PDA

View Full Version : trend et8000 tune failed

patmanS
05-12-15, 00:50
hi all please bear with me as not very technical. got my et8000 a few months ago. after a few minor issues everything seems to be going well, not perfect but ok. last few days lots of gliches and then i get a message "tune failed" i tried everything reboot, factory reset, cross peg downloader, but nothing works. i keep getting messages like timeout for tuner lock etc. i'm not sure what the tuner settings should be, i've tried simple, advance, loop to tone burst a/b but nothing works!! please help

cactikid
05-12-15, 03:32
have channels moved on sat by any chance,power off box and check f connectors for bad contact on cables.
if on astra simple,single and astra 28.2 on both tuners.

patmanS
05-12-15, 12:12
thank you for your reply. not sure what you mean by "channels moved on sat". it's now showing me a message "service not found (SID not found in PAT). what does all these mean??? has the alien invaded my box???

twol
05-12-15, 12:47
Looks as suggested that your dish has moved, you need to check its alignment ....

patmanS
05-12-15, 12:59
thanks for the reply. what the sky dish? moved? how? desmond? how (can I) do i check the alignment?

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 13:00
How do you make your channel list?
When did you last update your channel list?
(You mentioned Cross EPG downloader, that does not do channel data.)

patmanS
05-12-15, 13:20
thanks for your reply. not totally sure about the answers to the channels list questions. i tried the crossEPG downloader and sometime it loads other times it gives me a message "timelock for tuner" sometimes no service available.. i think the channels update are done thro autoBoughtsMaker daily at 5am. what i do keep getting is tune failed. as suggested by catikid tuners are set at simple, single

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 13:37
You need to stop mixing up/adding things in your answers. Otherwise you will get in a muddle.

Please confirm that you have two cables from the satellite dish to your receiver.

Disable tuner B.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
Highlight Tuner B then chnage configuration mode to "not configured"

Go to Signal/Satellite Finder and check that tuner A can receive signal for the transponder mentioned later.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Satellite Finder
Ensure that the settings are excatly as pictured and post back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Sat: 28.2
Tune: User defined transponder
Sytem: DVB-S
Frequency: 11778
Polarisation : Vertical
Symol Rate: 27500
Inversion: Auto
FEC : Auto

Report back as to whether you get a lock or not.

Enable tuner B. Set it as simple Single, 28.2

Disable tuner A.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
Highlight Tuner B then chnage configuration mode to "not configured"

Go to Signal/Satellite Finder and check that tuner B can receive signal for the transponder mentioned later.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Satellite Finder
Ensure that the settings are excatly as pictured and post back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Sat: 28.2
Tune: User defined transponder
Sytem: DVB-S
Frequency: 11778
Polarisation : Vertical
Symol Rate: 27500
Inversion: Auto
FEC : Auto

Report back as to whether you get a lock or not.

There are 5 tasks for you to do. Respond in 5 sentences answering the specific questions please.

patmanS
05-12-15, 13:56
wow many thanks abu. unfortunately i'm now not at home so cannot try out your instructions. i can confirm that i have 2 cables and everything was working fine until a few days ago when it stated glitching badly, then tune failed was the message. i did crossEPG downloader scan this morning and briefly got channel 4 then the same message appeared "tune failed"

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 14:15
Why are you mentioning CrossEPG downloader? We are not interested in EPG at the moment, we are looking at your channels problem. (Although the problem you are having could affect the two different processes.)

The two likely causes of your problems are:
Dish misaligned (as mentioned above)
LNB failure

patmanS
05-12-15, 14:20
sorry for my ignorance. thought the crossEPG downloader had something to do with channels list etc. ok will try the instruction when i get home about 4 and report back

patmanS
05-12-15, 17:47
hi abu

1. confirm 2 cable
2.disabled
3.locked
4.disabled
5. locked

started automatic scan, fingers crossed

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 17:51
After the scan has finished, can you post a screenshot showing the signal lock please? There is a guide in my signature.

patmanS
05-12-15, 18:07
Abu ok first time i did it both tuners locked. now they appear to have gone back to previous setting (different to the one you gave me). i've reset to the settings you gave me and now it does not lock

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 18:16
Post a screenshot please.

patmanS
05-12-15, 18:31
sorry i tried but don't know how to

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 18:35
If teh IP address of your reciver is 192.168.0.10, you would enter this into your web browser ( internet explorere.firefox, safari)

http://192.168.0.10/grab?format=jpg

patmanS
05-12-15, 18:41
tried and tried but it doesn't seem to work not good i know but shall i take a pic with my phone camera

patmanS
05-12-15, 19:43
ok tuners has decided to lock but keeps resetting with redefined transponder, when i set it to user defined transponder the frequency changes and polarisation keeps changing to horizontal, symbol rate rate change and FEC goes to 5/6. press ok to scan and only 10 channels detected. but to watch only channel 4 is available

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 20:19
I wish you success in your quest to resolve your problem. I can't help any further, you keep going off at a tangent.

patmanS
05-12-15, 20:27
abu thank you for all your help. i didn't think i was going off at a tangent laterly. what i was reporting back was the tuner configuration, and that even when i tried to set it at the perimeters you told me to it kept going back to previous setting. also it does not always lock at the setting you gave me but it does lock at the previous setting intermittently. even when locked it scanned channels but i cannot watch the channels as it kept saying service not available check tuner configuration

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 20:33
If you go to signal finder and select user transponder, it starts off with the TP of the active channel, if that is available it goes to the first TP in the xml. You enter the values you want to test. Once you enter the values, it won't change on its own. That is my experience, although we all make mistakes.

patmanS
06-12-15, 14:00
hi abu. thanks for your reply. i don't know whether it something i'm doing/not doing but when i go into sat finder and select user transponder it is always reset at predefined transponder, even if i had previously set it at user transponder also when i change it to use transponder the perimeters has changed back to a "pre-set" figure, e.g. the the frequency changes, so does the polarisation symbol rate and inversion. the tuner does not always lock either. and when it does lock and i do a scan it does not pick up all the channels.

patmanS
06-12-15, 15:04
ok so I've play around with the tuner. unfortunately still no joy-tune failed is the constant message. the sat finder is always set at predefined transponder, the the transponder is set at 10773 H 22000 5/6. and even when as suggested by abu i reset it to the perimeters 11778 V 27500 auto, it doesn't always lock on. and when exit sat finder and returning to it the transponder goes back to predefined and set at 10773 H 22000 5/6. help!!!!

twol
06-12-15, 15:39
If it doesn't lock then either your dish is not aligned or your cables have a problem ..... the other "issues" you have are not issues - normally when you go into Satfinder it will be set to the current working transponder - you can change the transponder etc but it doesn't retain the values when you exit.

patmanS
06-12-15, 15:51
thanks twol. the tuner locks intermittently, so why's that? can i do something myself with the dish alignment or do i have to get someone in for that? i gathered that the predefined transponder was preset and the value does not change as i've tried and tried and it always goes back to the predefined values.

josweet
06-12-15, 19:19
Put your box on BBC1 and move your sat dish SLOWLY from side to side then up and down until u see the pic. 1 Inch of movement should take around 5 seconds. look at the dishes on your neighbours homes for comparison
Move carefully as not to bend the boom arm or distort dish. With all the winds we have had, its gona be dish slightly out for sure.

patmanS
06-12-15, 20:03
so tuners have stayed locked for a while. did scan in sat finder and can see channels but can't seem to access sky channels. why?? did scan in ABM and it's not reading any sky channels but found the freesat channels.

patmanS
06-12-15, 20:09
thanks josweet. i'm going to leave that for now as tuners seems to have locked in for a while. we live by the sea and the wind has been particularly strong the past few days, hopefully its settled down. now trying to sort out why i can't view sky channels even though they are showing

twol
06-12-15, 20:38
thanks josweet. i'm going to leave that for now as tuners seems to have locked in :)for a while. we live by the sea and the wind has been particularly strong the past few days, hopefully its settled down. now trying to sort out why i can't view sky channels even though they are showing

I live on the reception fringe so all I can say is that Sky signal is much stronger than the fta signals ... I reall think you should get a helper and try to adjust the dish between you. :)

patmanS
06-12-15, 22:31
yes twol think you're right. will get someone in to test out dish alignment. but for the moment i need to understand why i can only get fta and not sky channels even though they appear on the channel list