PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Fire TV Utility App

kid_warrior
05-12-15, 21:55
Amazon Fire TV Utility App is a great tool for installing kodi onto fire stick......

Upon launching the utility you will be asked to enter the IP address of your Amazon Fire TV.
File,settings

Also I suggest you change the setting to show the status of your work in a COMMAND screen else you might do something and then not sure if it is really happened. I find it very useful to see whether the connection to the Amazon TV has started, has the backup completed and has the transfer of files from your PC to the Amazon TV gone through. So do choose the CMD Window Status as “Normal Debug Mode”

Then connect to your Amazon TV. You should check the CMD Window (basically a DOS window) to see the status.

We will then use this utility to sideload the APK into our Amazon TV. Follow the 3 steps in this picture: Do not close anything until the file has loaded

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ytafh9uxd9f0004/FTV+v0.58.zip

How to run Kodi/XBMC (or other sideloaded apps) on the Fire TV Stick

Now you app should be loaded on your Fire TV Stick… but you won’t see it on the home screen. Here’s how you can find and launch it.

1. Scroll down to the Settings menu.

2. Navigate to the Applications option and hit the select button.

3. Scroll down and select the entry that says “Manage All Installed Applications.”

4. Scroll down until you find the app you want to launch. Select it, and choose the option for “Launch application.”

ccs
05-12-15, 22:01
..... or try adbFire

gibbletts
05-12-15, 22:38
Yep adb for me and you can set up llama or fire starter so there's no need to go into apps menu

Willmoore
05-12-15, 23:46
I have done a number of these sticks and the methods just keep getting easier. Upload the Kodi app from your smartphone using - apps2ire. Or simpler still download Firestarter (which contains Kodi) to your smartphone and then upload that using apps2fire. Takes a couple of minutes. Also, Firestarter can be used to configure the home button on the remote - such as 1 click for Kodi - 2 clicks for Amazon home page.

wullboy
08-12-15, 08:44
I also believe in firestarter, there is the option for the stick/box to load up the amazon home page fist, and then it goes straight to kodi without pressing the home button at all ???