PDA

View Full Version : Best freeview box for the wife?

steve14
04-12-15, 15:01
Hi,
Can someone recommend me the best freeview box for the wife. Would like a dual tuner and the ability to record. She really doesn't like my gigablue.

Thanks
Steve

nsw9154
04-12-15, 15:09
Hello if she dose not like your Gigablue why not try a Xtrend ET8000 and you always have the option of a 3rd tuner if needed later

mcquaim
04-12-15, 15:40
Firstly I'd establish what it is exactly she doesn't like with the Gigablue... Is it how it looks, the remote, performance etc..

If it's how the software looks and works then this is all very customisable with all the various skins you can install and also the various options you can change. If it's this then any dual receiver will do fine for her.

Willmoore
04-12-15, 16:02
When I saw the title I thought you were looking for a straight swap :)

judge
04-12-15, 16:28
When I saw the title I thought you were looking for a straight swap :)

LOL ... :p

nsw9154
04-12-15, 17:32
hahaha if it could only be so easy :thumbsup::D

Willmoore
04-12-15, 17:55
As Mcquaim says whats the problem with the GB ? Without that info somebody may recommend a similar one. If it's the UI just re-skin it. You could even make it look like Sky :rolleyes:

TK4|2|1
04-12-15, 19:07
If it's just something simple for the wife to use, just go to tesco and buy a cheap off the shelf freeview pvr

frankblueking
04-12-15, 21:14
Not a cheap option but my wife uses a Humax box. Glitch free and easy to operate and certainly very reliable, Of course it is Freesat not Freeview. Cheers

steve14
07-12-15, 12:36
Thanks for the info guys. I think it's better we go back to a two box solution or I'm going to end up divorced.

Frankblueking, any particular Humax box you would recommend. Also you are right, it is Freesat we want, not Freeview.

frankblueking
07-12-15, 14:43
Thanks for the info guys. I think it's better we go back to a two box solution or I'm going to end up divorced.

Frankblueking, any particular Humax box you would recommend. Also you are right, it is Freesat we want, not Freeview.

Hi Steve My box is now 5 years old so you may want to do a little research before making a decision. My model is Humax Foxsat-HDR and as stated we have had absolutely no problems. It has a hard drive (250GB I think) and HDMI, Scart & DVI out connections. There are 2 LNB inputs. It is easy to use, although the range of the controller is a little limited my wife tells me!!

I'm not sure if WoS have a similar unit, if yes I would go down that route as they are good on price & give excellent support. Regards Frank

twol
07-12-15, 15:23
Hi Steve My box is now 5 years old so you may want to do a little research before making a decision. My model is Humax Foxsat-HDR and as stated we have had absolutely no problems. It has a hard drive (250GB I think) and HDMI, Scart & DVI out connections. There are 2 LNB inputs. It is easy to use, although the range of the controller is a little limited my wife tells me!!

I'm not sure if WoS have a similar unit, if yes I would go down that route as they are good on price & give excellent support. Regards Frank

Most of the guys I talk to on the fringe use Humax and swear by them :) Usually buying on Ebay ... Apparently there is some super old model they try to pick up.
Currently you seem to be limited to either the hdr 1000 or 1100 which apart from Freesat offer catch up TV like BBC iplayer ..... But either way as suggested I would make sure your wife agrees everything first :)