PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] 3.2.026 and MKV playback problem on VU+ SOLO2

Spuds
01-12-15, 10:07
Just updated my VU+ SOLO2 receiver to 3.2.026 and I am having problems playing back a MKV file (stored on my NAS drive) that played back fine before the update. I am getting sound but no picture. The same file plays back fine on my LG Smart TV and my Western Digital TV Live box. Some MKV files do play back without problem and I cant see any differences in the encoding methods used. I also had a problem where it would not record to the internal hard drive on the VU+, reporting disk full I sorted this by pointing the Default Movie Location back to /media/hdd/movie (the same location as it was pointing to previously).

I hope someone can help

DaMacFunkin
01-12-15, 11:15
It's a minefield, I have solo4k and with latest g streamer I've got UHD mkv files that play on my TV only playing the sound and subtitles back on the set top box, I don't know how hard it can be VU+ need to stop fudging around and just do it.

Trial
01-12-15, 13:00
Hi Mac,
are this h265 mkv? Solo4k does not play 4K h264.

ciao

IAmATeaf
01-12-15, 14:11
May or may not be related but on my et10000 if I set the refresh rate within av settings to multi then some of my MKVs do the same, set it to 50hz and the picture appears.

Spuds
01-12-15, 14:56
Thanks for the tip. The VU_ Automatic Resolution was disabled, Mode 1080P, Refresh 50Hz. I tried changing the display and after a restart (not sure if it needed it) I still cant play certain MKV files, even though they played fine before and they do play on my other devices. It was worth a try.

May or may not be related but on my et10000 if I set the refresh rate within av settings to multi then some of my MKVs do the same, set it to 50hz and the picture appears.

twol
01-12-15, 15:06
It's a minefield, I have solo4k and with latest g streamer I've got UHD mkv files that play on my TV only playing the sound and subtitles back on the set top box, I don't know how hard it can be VU+ need to stop fudging around and just do it.

Just noticed they have updated some of the VU+ drivers on OE-A (including 4K) - don't know if that will help or not but in tonights build (ATV)
Yesterday included a lot of changes in ATV Enigma2 for Gstreamer 1.6.x support - so if not tried could be worth it.... at least tomorrow :)

[vuplus] update proxy drivers
- Improve vtuner

Spuds
02-12-15, 10:07
Installed 027 this morning and now the number of MKV files that do not play has increased. These are files that played perfect previously and still play ok on other devices. Some play with audio and no video. Others appear to play but the counter stays at 00:00 ?

Sicilian
02-12-15, 10:36
Installed 027 this morning and now the number of MKV files that do not play has increased. These are files that played perfect previously and still play ok on other devices. Some play with audio and no video. Others appear to play but the counter stays at 00:00 ?

Can you upload samples of these MKV files somewhere please? I've tested a number of mediafiles and all play fine.

When was the last time you flashed fresh? Which build number?

DaMacFunkin
02-12-15, 11:33
Hi Mac,
are this h265 mkv? Solo4k does not play 4K h264.

ciao

Bugger, that is a bit shocking, I'm sure a couple of them are H265, maybe I'm mistaken.
As a side note does anybody know of a good h264 to h265 recoding program?
Thanks.

Spuds
02-12-15, 20:43
Can you upload samples of these MKV files somewhere please? I've tested a number of mediafiles and all play fine.

When was the last time you flashed fresh? Which build number?

I did a fresh flash with 025 as recommended at the time. I will try splitting a clip out of one of the movies and upload it to some web space, hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for your interest in my problem Sicilian.

Spuds
03-12-15, 07:13

Sent you a PM with the location of the upload.