PDA

View Full Version : Support of single-LNB/satCR/unicable?

Danielorum
29-11-15, 17:53
Hello all.

Does anyone know if my reciever: TM Twin OE, supports this unicable solution?

Thanks for your time.

TK4|2|1
29-11-15, 19:17
Yes it does.

Stanman
29-11-15, 20:12
Are you sure? My understanding was only solo2 4k did

abu baniaz
29-11-15, 20:17
fbc tuners and unicable are two different things.

TK4|2|1
29-11-15, 20:37

My technomate is running of a unicable lab.

fbc tuners and unicable are two different things.

Your both confusing me now?
SCR and unicable are the same thing. What is fbc you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
29-11-15, 23:18
From what I understand:
An FBC tuner with a unicable LNB, same as having 4 tuners on same sat
An FBC tuner with a standard LNB, same as having 1 tuner with loopouts for that quadrant (high/low/h/v)

DaMacFunkin
30-11-15, 08:05

Whaaat a new box, I've only just got my solo 4k, damn technology moves too fast.
Lol.

2stein
30-11-15, 09:57
unicable support is done by firmware.
and vix images support unicable.
i'm using unicable on a duo2 with 4 scrs.

v8rick
30-11-15, 10:12
unicable support is done by firmware.
and vix images support unicable.
i'm using unicable on a duo2 with 4 scrs.

Hi i need a new lnb on one of my dishes which are you using i might have a play. iv'e seen set up in tuner config

2stein
30-11-15, 11:11
Hi i need a new lnb on one of my dishes which are you using i might have a play. iv'e seen set up in tuner config
i'm using this one:
Inverto IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP Unicable Quad-LNB, 40mm, 2 Legacy, 1 Splitter
it has 1 unicable feed for 4 scrs (tuners) and 2 universal feeds.

2stein
30-11-15, 11:13
i'm using this one:
Inverto IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP Unicable Quad-LNB, 40mm, 2 Legacy, 1 Splitter
it has 1 unicable feed for 4 scrs (tuners) and 2 universal feeds.
by the way... this lnb is not listed in the vix lnb setup list. but this is not a problem... i just used the inverto unicable lnb that's listed and it works as well.

maxben
30-11-15, 11:55
Must admit this issue is confusing me too.

I have a Solo 4K with the the following LNB config which to be honest was just copied from my Mutant.
Tuners I and J is the twin cable tuner which obviously needs no explanation.
This all works fine.

Tuner A
Single universal LNB for 28.2e

Tuner B
4 port DiSEqC switch
All LNBs are quad universals as I have other setup in my office which for the sake of simplicity can be ignored to avoid more confusion.

Port A universal @ 28.2e
Port B universal @ 13e
Port C motorised dish with universal through vbox
Port D universal @ 19.2e

If you look at the screenshots you will see that tuners C to H are not configured which is I believe is correct with the current LNB setup.

Can anyone explain a better setup either with the existing LNBs or different ones ?

I am by no means certain but my understanding so far is that tuner B with the DiSEqC is probably best left as it is ?

Tuner A would be better with a FBC LNB (if there is such a an LNB) or a unicable LNB ? therefore the currently inactive tuners will become active ?

If the unicable LNB is best for tuner A then I have seen that 'GT-SAT Uni-a cable Unicable One LNB, LNC GT-S3SCR4' is available which has I unicable port which I would use for tuner A on the Solo 4K and 3 legacy(universal) ports for my other requirements.

Confused yet ? :)

2stein
30-11-15, 12:00
afaik, this is the best you can do with the lnbs you got. however, you "waste" 6 internal fbc tuners.
the max you can get with a unicable lnb is 4 scrs (virtual tuners).
so a better solution would be a unicable switch for 8 scrs.
p.s. there are no "fbc lnbs".

maxben
30-11-15, 12:29
afaik, this is the best you can do with the lnbs you got. however, you "waste" 6 internal fbc tuners.
the max you can get with a unicable lnb is 4 scrs (virtual tuners).
so a better solution would be a unicable switch for 8 scrs.
p.s. there are no "fbc lnbs".

Thanks 2stein

So will there never FBC LNBs or just not yet ? I did think that the new Sky UK Q receivers that have FBC tuners would use matching LNB although I could be wrong on this too :)

So are you suggesting a unicable LNB would be better on my 4K port A ? if so how does the unicable switch fit in with this ?

A question I forgot to ask is

Can a unicable LNB be configured to be used as a standard universal LNB ?

Thanks for your time.

2stein
30-11-15, 13:00
So will there never FBC LNBs or just not yet ? I did think that the new Sky UK Q receivers that have FBC tuners would use matching LNB although I could be wrong on this too :)
that i don't know.

So are you suggesting a unicable LNB would be better on my 4K port A ? if so how does the unicable switch fit in with this ?

yes, with a unicable-lnb you could use 4 "internal tuners" instead of just one.
for a switch solution you would connect your quad-lnb (quattro would do as well) to a unicable-switch that would then provide the unicable feed (for 8 virtual tuners) and universal feeds.

A question I forgot to ask is

Can a unicable LNB be configured to be used as a standard universal LNB ?

Thanks for your time.
no... you can just use one (of the 4) scrs.. which gives you similar function as a universal lnb, but you still have to configure it as unicable-lnb.

Danielorum
01-12-15, 14:36
Thank you all for your replies. So now i know that my TM supports this unicable lnb. Right now, i have a quad lnb, with 2 cables, where 1 goes to each tuner. But when i record 2 shows at once, i can only watch recordings. Will the unicable solution resolve this problem, or is this a limitation of my TM stb?

I also also tried with an external tuner, with a cable from the quad. But i can only use this, and and 1 of my internal tuners, at the same time. Or my 2 internal tuners, and not the external... what gives???

Please speak to me, as if im a complete newbie to all of this, satellite lingo :)

Thanks again!!

2stein
01-12-15, 14:43
no, unicable will not make a difference if you have 2 cables connected with the 2 tuners.
it would make a twin receiver with just one cable attached a real twin receiver... but you have 2 cables, so no improvement.

to eliminate your bottleneck you need more tuners... maybe a quad box.
and then unicable comes into play again.

p.s. don't understand why the 3rd external tuner doesn't cooperate with the 2 internal ones.

Danielorum
01-12-15, 17:07
Right, that makes alot of sense.. Thanks for your reply.. perhaps i need to try with a different tuner. The one im using is a: Mystique SaTiX-S2 tuner.

bentleyboys
22-01-16, 18:24
Hi, Sorry to jump in but really struggling to understand this. i have solo 4k Unicable lnb connected via splitter to A and B inputs.Latest Vix loaded I have set scr different on both A and B is this correct or should they be the same scr number?

At the moment I have 4 tuners in total across the 2 inputs

Just for info I also have a spare legacy cable free which i could add to a or b if it would give more tuners available? my wife records a LOT!

I keep reading 8 scrs are possible with uni and solo4K but cannot get this any which way I try

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Huevos
22-01-16, 18:36
If you have a Unicable LNB you will need to configure all tuners, not just first 2.

bentleyboys
23-01-16, 14:19
Hi Huevos Do i set the channel scr the same on all 8? I have set a different scr on A, B, C, D at present and nothing on EFGH

Thanks for the help in advance

bentleyboys
23-01-16, 14:35
Thanks Huevos I have set ABCD tuners as unicable and set them on separate scr channels 1-4 is this correct or should they be on the same on e.g. scr 1?

On signal finder i get 100% on the 4 tuners set this way and can record 4 channels

Based on this can you then advise what the other 4 should be set to EFGH to give the full 8 available

Really appreciate the help as justified the box to give the wife multi channel recording :-)

2stein
24-01-16, 15:16
each tuner needs to have a different scr. so, how many you can set depends on whether you have an lnb with 4 scrs or a switch with 8.
if you have 8 you can set e-h to scr5 - scr8.
and you only need one cable connected to a.
p.s. just read that you have a unicable lnb, so you can only configure a-d... e-h will remain unusable.

Huevos
24-01-16, 16:16
Some Unicable LNBs have more than 4 scr's. What LNB is it?

Danielorum
29-01-16, 09:27
I Will be moving into my newly purchased home in a couple of months. I will then try to set up the unicable lnb and dish, and report back how it works. Thanks for all your support guys!

zino
04-02-16, 07:35
From what I understand:
An FBC tuner with a unicable LNB, same as having 4 tuners on same sat
An FBC tuner with a standard LNB, same as having 1 tuner with loopouts for that quadrant (high/low/h/v)

Unicable can supply upto 8 tuners
FBC can virtually tune 4

If I had a Unicable LNB, and say Solo 4k with 2 x FBC tuners... Do I need 1 feed (wire) from the dish - split the feed using a splitter,feed into the 2 FBC tuners...
or
2 independant unicable feeds needed frm the dish - no splitting?

To summarise my question:
Solo 4K says the 2 x FBC allows upto 8 channels to be recorded at the same time
Do need a single feed from a Unicable LNB, which is then split inside the house next to the Solo 4K
or
The Unicable LNB needs to have 2 separate Unicable feeds to the Solo 4K?

bentleyboys
05-02-16, 13:51
Hi I have just picked up whilst in Germany and new Unicable 2 32 channel lnb connected it to my solo 4 but am struggling in adding the extra tuners.

lnb is SP-IDLU 32UL40 UNMOO-OPP

on the config I have selected

unicable user defined
SatCR1
Freq 1496 Ch 16 on paperwork with lnb
LOF/L 09750 (was on this not changed by me)
LOF/H 10600 (again unchnged)
Threshold 11700 (unchanged)
connected no
DiSEqC None

Only on 28.2 BTW

When I go to signal finder it shows no signal

If I select old unicable LNB it has signal but only 4 SCRs available need the 8

Very confused

Any help appreciated

2stein
05-02-16, 14:19
there is a file unicable.xml that specifies the scr frequencies for the lnbs.

<manufacturer name="Inverto">
<product name="IDLP-40UNIQD+S" scr1="1680" scr2="1420" scr3="2040" scr4="1210"/>
<product name="IDLB-QUDL-UNI2L-OPP" scr1="1210" scr2="1420" scr3="1680" scr4="2040"/>
+ <product name="IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP" scr1="1210" scr2="1420" scr3="1680" scr4="2040"/>
</manufacturer>
i recently added the last one.
so, just copy the line, change the name and add scr5 to scr8 accordingly.
that should be it.

CH1 1210MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH2 1420MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH3 1680MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH4 2040MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH5 984MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH6 1020MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH7 1056MHz (EN50494+EN50607)
CH8 1092MHz (EN50494+EN50607)

Huevos
05-02-16, 14:24
Use channels 1-8.

2stein
05-02-16, 14:24
Unicable can supply upto 8 tuners
FBC can virtually tune 4

If I had a Unicable LNB, and say Solo 4k with 2 x FBC tuners... Do I need 1 feed (wire) from the dish - split the feed using a splitter,feed into the 2 FBC tuners...
or
2 independant unicable feeds needed frm the dish - no splitting?

To summarise my question:
Solo 4K says the 2 x FBC allows upto 8 channels to be recorded at the same time
Do need a single feed from a Unicable LNB, which is then split inside the house next to the Solo 4K
or
The Unicable LNB needs to have 2 separate Unicable feeds to the Solo 4K?
you only need one cable connected to tuner a. all other tuners will be configured to connect internally.

bentleyboys
05-02-16, 14:32
Thanks Guys wheres the file located so i can amend it to suit?

Thanks again

2stein
05-02-16, 15:20
if knew it by heart i would have given it right away... but... it's something like /usr/share/enigma2/... or /etc/enigma2/... or something else :p

bentleyboys
05-02-16, 17:09
Thanks2Stein

I will have a look for it :-)

Thanks again

bentleyboys
05-02-16, 22:53
It was the first option

Copied it off box added extra scrs as directed still only getting 4 tuners available had a thought maybe need to set tuner A = Tuner B or set to loop through could this be the issue?

Can see 8 in list now and can se;ect them but only A to D works

Thanks again

zino
06-02-16, 05:06
you only need one cable connected to tuner a. all other tuners will be configured to connect internally.

So, when using Solo 4K FBC Tuners with Unicable LNB, only Tuner A is plugged into the Unicable LNB, nothing is plugged into Tuner B?
Seems odd.

bentleyboys
06-02-16, 16:50
yes unicable in lnb1 nothing in lnb2
just set each tuner to a sequential scr number and matched frequency

get signal on tuner A, on b get 100% signal for 2 seconds then nothing, same on others too?

If i set one of the other 4 scr unicable lnbs i get 4 tuners ok but obviously not 8