PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles in french with strange characters

pazosi
04-12-15, 12:47
Hello and thanks for your nice work

I have this problem with the Vix (all images) and the subtitles in the french channels. It is possible to change the character? because words with some french characters make the subtitles very hard to understand in the french tv channels (and french recorded films too i think).

Thanks a lot

pazosi
04-12-15, 14:41
Me again explaining more specificly about this problem with the character set of the subtitles: if ther's a word like "matičre" in the subtitles is shown "matière".

timofee
04-12-15, 15:05
Have you tried changing the main language to French.

That would mean all your menus would also be in French, but it might fix the subtitles

pazosi
04-12-15, 17:12
Hello, thanks for your quick answer but, is that not a too drastic/salomonic sollution for this "little problem"? In spanish we've call it "matar moscas a caņonazos", specially when the other members of the familly dont know a word of french languaje it will be difficult for them to manage the machine with the menus in french... anyway thanks for the idea

pazosi
14-04-16, 08:41
Hello, I'm updating this thread cause maybe somebody has un idea of a setup for OpenVix for showing correctly subtitles in french language. I know that is not a major problem and is not to happend to a lot of users but for me is quite anoying, especially when waching TV5 Monde channel. It would be possible to OpenVix to use the correct character encoding for french or is a problem concerning only this channel? I'm a little bit lost with this.
Thanks in advance

sewalsh
14-04-16, 08:48
I too would love this issue to be resolved!