PDA

View Full Version : Lost local connection in network

cruachan
01-12-15, 19:50
Hi, wondered if anyone could help, my TM 2T OE has dropped its network connection, green lights on lan connection but test fails at "local" Apollo version, Build 1.25 .. all been fine up till today, nothing changed, checked lan cables, re booted router and box twice, ticks the box for lan adapter but x on local.
What I wondered was if there was a simple fix or should I run a factory reset. Could this be a hardware issue as the warranty runs out in a week or so.. I tend not to think this as the cable led's are green and the adapter test is ok.. Hope someone can help.. Thanks

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 19:54
HAs your receiver lost it's mac address and become all 0's?
Menu > Information >Network

cruachan
01-12-15, 19:59
In menu info network all i have is
bytes received 0
bytes sent 0

hostname tmtwin

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 20:12
Nothing at the top of the screen?

IP
Netmask
MAC

cruachan
01-12-15, 20:16
Nothing at all, when I go into Adapter settings primary ip is ok secondary is 0.0.0.0 netmask is N/A ip N/A Gateway N/A

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 20:22
I think you are looking in the wrong screen. If the receiver has lost it's MAC address, it wont be accpeted by the router. There is a fix for it, just need to confirm that this is what has happened.

cruachan
01-12-15, 20:28
sorry yes wrong screen, trying to remember how to get screenshot, when in menu> info> network there is nothing on screen other than
bytes received 0
bytes sent 0

hostname tmtwin

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 21:01
Try these, the MAC address will be ona lable on the bottom of your receiver

cruachan
01-12-15, 21:19
Abu I cant open the files, is there another way to sort problem, thanks

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 21:48
I beleive teh OPenATV image has a built in option to assign a MAC address. That would be a temporary fix.

If your receiver is out of warranty, contact Technomate. You will have to pay postage and whatever they charge you. Might be an idea to ask a "friend who is into computers"

cruachan
01-12-15, 22:21
Its strange that it just happened, machine is still under warranty so will call TM tomorrow, i will try and find the openatv image.. its so frustrating to have to post back just for this as its a software issue and not hardware failure, will try to flash first though i think

judge
01-12-15, 22:37
Check /etc/enigma2/ for a file named hwmac
If none there, create one & just add a MAC address.
Something like

1C:CA:F1:E1:DA:A8
should work.

cruachan
01-12-15, 23:21
Trying to find a way into files, without network access cant seem to find a way in..

Peterj
02-12-15, 14:55
Can you assign a static IP address , subnetmask and gateway to the box?
Perhaps this way you can access the box.

cruachan
04-12-15, 21:58
Thanks to all replies but gave up, spoke to TM that headed me in the right direction and it is now possible to re program the mac codes, however it requires a 9 pin 232 serial cable, I have one and got another both with serial to usb but are garbage cables that win 10 wont install drivers, probably because the cables are copies. Anyway TM have been so helpful and I have spent waay to much time I will send to them on Monday.
http://www.downloadtmsw.com/bbs/main.php
Scroll down to manuals
Open how to fix mac .. there are how to guides and everything necessary to do the job.. If you have the correct cables. Would like to add that when the manual says power off it means at the rear of the box

Thanks again guys

judge
12-12-15, 03:31
Can you assign a static IP address , subnetmask and gateway to the box?
Perhaps this way you can access the box.

Tried this tonight on 2 Solo2s.
One has a MAC address, the other doesn't.

On ViX (Solo2) you can trick a MAC address after a flash, on OpenPli, you can't.
The box that has a MAC address works perfectly fine on both images, the box with no MAC address works fine when you trick ViX to use a fake MAC address, can't be done on OpenPLI as it doesn't have a MAC address plugin by default.

Some routers also crap out when a box with no MAC address tries to connect.