PDA

View Full Version : Tune timeout

pazza07
26-11-15, 14:55
Hi, I have the quad plus with 2x sat and 2x c/t tuners, the problem I've had is when I come to update the image, both openvix and openatv, my dvb-c/t tuner fails, saying tune failed, if I run ABM I get tuner timeout, the sat tuners are fine. To get the tuners working again I need to reflash to a previous build of the image and then the tuners are fine. Anyone had a similar problem??

DaMacFunkin
26-11-15, 15:05
Check that your net id has been restored correctly in ABM and tuner settings.

pazza07
26-11-15, 15:15
Check that your net id has been restored correctly in ABM and tuner settings.

Checked that, the tuner configuration and ABM are exactly the same.

tiggerbiker
26-11-15, 15:27
i have the exact same issue with my set up (tuner d on mine is a dvb-c/t2, and that seems to be unaffected, tuner c is a dvb-c/t and that is the problem one)
i have to use vix version 3.15 for both tuners to work - im thinking its maybe a driver issue for the dvb-c/t tuner

pazza07
26-11-15, 15:30
i have the exact same issue with my set up (tuner d on mine is a dvb-c/t2, and that seems to be unaffected, tuner c is a dvb-c/t and that is the problem one)
i have to use vix version 3.15 for both tuners to work - im thinking its maybe a driver issue for the dvb-c/t tuner

So you think the drivers have updated in VIX and ATV in the new images which is causing this problem? Have you had yours working with a latest image??

tiggerbiker
26-11-15, 15:36
mine will only work with later vix images on the dvb-c/t2 tuner card, the dvb-c/t card doesnt show any signal when on later versions than .15

im not sure exactly what the issue is but my feeling is that it might be driver related.

my GBquad in my bedroom has the later dvb-c/t2 card installed and that works fine on the latest vix (with the exact same settings, plugins, skin, etc)

pazza07
26-11-15, 15:42
mine will only work with later vix images on the dvb-c/t2 tuner card, the dvb-c/t card doesnt show any signal when on later versions than .15

im not sure exactly what the issue is but my feeling is that it might be driver related.

my GBquad in my bedroom has the later dvb-c/t2 card installed and that works fine on the latest vix (with the exact same settings, plugins, skin, etc)

Ok cheers, looks like I'll have to stay with the image I've got working until possibly the come up with a driver fix.

tiggerbiker
26-11-15, 20:26
just got home and checked my tuners - i got them the wrong way round, my 'c' tuner is dvb-c/t2 and 'd' is dvb-c/t
everything else that i said is true though :)

tiggerbiker
29-11-15, 17:20
just for an experiment i swapped the tuners around in my boxes.
i took my fully working GBquad in my bedroom which has a dvb-c/t tuner and is on latest version vix, swapped the tuner with a dvb-c/t2 tuner from my GBquad+ (which works fine on 3 2 015) hey presto, 'tune failed' switch off, put original dvb-c/t tuner back in and all working again. put dvb-c/t2 tuner back in GBquad+ (running 3 2 015) and it works fine

pazza07
03-12-15, 13:29
So what your saying is that it's the tuner that's the problem and not the drivers?

tiggerbiker
03-12-15, 14:28
no, the driver for the tuner

pazza07
03-12-15, 15:05
no, the driver for the tuner

Can I install the driver then, if so where do I get it from? Can I take the driver from an old image and write it to the latest image?

omosquito
16-12-15, 17:21
GigaQuadPlus works with images 4.1 all perfect, .... install any images 4.2 or 5.0 or 5.1 does not work Music, Video, Timeshift, which can be ?

tiggerbiker
22-03-16, 22:33
new vix 4.0 installed and it looks like the driver issue is sorted :)

amspa
24-03-16, 10:18
new vix 4.0 installed and it looks like the driver issue is sorted :)

That's good to hear. Are you running the latest bootloader (20151104)?

tiggerbiker
24-03-16, 18:25
i assume so

tiggerbiker
21-09-16, 16:40
digging this thread up again!

all of a sudden (as of a few days ago) i noticed that one of my cable tuners wasnt working, nor was one of the tuners in my other box.
when i checked the tuners, both non-working tuners were the newer type - both older ones worked perfectly.

i put both newer ones (SI4768) in 'bedroom' box and flashed it with vix 3.2.0.15 - both tuners work fine, flash with anything newer and they fail to pick up any signal.

i put both older tuners (SP8221L) in my 'lounge' box, flashed with latest release of vix and everything works perfectly.

can anyone shed any light as to what has changed after vix 3.2.0.15 to cause the newer (and only available) tuners to not work properly?

trevsat
15-10-16, 22:01
Plugins for 3.2 have vanished so now quadplus setup on vix is precarious