PDA

View Full Version : Ading a dvb-t tuner = RF-Modulation?????

Ford1
23-11-15, 20:06
Can some please clarify for me, the optional dvb-t2 tuner that is available for the et series DOES NOT act as a rf modulator?

Reason I ask, I am currently looking for a box for my parents, and as I did, they have the house pre wired with coax cable, now I know this is a fairly old idea, and many now use a slave reciver/cat5 hdmi extenders. but for ease of use and installation, only one box is required.

I am pushing them to get a extend et8000, over the et9000, as that is what I was advised, and so far so good, however my farther has seen the technomate tm-twin oe, that has a built in rf modulator, but ive tried to explain that this box will be older, and most probably slower?

Anyway back to the question, Can a dvb-t2 be used as a modulator, or does he need to use a separate RF-Modulator as I have.

DaMacFunkin
23-11-15, 20:08
It does not work as a modulator, I have never seen an E2 box with one, a lot of the Technomate non Linux boxes have them built in though.

abu baniaz
23-11-15, 20:14
As far as I am aware, you wont get an RF modulator tuner. they just loop out/extend the incoming signal.

Standalone modulators are available. http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mercury-Universal-Scart-to-RF-Video-Modulator-ILS102?filter_name=rf%20modulator
Be prepared to be bombarded with rf signal is crap posts

I wouldn't buy the Twin, it is 5 years old (based on sister model) and not worth the outlay. The 3T combo/et8000 with modulator would be a better option IMO.

goosegog
23-11-15, 20:25
The tm twin has got an inbuilt RF modulator,i agree tho its a an older slower stb so i think you are better off getting a more up to date reciever using a seperate modulator.im sure world of sat sell a modulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford1
23-11-15, 20:47
cheers!! cleared that up for me, I knew I was right.

Yes I do use a separate rf modulator with my et8000 and it works flawlessly to feed a second tv in the bedroom.

this will have to be the setup I replicatre in my parents hame.

Thanks again.