PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] movie trash folder settings

baz2011uk
02-12-15, 01:04
not sure if this is the correct place so if wrong sorry mod please move if that's the case

i have set my movie trash folder to auto delete files after 7 days but they don't seem to delete themselves is this by any chance to-do with the 40gb limit space setting for recordings as default
i have a 2TB HDD internal installed

i would like to keep as much space available for new and unwatched recordings i am thinking i should have the setting to 1700/1800gb in limit space setting as this would only ever store 160/162gb of data in the trash can and then start removing or am i reading this wrong

can anyone confirm if what i think is correct and would i have issues with theses settings

cheers

abu baniaz
02-12-15, 01:36
You are correct.

As an aside, I prefer to use the Event name for my recordings. (Thanks to Birdman). You can FTP into your recording folder and arrange/tidy up better when you can sort by name. This includes deleting things although they wont go to the trash if you do it by FTP.

The option is in the recordings and playback settings, composition of recording filenames.

baz2011uk
02-12-15, 01:53
Thanks Abu

judge
02-12-15, 02:02
This includes deleting things although they wont go to the trash if you do it by FTP.

Deleting on E2 works fine. If deleting by FTP, it might require an extra step, emptying a hidden trash folder.
IMO, one of the reasons some ViX users complain about USB sticks not working for a fresh flash.