PDA

View Full Version : Lost Satelites

Tryharder
30-11-15, 17:55
I have a motorised setup and I get most available Sats. It has worked without to many problems for the last 15yrs. Now out of the blue 0.8w and 4.8e have stopped working ie. ( when I go on the Sats. the channels are all blanked out ) I am getting a signal and have checked the Tuner settings which remain unchanged and therefore there is no clear reason why they aren't on. Has anyone got an explanation for why they shouldn't be working....28.2e ..23.5e ..19e ..16e ..13e ..10e ..9e and 30w are all fine.

Thanks for any replies...

Rgds.Tryharder

abu baniaz
30-11-15, 18:29
(we discovered that the data on the satellites had 1w and 5e not 0.8w or 4.8e, changed to match it, and then changed back owing to a backlash)

Which image are you using?
Which channel list have you got?

Please see this thread for future posts:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

Tryharder
30-11-15, 18:37
Apologies I thought the info. was just required in the Vix section....

I have an ETx9000

Vix 3.2

build 025

I'm using Vhannibal motor settings D/L from Plugins

Any clues?

Rgds.Tryharder

abu baniaz
30-11-15, 18:46
Just downloaded them from the plugin>settings in image and those satellite are available. However I am on 026.

Download a satellites.xml from
http://satellites-xml.org/ and place it in /etc/enigma2

Tryharder
30-11-15, 18:48
Thanks for that I will give it a go..

Rgds.Tryharder

Tryharder
01-12-15, 13:06
I have updated to 026 and replaced the file as instructed and the 2 Sats. are still Black....Very Strange

Has anyone else got any ideas please.....

Rgds. Tryharder

timofee
01-12-15, 19:21
There are some ideas in this thread >>>>>>>>>>>>> world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49265-no-thour-8w

I suggest you look at all the satellites.xml files you have in your box and see if they say 1.0W instead of 0.8W. If they say 1.0W that is the cause of your problem.

Tryharder
03-12-15, 17:44
Ok Ive checked the other Thread and done everything suggested...Ive replaced the satellites.xml files in the Tuxbox folder and the Enigma2 folder...Iv'e loaded 2 different channel lists, rebooted the receiver a dozen times and still the 2 Sats. are dark. I have read the Satellites files after replacing the ones already on the box and they are definitely 0.8w and 4.8e not 1.0w and 5.0e

any more suggestions please...Thanks for your assistance so far..

Rgds.Tryharder

abu baniaz
03-12-15, 18:22
Why are you doing two things? And in what order are you doing it? one will replace the other

Upload your channel list here as an attachment please.
Also attach both satllites.xml clearly marked as to which location they came from.

Tryharder
03-12-15, 18:36
Why are you doing two things? And in what order are you doing it? one will replace the other

Upload your channel list here as an attachment please.
Also attach both satllites.xml clearly marked as to which location they came from.

Sorted..Ive just put a Channel List By Malimali on the box and all of a sudden the 2 Sats. are now back up and working......
Thanks for all your help...

Rgds.Tryharder

abu baniaz
03-12-15, 18:40
Out of curiosity, which channel list were you using?

Tryharder
07-12-15, 14:58
Sorry for the late response...I was Using Vhannibal Motor Settings..I then Tried CST SETTINGS E2...then I tried Ciefp-E2-Motor 68E-30w-IPTV.01.12-2015

Rgds. Tryharder