13:40
Hi All

I am very much new to everything satellite but i am finding it fascinating, it’s a whole new world and i would love to get involved but i am struggling to find a basics/dummies guide of how the whole thing works, i understand that is very broad but i want to start at the beginning and understand satellite systems, receivers, dishes, etc. and what all the abbreviations mean, etc., just anything and everything.

Does anyone have any good links, recommend any books, websites, etc. that i would find useful and interesting?

I don’t want to just buy a box and hope for the best i want to understand the working and ins and outs of hardware specs and software’s

Thanks in advance, and sorry if i sound really daft but there is no much specific complicated questions on the forum i would like something more general

Chris

outrage_uk
16-12-15, 14:25
Something like this if you want all the technical ins and outs: Guide to Satellite TV: Installation, Reception and Repair (http://amzn.to/1O5ESxO) (£2.89 Used)

To be honest, this forum and the people on it are the best source of help and information... if you get the right person in the right mood.

graymattor
17-12-15, 08:16
Hi

Thanks for the link, I have gone a head and purchased a used one.

Yeah the guys on here are great Andy_Hazza has been a massive help in getting me up and running. I just want to know how to do it myself and sometimes I get confused with all the content, there is so much good stuff I don't know where to start!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Pgs49sullit
24-12-15, 16:19
You and me too - just bought a used copy of the book - thanks!

graymattor
24-12-15, 18:55
Mine arrived this morning looks really good and concise :-)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk