PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] 4 Tuner Unicable

2stein
22-11-15, 13:12
has somebody a unicable lnb config like this working with duo2?

unicable lnb, 4 tuners, 4 scrs (one for each tuner)

any problems? can you recommend such a config

2stein
27-11-15, 14:54
just wanted to report back: in the meantime i installed an inverto unicable lnb and it works like a charm.

Huevos
27-11-15, 18:34
Which unicable lnb. Part number please.

DaMacFunkin
27-11-15, 18:36
Just to ask have you needed to replace your cabling?
Does the unicable lnb work also with normal tuners?
Thanks.

Huevos
28-11-15, 03:38
No you don't need to change cable.

Yes, unicable does work on boxes with standard tuners, but only in the conventional sense.

DaMacFunkin
28-11-15, 07:04
Well i have been reading into it and it is a bit more complex than that it would seem, from what i can gather older stb's would need to connect to a legacy port, the most legacy ports i have seen on a unicable lnb is 2 so that is a no no from the start, i would need a minimum of 4, may be even 5.

TK4|2|1
28-11-15, 07:11
Well i have been reading into it and it is a bit more complex than that it would seem, from what i can gather older stb's would need to connect to a legacy port, the most legacy ports i have seen on a unicable lnb is 2 so that is a no no from the start, i would need a minimum of 4, may be even 5.

What boxes have you got that won't work on unicable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
28-11-15, 09:11
I'm presuming my 2 TV's wont work on Unicable lnb port and also my USB tuners and maybe my Solo2, or am i reading too much into this legacy stuff?

Huevos
28-11-15, 13:04
You need to check your tv manuals.

Legacy port is confusing terminology. It just means Universal.

If it is for supplying Solo4k and other equipment the ideal solution would be a quattro lnb, 8 channel Unicable switch cascaded to a Universal multiswitch.

2stein
28-11-15, 21:44
Which unicable lnb. Part number please.
i bought this inverto lnb: IDLB-QUDL42-UNI1L-1PP
it has 2 regular feeds in addition to the unicable one.

2stein
28-11-15, 21:46
Just to ask have you needed to replace your cabling?
Does the unicable lnb work also with normal tuners?
Thanks.
no, no new cables. the frequency spectrum actually is not bigger than with a regular lnb.
i use it with regular duo2 tuners.

2stein
28-11-15, 21:50
I'm presuming my 2 TV's wont work on Unicable lnb port and also my USB tuners and maybe my Solo2, or am i reading too much into this legacy stuff?
it's not so much the tuners... it's the firmware that needs to support the unicable standard (which is sort of diseqc).
tvs, i don't know... but the builtin solo2 tuners should work.

DaMacFunkin
28-11-15, 21:51
What I'm trying to say is I need 7 feeds of my sky dish, I really couldn't swap my octo out for a unicable lnb without adding extra switches and stuff, so...

2stein
28-11-15, 21:56
What I'm trying to say is I need 7 feeds of my sky dish, I really couldn't swap my octo out for a unicable lnb without adding extra switches and stuff, so...
yes... i agree.

bentleyboys
05-02-16, 13:59
New Unicable LNB out supports 32 SCRs on one cable

Inverto SP-IDLU-32UL40-UNMOO-OPP

Snappy name for it :confused:

Picked one up whilst in Germany last week just fitted it but having issues configuring SCRs to run all 8 tuners on Solo4K at moment