PDA

View Full Version : up/down buttons recording/live tv and program listing

hhhh
29-11-15, 15:47
Running the latest vix.

When I'm watching live tv, the up/down buttons next to the ok button will show the program listing.

When I'm watching recorded program, the same button will display the recorded programs list.

Would it be possible to change the button assignment so that program listing would also show when watching a recorded programme?

I tried changing the button assignments, but it did not have any effect.

Thanks!

hhhh
29-11-15, 18:15
Sorry, this should be on a vu+ duo2 section.

hhhh
01-12-15, 16:55
I Posted this to a duo talk, but I thought that because everybody is not necessarily reading it, so this is a kind of feature request, if you will.

When I'm watching live tv, the up/down buttons next to the ok button will show the program listing.

When I'm watching recorded program, the same button will display the recorded programs list.

Would it be possible to change the button assignment so that program listing would also show when watching a recorded programme?

Thanks!

tappari
01-12-15, 18:06
I Posted this to a duo talk, but I thought that because everybody is not necessarily reading it, so this is a kind of feature request, if you will.

Thanks!
You received the answer to this question in Finnish site Huoltovalikko.

hhhh
01-12-15, 19:12
Yes, I did. It can't be done.

So I thought this would go as a feature request. I tried to edit the subject, but I can't.

If this is a wrong section for feature requests, please move accordingly.

Thanks!

abu baniaz
01-12-15, 19:21
While you are in media playback, those buttons will be used for media functions, for me they are rewind/ffwd as a default. Your request is unlikley to be fulfilled.

The Inforbar EPG opens up on the current active service. If you want to navigate EPG while playing back a recording, you can do so using the EPG button.

hhhh
02-12-15, 10:34
Thank you for you reply.

As I'm still a newbie, try to bare with me.
The left/right buttons work as a rewind/ffwd as they should. But I still maintain that the up/down should maintain the original function, ie. showing the programme listing.
If you you need to use the recorded programmes listing, there is the dedicated button for that.

When you press a button you'll get the function you need, without needing to think if you are on playback or live-tv, but it's just me...

A customizable setting maybe?

birdman
02-12-15, 12:09
But I still maintain that the up/down should maintain the original function, ie. showing the programme listing. Except that you are in a different mode here, so different functionality might be expected. The "Pause" button does different things when in viewing and playback mode too.
Although....

If you you need to use the recorded programmes listing, there is the dedicated button for that....that part is a good point. It would make more sense to let the "Movie" button actually work (rather than be disabled) when in playback mode.

hhhh
02-12-15, 14:24
This could again be a rookie mistake, but the play/pause button works principally the same. In live-tv it starts/stops the timeshift and pauses the picture. In playback mode it pauses the playback.

Just checked the vu+ duo2 manual, that we are both talking about the same button. In manual it's called recording list -button. And it does work during playback showing the recorded programmes list. So the up/down buttons could be made to show the current programme listing as during live tv, without loosing functionality and causing confusion. :p

judge
02-12-15, 15:13
So the up/down buttons could be made to show the current programme listing as during live tv, without loosing functionality and causing confusion. :p

Why would you want this when in file play mode?
As already mentioned, you can use your EPG button.

hhhh
02-12-15, 15:59
judge:

The epg button opens the epg, I would like to open the programs listing. Accessed via up/down buttons when watching live-tv.
This one: (old screensot from google images)
http://i.imgur.com/Nu7GU.jpg