PDA

View Full Version : Software Update- Not Woking

aura
01-12-15, 18:49
Hi , i have managed to get my box working very well , however when i try to update software via the internet it hangs and the router crashes everything has to be rebooted :mad:, is there a issue at the moment with this way of up dating with vix or is it me ? using V3.2 build 026 .
Thanks for any reply's

Sicilian
01-12-15, 18:52
Without crashlogs we have no clues. Build 3.2.026 is the latest at the moment.

What build did you update from? Or what build was the last you flashed?

aura
01-12-15, 19:01
well i have flashed a few times cos i made a few cockups , its always been the 3.2 but not sure about the other 02 only had the box a couple of weeks.

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 19:09
Menu > Information > About

If the build number is less than 23, you have to reinstall the image. You should not perform an update.

Thread here with video guide.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores

aura
01-12-15, 19:17
Hi, i am on 026 , perhaps i should do a re flash , and see what that does, thanks for the replays.

Pakmoto
01-12-15, 21:52
Aura, I'm also having the same issue you refer to, it happened to me once before on older builds, but then after a few updates it fixed it's self, I can't remember if I changed something, or something changed in the builds.

I would suggest trying to change your STB's connection type from DHCP to a static IP or vice versa, just incase you router is having a spaz, I'm going to try a few things this week when I get time, I'll let you know If I get any joy.

aura
02-12-15, 08:58
oh i forgot to mention that at some stage during the night it comes on ,in the morning it wont do anything until i reboot:confused: are there any timers that im missing ?

aura
02-12-15, 10:00
Up date ,just re flashed box ,i performed a online software update ,and it worked with no problems ,only time will tell if it has cured the weird coming out of standby on in the night saga

Sicilian
02-12-15, 18:30
only time will tell if it has cured the weird coming out of standby on in the night saga

Do you have autobouquetsmaker or crossepg set to download in the evening?

aura
03-12-15, 06:07
Hi folks, update ,its still coming on in the night and still crashing the internet in the process , i have reflashed again and turned off background software background update ,crossepg update ,and ABM update have been set to 7am so i will know if its them ,its starting to do my head in ,thanks for any replies

judge
03-12-15, 09:22
Any crashlog generated?
Still none in this thread...

aura
03-12-15, 18:50
Any crashlog generated?
Still none in this thread...

Sorry i should have looked before re flashing this morning ,at the moment its empty , will see how it behaves over night ,and report back with any thing in the morning.

Its easy to assume i know about logs and how to send them ,i didnt till now so will send when i get any .