PDA

View Full Version : some channels pixelating recently....

imish
22-11-15, 21:22
Hi all

Past few days some specific channels have been pixelating badly while others are working fine.

Sky 28.2

for the channels that are pixelating (Crime / ID / Star life OK) I have noticed that their SNR is around 65-70% while for BBC HD it is around 95%. i've removed the f connectors and cleaned them before putting them back on - no difference.

just tried CBS - that is around 75% and working fine.

Has been working perfectly for over a year - just having issues for the past week.

any suggestions?

ronand
22-11-15, 22:15
Sounds like the dish has shifted slightly. Any storms / strong winds recently?

imish
22-11-15, 23:01
That would be a shame if the case as the dish is high up and I would need to get an installer to re-adjust.

Could it be anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt
22-11-15, 23:23
Could be that the LNB is failing. unfortunately both will require a ladder and someone to check the signal at the dish.

adm
22-11-15, 23:26
You are not getting your signals from one satellite but a cluster of satellites. If the dish has moved by a small amount you can get perfect signals from one satellite and marginal signals from another.

imish
18-12-15, 16:05
Update - LNB 2 is OK while as LNB 1 pixelates (certain channels) so that rules our dish alignment. Bought an inline signal amp and that seems to have fixed the pixelating issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imish
23-12-15, 02:18
Further update Guys

LNB 2 = Tuner A
LNB 1 = Tuner B

Tuner A alone - works fine
Tuner B alone - works fine

As soon as I record anything say on Tuner A - the pixelation on Tuner B returns.....Tuner A channel is fine.

I have now replicated this multiple times and its got me a bit :confused:

Any ideas?

abu baniaz
23-12-15, 02:42
Can you try your receiver at a friends house?

2stein
23-12-15, 09:37
i see that you have a dual lnb... so, it could still be an lnb problem as the 2 lnbs are not independent.

imish
26-12-15, 00:36
Can you try your receiver at a friends house?

good suggestion - will have to get that arranged.

imish
26-12-15, 00:37
i see that you have a dual lnb... so, it could still be an lnb problem as the 2 lnbs are not independent.

Not sure I follow - I have a 4 LNB Sat Dish with a Miracle Box with a dual Sat Tuner.

Are you suggesting that one port on the LNB on the dish might be faulty?

abu baniaz
26-12-15, 01:09
You can have one port faulty. However, you have tested one at a time. Some LNBs behave awkwardly when there is more than one tuner connected to them. This is why it was suggested to try at another location.

2stein
28-12-15, 10:13
Some LNBs behave awkwardly when there is more than one tuner connected to them.
this is what i meant as well.

mann
28-12-15, 11:44
Hi all

Past few days some specific channels have been pixelating badly while others are working fine.

Sky 28.2

for the channels that are pixelating (Crime / ID / Star life OK) I have noticed that their SNR is around 65-70% while for BBC HD it is around 95%. i've removed the f connectors and cleaned them before putting them back on - no difference.

just tried CBS - that is around 75% and working fine.

Has been working perfectly for over a year - just having issues for the past week.

any suggestions?

Check your box is not getting to hot..this will also cause what you are experiencing.

duoduo
30-12-15, 19:50
You need to change your lnb, I'm sure of that as I had the same issue. As soon as I changed it no issues whatsoever with the pixelating

imish
21-01-16, 00:42
Check your box is not getting to hot..this will also cause what you are experiencing.

how do I do that - the box doesnt seem to have a temp reading anywhere.

on touch it is warm / not hot.