PDA

View Full Version : First Day Problems.

DaMacFunkin
03-12-15, 19:36
Hello, i have now had VIX installed for 24 hours and i have 2 problems, which might be the same problem, there are no logs in the logs folder.

1. I have just come in from work, the box should have been in stand-by, i found it in a 'crashed' state, no front display, no telnet or ftp access, i have had to power cycle the box, there are no recordings set for during the day. All that is set is ABM 5:45. Opentv (28.2) 5:50, epg-refresh (pvr-channel) 5:55. so the last thing the box should have done before i left for work at 6 a.m. was epg related. (I have used the same in configuration in openATV for over a week with no problems).

2. I have tuner A set to 28.2, Tuner B is Usals, Tuners J&K are Cable.
If i am watching Tuner B and i run crossepg (opentv 28.2) the picture freezes whilst crossepg runs, i presume it is using my motorised dish for this process even though tuner A is free (i can hear it turn), after it has run i need to rezap to another channel to unfreeze the picture. It performs fine If i am watching Tuner A. All preferred tuner settings are set to auto or default.

Maybe this is happened this morning and is the cause of my box hanging?

rossi2000
03-12-15, 22:56
must be a debug log somewhere?

DaMacFunkin
04-12-15, 14:11
You tell me mate your more of an expert, I'm particularly more worried about why opentv is trying to use the tuner I am watching when there are other more suited and more importantly free tuners available, that is Defo a bug.

abu baniaz
04-12-15, 15:02
Enable debug logs, restart receiver, repeat process, upload logs.

DaMacFunkin
04-12-15, 18:02
Yes i will do that for the ABM problem but i have just come in from work and box is crashed again, it was fine when i left at 6:20am i can't risk going out all day and leaving it crashed like that, it could have been like that for 10 or 11 hours, it might be doing damage to the box, so unless someone has any ideas i will have to flash back to ATV.
Ive just noticed in the root of the HDD i have a file called 'epg.dat.loading' Timed at 08:21 this morning, why does it have the .loading extension?

twol
04-12-15, 18:28
Yes i will do that for the ABM problem but i have just come in from work and box is crashed again, it was fine when i left at 6:20am i can't risk going out all day and leaving it crashed like that, it could have been like that for 10 or 11 hours, it might be doing damage to the box, so unless someone has any ideas i will have to flash back to ATV.
Ive just noticed in the root of the HDD i have a file called 'epg.dat.loading' Timed at 08:21 this morning, why does it have the .loading extension?
Again I know its "probably" not what you want, but why not try xmltv instead of cross epg as a temp bypass and see if you then have a stable system?

DaMacFunkin
04-12-15, 18:47
ive just run crossepg and epg refresh and that file has changed to 'epg.dat' timed at 17:41 so i think i can say it is a problem with the epg causing the crash, i just don't know what.
so i have enabled debug logs and rebooted and since then i can't get opentv to grab the B tuner whilst i am watching it. :confused:
I will leave VIX on tonight and see if it crashes tomorrow morning as i am in all day, but with no crash log i am stumped.

Sicilian
05-12-15, 06:39
Mines been running problem free using crossepg, EPG refresh and xmltv importer at their own set times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
05-12-15, 11:39
Most likely cause of the crash is cross trying touse the same resources as ABM. I.e. either ABM is still in progress when cross starts or one of the tuners hasn't been released.

The .loading file is created when cross starts and deleted at the end of the process.

BTW, are you saying cross and ABM work differently in OpenATV with regard to tuner selection?

Karl-Johan
05-12-15, 11:49
xmltvimporter keeps crashing restarting my receiver. I've selected Swedish, norwegian, danish, finnish, polish, german and italian epg. Runs fine when I untick German and Italian. Any ideas? Used to work fine on the Solo2.

twol
05-12-15, 11:58
xmltvimporter keeps crashing restarting my receiver. I've selected Swedish, norwegian, danish, finnish, polish, german and italian epg. Runs fine when I untick German and Italian. Any ideas? Used to work fine on the Solo2.

So is it both German & Italian together? Or individually?
Q. Is it more than 5 imports or country specific?

Huevos
05-12-15, 13:04
xmltvimporter keeps crashing restarting my receiver. I've selected Swedish, norwegian, danish, finnish, polish, german and italian epg. Runs fine when I untick German and Italian. Any ideas? Used to work fine on the Solo2.Not without a debug log.

Karl-Johan
05-12-15, 14:34
Not without a debug log.

Where do I find it?

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 15:28
You must first enable debug logs. A restart of receiver will be required to activate this.
Menu > Setup > System > Logs > Settings > Enable Debug logs

You will need to FTP to the receiver. The default location is /home/root/logs

Huevos
06-12-15, 03:11
Hello, i have now had VIX installed for 24 hours and i have 2 problems, which might be the same problem, there are no logs in the logs folder.

1. I have just come in from work, the box should have been in stand-by, i found it in a 'crashed' state, no front display, no telnet or ftp access, i have had to power cycle the box, there are no recordings set for during the day. All that is set is ABM 5:45. Opentv (28.2) 5:50, epg-refresh (pvr-channel) 5:55. so the last thing the box should have done before i left for work at 6 a.m. was epg related. (I have used the same in configuration in openATV for over a week with no problems).

2. I have tuner A set to 28.2, Tuner B is Usals, Tuners J&K are Cable.
If i am watching Tuner B and i run crossepg (opentv 28.2) the picture freezes whilst crossepg runs, i presume it is using my motorised dish for this process even though tuner A is free (i can hear it turn), after it has run i need to rezap to another channel to unfreeze the picture. It performs fine If i am watching Tuner A. All preferred tuner settings are set to auto or default.

Maybe this is happened this morning and is the cause of my box hanging?
1) We've tested this and cannot replicate it. Box in standby. ABM runs. 5 minutes later Cross runs. Both work perfectly. First place for you to look is signal level on 11778V.

2) Cannot replicate this either. Why would Cross select a tuner that is in use if a free one is available? Did you have a recording running on tuner A or one of its virtual tuners? Cross/ABM will only select a tuner that is currently in use if there is no other option. And then it will restart the currently playing service afterwards.

DaMacFunkin
06-12-15, 11:38
Sorry i havn't been back to this, been mega busy the 4k isnt the only thing in this house that needs attention lol.
yesterday morning i sat watching my box in standby, at 6:02 am the front clock stopped ticking, this is exactly the time that epg_refresh is running, and that is what i thought was causing the crash, i have disabled epg_refresh to autorun and this morning my box didn't crash.
My epg refresh is usually set to poll from 5:55, it does a fake recording for 300 seconds on pvr_epg channel (cable) then tunes to BBC ONE N W (Terrestrial) for 300 seconds as a fake recording. My T2 tuner is a USB Sundtek, that could be the cause, i know there was a a new usb dvb driver released into the new vix and maybe that is the reason i am having this problem and didn't when running ATV which was probably pre-dvb usb driver.
At the mome i havn't got time to mess, i may flash back ATV and run software update and see if my config fails there as well.

Sicilian
06-12-15, 12:38
No issue with EPG refresh here, post screenshots of your settings so can try to replicate.

DaMacFunkin
06-12-15, 14:47
its worse than that, i left the box on bbc 1 hd (fta sat) and ive been busy, i have just been to check on the box and the screen was frozen at 10 a.m. i tired to put the box into standby and the screen dimmed lightly and did nothing, i pressed power again and it nothing happened, luckily i have rebooted and there is a crash log, TBH i have had a few crashes since i installed VIX usually during tuning operations, i will upload the log for just now and i will then upload the others later.46091

DaMacFunkin
07-12-15, 20:00
I flashed back to my openatv back up yesterday and I've just come in from work and it is still running fine, everyday my box would crash in the morning with vix, and a few other times such as watching the X factor on Saturday night whilst it was still recording lead to my box becoming so unresponsive I had to reboot it by telnet.
The version of ATV is from the day before the last vu driver and USB updates where released, maybe they are the problem with my setup.
I plan to run this ATV for a few days and then I will update and see if that has the same effect, I really like vix I run it on all my other boxes but it just didn't feel stable at all.
ATV seems to run fine.
.?

Sicilian
08-12-15, 06:38
Screenshots requested in post 17 :rolleyes:

sundtek
08-12-15, 07:07
For the 4k in order to be sure that our driver (sundtek) is not the reason just flash a fresh vix image and don't install the USB driver for it.
This system is quite new. However I have read that the epg refresh itself might cause some issues at the moment (totally unrelated to our USB tuners..)
Try to debug it step by step.

DaMacFunkin
08-12-15, 13:56
Cheers I will, that's why I am running this ATV without any updates till the weekend I am mega busy at the moment, then I will try vix again at the weekend.

DaMacFunkin
08-12-15, 14:04
I can't privide you with the screenshots at the moment as I have flashed back to ATV, as the box is connected to our main TV I need it to run well during the week when I am almost never home so the rest of the family can use it or don't have to power cycle the box.
As I said my epg refresh settings where to poll between 5:55 and 6:15 everyday, and to fake record pvr_epg for 300 seconds and then fake record BBC 1 NW (terrestrial) for 300 seconds. These settings are what I am using on openATV last updated 01.12.2015.
I won't get time to test till the weekend, the lack of process to create a Vix image back up stops me from doing that during the week.

Sicilian
08-12-15, 18:33
ake record pvr_epg for 300 seconds and then fake record BBC 1 NW (terrestrial) for 300 seconds

No issue here using those settings.

Andy_Hazza
08-12-15, 19:04
the lack of process to create a Vix image back up stops me from doing that during the week.

You can save a backup using backup manager, and you can restore settings and plugins from that backup, just can't couch flash using image manager yet.

Sicilian
09-12-15, 07:36
Image backup will be fixed in next build. Image restore is being worked on by the author of ofgwrite.

@ DaMac, I've set EPGRefresh as per your settings, I'll add a Sundtek tuner this evening to the setup.

Andy_Hazza
09-12-15, 08:41
Image backup will be fixed in next build. Image restore is being worked on by the author of ofgwrite.

@ DaMac, I've set EPGRefresh as per your settings, I'll add a Sundtek tuner this evening to the setup.

Image Backup will be fixed?

Huevos
09-12-15, 09:11
Image Backup will be fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAndyBlac has already committed the fix for that.

But to restore the backup image you need to flash it from a usb stick.

Once ofgwrite is updated it will be possible to restore in the normal way.

Andy_Hazza
09-12-15, 09:19
Am I missing something? This is what I have done in the past on my Vu+ Solo 4K.
When I've set everything up and have it running how I like it. Blue button, ViX and Backup Manager and green button to save a backup.
When a new Dev image comes out I fresh flash using usb stick then when prompted if I want to restore settings, I say YES, choose my backup I did as stated above and when prompted if I want to restore plugins, I say YES and after a few, Vu+ Solo 4K reboots and everything is restored to how I like it. Is that what the Backup Manager is for?

twol
09-12-15, 10:06
Am I missing something? This is what I have done in the past on my Vu+ Solo 4K.
When I've set everything up and have it running how I like it. Blue button, ViX and Backup Manager and green button to save a backup.
When a new Dev image comes out I fresh flash using usb stick then when prompted if I want to restore settings, I say YES, choose my backup I did as stated above and when prompted if I want to restore plugins, I say YES and after a few, Vu+ Solo 4K reboots and everything is restored to how I like it. Is that what the Backup Manager is for?

Sicilian/Huevos are talking about Image Manager.
Backup Manager works fine and does as you have described.
Image Manager ..... currently cannot do a complete image restore until ofgwrite is modified. Same for couch image flash.

abu baniaz
09-12-15, 18:11
Hope following aids further understanding....

Backup Manager:
Creates and/or restores settings backup. You can setup a receiver how you like it. Flash another Vix image (as a separate prcoess), then restores the settings. Your preferances, bouquets, cam configs, tuner settings will be restoroed to how they were set up.

You can also restore settings between different receivers. For example someone has TM Nano OE and wants a multi tuner receiver and buys a Mutant 2400. Flash the Vix image on the Mutant (as a separate process) and restore the settings backup. Settings for everything that qualifies will be restored. E.g. Tuner A will be the same configuration, but Tuners B, C and D, will not have anything set as nothing was set for them when the settings backup was made on the the Nano which only has a single tuner. The preferances, bouquets, etc will be restored.

Image Manager:
1.You can download an image from download server
2.You can flash/install an image.
3.You can create an image backup. Think of it as cloning the image. This can then be flashed/installed to the same make and model of receiver by USB or by Image Manager itself (process 2 above). When you flash/restore this image, it is an exact clone of the backup made.

Operations 1 and 3 are working for the Solo 4K. So, you can clone the image using Image Manager and restore/flash it using the USB installation process.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 09:49
Hope following aids further understanding....

Backup Manager:
Creates and/or restores settings backup. You can setup a receiver how you like it. Flash another Vix image (as a separate prcoess), then restores the settings. Your preferances, bouquets, cam configs, tuner settings will be restoroed to how they were set up.

You can also restore settings between different receivers. For example someone has TM Nano OE and wants a multi tuner receiver and buys a Mutant 2400. Flash the Vix image on the Mutant (as a separate process) and restore the settings backup. Settings for everything that qualifies will be restored. E.g. Tuner A will be the same configuration, but Tuners B, C and D, will not have anything set as nothing was set for them when the settings backup was made on the the Nano which only has a single tuner. The preferances, bouquets, etc will be restored.

Image Manager:
1.You can download an image from download server
2.You can flash/install an image.
3.You can create an image backup. Think of it as cloning the image. This can then be flashed/installed to the same make and model of receiver by USB or by Image Manager itself (process 2 above). When you flash/restore this image, it is an exact clone of the backup made.

Operations 1 and 3 are working for the Solo 4K. So, you can clone the image using Image Manager and restore/flash it using the USB installation process.

Well i have been unable to clone my image using VIX... so... anyway.

Sicilian
13-12-15, 09:58
Well i have been unable to clone my image using VIX... so... anyway.

Imagemanager for 4K fixed in next release, backup image only. Restore is being fixed by author of 'ofgwrite'.

On another subject, could you post your working setup for LCD4Linux using OpenViX please.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 10:04
Good morning, here i am again, all week i have used my ATV image from 01.12.2015 without problems. On friday evening i online updated my ATV which included upodates to USB drivers, etc and there was also an update for epgrefresh in there, on saturday morning i awoke and my ABM, Cross EPG and Epg refresh had all run fine and the box was perfectly lucid and operational.
I reinstalled VIX, made sure i had the most up to date plugins from the feeds and set everything up as previous. the box was fine till last night and it started to go flaky again whilst recording the x factor ITV HD on FTA 28.2, at the same time i was watching Sky Movies HD on VM (i have timeshift enabled), ( Last week i was recording and watching the recording of the x factor at the same time when it flaked and crashed).
Spinner starts to show up regular, box becomes sluggish, i decide to put box into standby whilst still recording, the box seems to turn off but the lcd screen stays on Sky Movies, i had to turn the box back on, zap to ITV HD and then turn the box to standby, Now the LCD screen went to idle mode.
Woke up this morning 06:20 the box is crashed, no front display, i had to powercycle the box, I then ftp into the box and i have the epg.dat.loading file again timed at 00:21 this morning.
There is no crash log, if i run ABM, crossepg, and epgrefresh manually one after the other i have no problems, i therefore don't think these are the problem, i actually think it is a Hard Drive access problem, i know there was some rewrites over this issue, i just can't workout why i don't have any problems with other images?
Please find attached images.
If you want any more info or settings please let me know, but at some point today i will have to reflash my image clone of ATV for the coming week.4614346144461454614646147461484614946150

Sicilian
13-12-15, 10:27
Good morning, here i am again, all week i have used my ATV image from 01.12.2015 without problems. On friday evening i online updated my ATV which included upodates to USB drivers, etc and there was also an update for epgrefresh in there, on saturday morning i awoke and my ABM, Cross EPG and Epg refresh had all run fine and the box was perfectly lucid and operational.
I reinstalled VIX, made sure i had the most up to date plugins from the feeds and set everything up as previous. the box was fine till last night and it started to go flaky again whilst recording the x factor ITV HD on FTA 28.2, at the same time i was watching Sky Movies HD on VM (i have timeshift enabled), ( Last week i was recording and watching the recording of the x factor at the same time when it flaked and crashed).
Spinner starts to show up regular, box becomes sluggish, i decide to put box into standby whilst still recording, the box seems to turn off but the lcd screen stays on Sky Movies, i had to turn the box back on, zap to ITV HD and then turn the box to standby, Now the LCD screen went to idle mode.
Woke up this morning 06:20 the box is crashed, no front display, i had to powercycle the box, I then ftp into the box and i have the epg.dat.loading file again timed at 00:21 this morning.
There is no crash log, if i run ABM, crossepg, and epgrefresh manually one after the other i have no problems, i therefore don't think these are the problem, i actually think it is a Hard Drive access problem, i know there was some rewrites over this issue, i just can't workout why i don't have any problems with other images?
Please find attached images.
If you want any more info or settings please let me know, but at some point today i will have to reflash my image clone of ATV for the coming week.4614346144461454614646147461484614946150

No such issues here. I've test as fake recording and main picture in EPGRefresh. Neither giving me any issues.

See my post 33, can you post your working LCD4Linux setup please.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 11:47
Like I said it does seem to work fine manually, have you tried scheduling it like mine?
You also probably don't have the same tuner config as me.
The epg.dat.loading file is part of the problem, I am certain of it, that file is always there after a lock up.
(Give me 10 mins for the LCD files, it is a work in progress, my media player screen is not finished yet)

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 12:00
init 4
place files in etc/enigma2
init 3

Huevos
13-12-15, 12:01
If EPG.DAT.LOADING is present it just means Cross download did not complete.

What is the tuner setup?

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 12:13
Tuner A Simple 28.2
Tuner B Usuals
Tuner I Cable
Tuner J Cable
Tuner K Sundtek S2 (Not configured)
Tuner L Sundtek T2 Winter Hill gb
This is exactly the same config as i have in openatv.
The Sundtek S2 is not configured because of a separate problem i am having with ABM.(its easier than going round the cabinet and unplugging it).
p.s. crossepg shouldn't be running at 00:21 at night...

Sicilian
13-12-15, 12:49
init 4
place files in etc/enigma2
init 3

Where did you download or install skin_user from?

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 13:08
1. If you go to my original post on it you go to front display and choose skin_user.
2. Then in lcd4linux you need to press menu and load the skin user file, then choose that as your lcd screen.
You shouldn't need to do step 2 if using pre config files. just init 4 after step 1 and drop them in.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 13:14

Sicilian
13-12-15, 13:24
1. If you go to my original post on it you go to front display and choose skin_user.
2. Then in lcd4linux you need to press menu and load the skin user file, then choose that as your lcd screen.
You shouldn't need to do step 2 if using pre config files. just init 4 after step 1 and drop them in.

From a fresh flash you get this:

Menu > Setup > System > Front display > Skin setup, Default or Default with picon. Still dont see where skin_user comes from.

Going into LCD4L and press menu does not give option to load skin_user. This is from a fresh flash without your files.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 13:35
highlight lcd 1 screen in global settings and press right, do you get the option for internal box-skin lcd as underlined?

Sicilian
13-12-15, 13:46
highlight lcd 1 screen in global settings and press right, do you get the option for internal box-skin lcd as underlined?

Just figured it lol, been doing my nut in this one lol!

From from fresh flash.

1) Install LCD4L.
2) Press Menu in LCD4L and load defaults.
3) Exit that screen.
4) Press Green to save.
5) Receiver GUI will then restart.
6) Defaults loaded and LCD4L working, can now configure away.

I'll post a sticky with your config. Skin_user you posted is not needed.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 13:52
Ok, that sounds like what i did lol, i know i loaded a file in lcd4linux it was a few weeks ago.