PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo Recording Question

forrest1066
24-12-10, 21:32
Just wondering what the playback on the VU Duo is like. I currently own a TM800HD and the playback of anything is so problematic and is terrible it doesnt fast forward and rewind properly and if you pause and play to quickly the box just crashes. Also is the box capable of doing the BBC red button interactive thing?? any info would be appreciated

Jaxter
24-12-10, 21:43
Playback is excellent on the vu duo m8 only had mine a couple weeks but been recording and playing back content no probs from a terabyte internal sata hard drive.
A very fast forward and rewind that works well and resume playback from last played point as well.

forrest1066
24-12-10, 21:51
thanks for that info, i am purchasing one after xmas when i get rid of my TM800HD its a box with so much potential but i think it going to be a while before its as stable and reliable as the VU Duo.

Sicilian
25-12-10, 09:42
Both the Duo and the Solo are great for recordings playback. No un-official receivers is capapble of the BBC red button interactive thing.

Please keep in mind our sponsor for your Duo purchase ;)

t.ph
25-12-10, 12:59
But all receivers are capapble of viewing the BBC interactive channels

Sicilian
27-12-10, 08:07
But all receivers are capapble of viewing the BBC interactive channels

Yes good point, should have mentioned that. There normally BBCi bouquets in most Enigma2 settings packs.

Huevos
27-12-10, 11:59
Rewind used to be glitchy but VIX 1.3 appears to have sorted that out.

forrest1066
27-12-10, 21:34
Thanks for that everyone. Gone and spent some hard earned cash on a spanking new vu+ duo and got rid of the tm800hd. Can't wait and might make the wife stop complaining at me, with the way the playback was on the technomate