PDA

View Full Version : lost post

Bazzer
03-11-15, 15:49
You need to let people know what you are looking to do with a new box ??
There are a lot of stb boxes which the sponsors supply and budget then others can advice which is the best box for you.
And make sure you read the Forum Rules

nealb71
03-11-15, 15:54
I have! I use a b link boxee box for most things but looking for a single room device to watch normal entertain channels on. The v5s does the job but getting dated now

Bazzer
03-11-15, 16:15
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?302-Support-our-Sponsor-click-here-to-buy-your-Satellite-Equipment! Have a look here there are many boxes for what you need . Has I said your budget then you can decide which one and then ask others about the box you have decided on

nealb71
03-11-15, 22:19
have around £200 for a box. Been looking at a gigblue hd quad plus or the Vu+ . Not sure if a bit advanced for me tho as only used to the v5s

Bazzer
03-11-15, 22:57
There is some great boxes for that money m8 ·Don't be afraid m8 you will be ok I went from a basic box to the Mutant HD2400 and believe me the difference is out of this world and to be honest I followed the tutorials on this forum and with the help of others I have learnt loads.:thumbsup:

nealb71
10-11-15, 08:06
A friend of mine does the ZGEMMA star H1 boxes. What are these like as seem very similar to my V5s. Are the boxes dated now?

Andy_Hazza
10-11-15, 08:13
A friend of mine does the ZGEMMA star H1 boxes. What are these like as seem very similar to my V5s. Are the boxes dated now?

You won't get any help or support on here with those shitty clone counterfeit "shitgemma" boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nealb71
10-11-15, 08:52
I thought they looked cheap and too good to be true. Thank you for reply Andy. Will get a box from WOS

Busterroo
10-11-15, 14:54
You won't get any help or support on here with those shitty clone counterfeit "shitgemma" boxes.

I have to second Andys sentiment. I set up one of those shitgemma boxes for a mate as a favour, I would have done him more service if I put a hammer through it!:p

nealb71
10-11-15, 18:18
I have to second Andys sentiment. I set up one of those shitgemma boxes for a mate as a favour, I would have done him more service if I put a hammer through it!:p

thats so funny. Seen the mutant make HD1500 i know Andy has the Hd2400. Have read on WOS difference. Andy are they good . Sorry for so many questions

Andy_Hazza
10-11-15, 22:55
thats so funny. Seen the mutant make HD1500 i know Andy has the Hd2400. Have read on WOS difference. Andy are they good . Sorry for so many questions

What are you after in a receiver? Single feed? Twin feed? Cable or Satellite or both? Recordable? Give me some ideas n I'll point you in the right direction.

nealb71
11-11-15, 17:56
hi Andy. I currently Have a openbox v5s which isnt recordable. I use my old sky dish to run it but as my cabling is old I get a lot of signal loss. I have cable to my house so thinking about using that instead. Not too bothered about recording but if I could use my external to make it happen wouldnt be a bad thing. Not sure what you mean by single or double feed

Andy_Hazza
11-11-15, 21:52
hi Andy. I currently Have a openbox v5s which isnt recordable. I use my old sky dish to run it but as my cabling is old I get a lot of signal loss. I have cable to my house so thinking about using that instead. Not too bothered about recording but if I could use my external to make it happen wouldnt be a bad thing. Not sure what you mean by single or double feed

If you have cable in your area, thats the way to go. Single feed means 1x satellite cable from sky dish/lnb and Twin feed means 2x satellite cable from sky dish/lnb, just terminology thats all. So you could either just have a cable receiver or a combo receiver (satellite & cable). What sort of budget do you have in mind?

nealb71
12-11-15, 21:29
I would be willing to pay up to £200 for the right one. I have both a sky dish( non Subscription) and cable (subscription) but believe cable would be way forward as always had a better signal from it. We cancelled sky due to poor quality signal

nealb71
05-12-15, 17:55
Is there any way that you can quickly find posts that I have posted and been replied too? I was suggested a good sat/cable box but unable to find it now. Was on WOS site.

ccs
05-12-15, 18:05
Click on your userid (top left of your post) and it gives you the option to view posts.

nealb71
06-12-15, 10:31
thank you ccs

birdman
06-12-15, 16:32
Click on your userid (top left of your post) and it gives you the option to view posts.I never knew that!
I've always gone via "My Profile" (at the very top of the screen) but that only show my own - this means I can reach anyone's posts (and sometimes I do know who posted what I'm trying to find).

abu baniaz
06-12-15, 22:17
In "advanced search", you can specify the poster's name when searching for words/terms.