PDA

View Full Version : New guy in need of a little assistance

PezTheMan
28-11-15, 01:35
Good evening/morning everyone.

Apologies in advance as I have absolutely no doubt that the forum gets inundated with newbs asking the same old question -- But i'm looking for a recommendation for a box. Before rolling your eyes and walking out the door... I'll be more specific.

I'm new to the whole Sat receivers and "gifts" malarky. Used an android box for some time now but sat receivers was mentioned to me by a friend when my streams kept buffering. So I ordered myself an Openbox V8S... Set it up with a "gift" and one of the many channel lists out there and everything working as it should. You'd think i'm now happy right?! Wrong!

What a complete load of tripe this box is... It's so "clunky" and slow its unbelievable. The remote stinks and isn't very responsive and it just feels like an original freeview set top box from the early 2000's. What a piece of junk. So having had it for about 8 hour and having it plugged in for about 2, it's now boxed back up and getting sold on ebay or to some other unsuspecting newb like myself.

I've always been a technophobe and love new technology. So i'm looking for a box that is pretty fluid in it's operation. Something that I can record to whilst watching another channel, and preferably something that is as user friendly as a Sky box. The latter is mainly so my other half can adapt and use it so I can scrap my ridiculously priced subscription.

I'm not scared of a little jiggery pokery to get things set up. But looking for something that has a pretty decent support section/user base so ideas and solutions are easily attainable if I run into a little trouble.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any replies.

Scott.

abu baniaz
28-11-15, 02:08
Welcome to the forum.

We don't do gift talk here.

Stanman
28-11-15, 16:49
If you want a trouble free box as close to sly, then look no further then solo2 with a openvix on it.

You can also consider the xt8500

Andy_Hazza
28-11-15, 16:52
Vu+ Solo2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
28-11-15, 17:26
defo solo2. had mine for over two years know and its been great

luggs1260
28-11-15, 18:40
Hi I had an openbox V8s , but I didn't go a lot on it and changed to a VU + Zero found it to be a lot quicker to access etc the menus look a lot better and also it has got a Vix image on it . By the way I am not an expert on these thing but like the VU zero + box . It is supposed to be a entry level sat box I am told I think it is the cheapest of the VU range . I use it as a secondary box upstairs in my house and find it very effective .