PDA

View Full Version : Picons not downloading from feeds

Busterroo
27-11-15, 19:18
Hi,
Is anyone else having the same problem as me? I cant get picons to download from the feeds, I just get a screen that says execution progress and nothing happens.

abu baniaz
27-11-15, 20:04
Which picons please?

Busterroo
27-11-15, 20:42
Which picons please?

I have tried a few but all with same end result..... dirtysnp 100x60 blue-black, srp 100x60 blue-black, srp 100x60 white-black etc

abu baniaz
27-11-15, 20:48
I am presuming you have installed Ocram's picon feeds.

Manually download the picon installers from
https://picons.xyz/ and then install.

Busterroo
27-11-15, 22:04
I am presuming you have installed Ocram's picon feeds.

Manually download the picon installers from
https://picons.xyz/ and then install.

yea, done that mate and still no luck. I gave up in the end and just stuck em up the old way. cheers

jimmyjoe
11-12-15, 19:11
What is the purpose of the picon.xyz. does it then keep whatever pack you download up to date?

abu baniaz
11-12-15, 19:24
What is the purpose of the picon.xyz. does it then keep whatever pack you download up to date?
That is where the picons by ocram are saved/hosted.

jimmyjoe
11-12-15, 20:19
That is where the picons by ocram are saved/hosted.
So we no longer download the picons?

abu baniaz
11-12-15, 21:13
Almost all plugins (including picons) are on the same download server as the image. This is not the case for Ocram's picons. Ocram's picons are hosted/saved on picons.xyz

With regards to Ocram's picon sets:

Option 1:
Download the picons.ipk to your PC. Transfer to /tmp and then install.
Result: This is a standalone installation. You can only install on internal flash memory. They will not be updated.

Option 2:
Download the picon feeds installer to PC. Transfer to /tmp and then install. No picons have been installed yet. You can now install Ocram's picons from plugin menu.
Result: You can pick location where to install them (only applies to linux file sytems). Whenever the picons are updated on Ocram's server (picons.xyz), you will get an update notification. You will not see what is available for update. You can choose to perform an update and the picon sets will be updated.

jimmyjoe
13-12-15, 15:06
Almost all plugins (including picons) are on the same download server as the image. This is not the case for Ocram's picons. Ocram's picons are hosted/saved on picons.xyz

With regards to Ocram's picon sets:

Option 1:
Download the picons.ipk to your PC. Transfer to /tmp and then install.
Result: This is a standalone installation. You can only install on internal flash memory. They will not be updated.

Option 2:
Download the picon feeds installer to PC. Transfer to /tmp and then install. No picons have been installed yet. You can now install Ocram's picons from plugin menu.
Result: You can pick location where to install them (only applies to linux file sytems). Whenever the picons are updated on Ocram's server (picons.xyz), you will get an update notification. You will not see what is available for update. You can choose to perform an update and the picon sets will be updated.

Perfect thank you for the detailed explanation!!