PDA

View Full Version : How to Flash ET-9000 Firmware using USB Pen Drive

silverfox0786
25-12-10, 02:01
Clarke Tech ET-9000 Flashing Image using USB Pen Drive.

1. Unzip compressed file.
2. Copy the "ET9000" folder to a USB Pen Drive.
3. Power off receiver with the mains switch on the rear.
4. Connect USB Pen Drive.
5. Power on receiver with the mains switch on the rear.
6. Press the OK Button on the front panel (behind the front flap).

Update in progress.

The receiver will reboot automatically after update.

Remove pen drive

nor50
13-01-11, 21:28
I have downloaded the BlackHole, extracted the file to a pen, turned the switch on the back off, mounted the pen, turned on, pressed OK under the frontflip, but still I got the PLI-image...

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 21:31
openblackhole is based on pli so i am guessing that is right

nor50
13-01-11, 21:36
So how can I see if it's upgraded then...?

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 21:38
i think as i not got ct 9000 but should be same go to menu then setting then about or some thing along those lines

nor50
14-01-11, 12:14
As I said, I'm not able to upgrade using this guide. I turn off the power on the back-panel. I mount the USB-pen. I turn on the rear switch, I have tried to just push the OK for 1/10 sec and 100 seconds. There are some few flashes in the pen, and READY lights up the display. Maybe I have to try to format the pen again...?

Sicilian
14-01-11, 12:21
Extract the flash files as listed in the guide above. Only press OK button when your prompted on the front screen.

nor50
14-01-11, 13:39
New format of the pen did it... But now I have another problem... When trying to install softcam for my CD-card, Extensions managment just says "please wait"... Has been so for several minutes. Only red/close available.

wte
14-01-11, 19:58
openblackhole is based on pli so i am guessing that is right

Openblackhole is based on opendreambox and not openpli.

stanley1
11-03-11, 13:11
I have formatted usb stick (kingston data traveller) to fat32 and placed et9000 folder in root along with files but when i switch on/off the upgrade does not happen, the box just boots up as normal, am I missing something.

stanley1
11-03-11, 14:01
ok, reformatted, everything fine now.

zerma
19-09-12, 11:55
Ok my love story with the ET-9000 is starting by the very wrong way...
I have formatted 2 different usb, 2 times each, i did drag the latest bootloader (Et9000 file with the "image version" and "cfe.bin" inside).
I have turned off the main switch, inserted usb, turned on the main switch, and then nothing happen! It does turn on like usual and display the channel...
It is very very bothering! i don't know what I do wrong!

PS: I am a mac user but I format in fat32 and the usb is detected in the menu.
PS: 2 ...i have tried 10 times...formatted 3-4 times...tried all usb port...i'm desperate...Can't i do it through internet or something instead of usb?

zerma
19-09-12, 12:51
Well well, might have understood...I am suppose to call the folder ET9000 or ET9x00? Cause when I turn on the receiver it is written 9x00 on the front screen!
Can someone please direct me toward the latest bootloader I can put, and a good image (it seems that VIX and PLI are the best ones?)

twol
19-09-12, 14:28
Well well, might have understood...I am suppose to call the folder ET9000 or ET9x00? Cause when I turn on the receiver it is written 9x00 on the front screen!
Can someone please direct me toward the latest bootloader I can put, and a good image (it seems that VIX and PLI are the best ones?)

ET9x00 ... stick the USB stick in the front of the receiver and use the receiver buttons to start the flash and image load NOT the remote.
If you go to Vix support centre dropdown and then OpenVix downloads, you will find the latest bootloaders for each box...also the latest VIX image for your box.
I have tried several images and VIX has been the simplest and easiest for me to install and get support .... unless you speak German where there are some other WEB sites for ET9000.

zerma
19-09-12, 16:04
I manage to put the latest vix, the 3.xxx but I got problems now to install mgcamd and Mcas...i will open a new subject.
Thanks twol!

gazzag67
22-10-12, 14:35
Hi, I have installed latest boot loader and tried flashing latest VIX image. Receiver recognises image and flashes correctly, however when it proceeds to boot, I get a 'booting....' display as expected but it does not seem to get past this point! I have left it on this screen for at least an hour and still nothing but the new enigma VIX image on the tv screen.

Any help?

P.S It will only boot image when titled et9000 not et 9x00. Is this showing that it has not installed the latest boot loader correctly? I assumed that the new boot loader would only boot et9x00 titled image from USB root

Gary

Stanman
22-10-12, 18:40
Look like bootloader has not loded if you can only load ET9000 images and not ET9x00.