PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] mp4 with srt file performance

varianjv
01-12-15, 21:45
Hi there
I have some movie files with associated .srt subtitle files.
When playing these files the performance is bad. I.e. starting the file or fast forwarding the file causes the blue spinning loading icon for maybe 20 or 30 seconds.
If i remove the subtitle file there is no issue
If i use something like ffmpeg to hardcode the subs into the file there is no issue.

Anyone come across this before
Any fix
I dont want to have to hardcode the subtitle file into every movie

varianjv
02-12-15, 21:11
Anyone at all?

ArowonA
02-12-15, 22:51
I've seen the same thing, any type of file with separate subs, the performance is awful, also same in XBMC and on the factory image, so I guess not a ViX issue? :)

varianjv
02-12-15, 22:53
I've seen the same thing, any type of file with separate subs, the performance is awful, also same in XBMC and on the factory image, so I guess not a ViX issue? :)

Do you know if this is better with later versions than 18?

IAmATeaf
02-12-15, 23:00
Have you tried using the number pad to navigate? This is what I do and with MKVs with external .SRT files I've never had any problems.

ArowonA
02-12-15, 23:01
I guess I can check it out for you! (You know ViX have some awesome image backup tools where you can restore your image)
You'll need to wait 5 minutes while I copy the files :)

varianjv
02-12-15, 23:02
Have you tried using the number pad to navigate? This is what I do and with MKVs with external .SRT files I've never had any problems.

Yeah
Tried this with the same issue.
I even have an issue if I stop the movie and go to play it again.
It will ask do you want to resume.
I select yes and it will take approx 30secs to start the movie in the correct position

What version are you running

varianjv
02-12-15, 23:06
I guess I can check it out for you! (You know ViX have some awesome image backup tools where you can restore your image)
You'll need to wait 5 minutes while I copy the files :)

Ha ha
My wife would kick my ass if i interrupted her tv viewing this evening with an update :-)
I was gonna try an update in a few days to see if I could fix (havent updated before so id need to figure that out first)

ArowonA
02-12-15, 23:12
When I first noticed the issue I had a Duo2 and now I'm on a Zero.. but it is definitely less responsive if you have a separate srt file, for example with subtitles on if I fast forward, I press stop and about 20 seconds later it will.. So no improvements in newer versions

varianjv
02-12-15, 23:15
When I first noticed the issue I had a Duo2 and now I'm on a Zero.. but it is definitely less responsive if you have a separate srt file, for example with subtitles on if I fast forward, I press stop and about 20 seconds later it will.. So no improvements in newer versions

I used ffmpeg to hardcode the subs to the file before playing and this works a treat
However they are then hardcoded to the file which isnt ideal and takes effort each time

Should I post it as a bug?

ArowonA
02-12-15, 23:17
Maybe, but as I said the issue happens with the VU factory image, so I guess it's not a ViX issue...
I've not tried with other make receivers...

varianjv
02-12-15, 23:19
Maybe, but as I said the issue happens with the VU factory image, so I guess it's not a ViX issue...
I've not tried with other make receivers...

If i could just manage to install vlc player or bs.player :)

IAmATeaf
02-12-15, 23:43
I play all my media from my NAS, most in mkv/h264 or avi/xvid format and never had any problems with playback on my solo2 and no problems on my et10000, diff box I know. Pity i no longer have a solo2 else i would have grabbed an mp4 and tested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

varianjv
03-12-15, 00:14
I play all my media from my NAS, most in mkv/h264 or avi/xvid format and never had any problems with playback on my solo2 and no problems on my et10000, diff box I know. Pity i no longer have a solo2 else i would have grabbed an mp4 and tested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah mkv with an embedded srt in the container seems to be ok
Anything external though is an issue