PDA

View Full Version : et8000 showing recording on front pannel

Ford1
22-11-15, 02:09
My xtrend et800 has suddenly started showing recording on the front panel, there are no scheduled recordings.

About the same time my cross epg stopped working (apparently) does it show as recording when trying to update the epg?

I have just updated my vix image through the box interface, running blue hd skin, and use autobouquetmaker and crossepg to populate.

any ideas??

judge
22-11-15, 02:17
Open ports forwarded from your router to the box for remote streaming?

Ford1
22-11-15, 02:34
just restarted the box, and it informed me anyone can see my device, strange it never did before? have stopped forwarding the default ports, (schoolboy error) and everything is fine again, how can I securely stream to my own phone outside my home network? just use a spurious port?

judge
22-11-15, 03:04
just restarted the box, and it informed me anyone can see my device, strange it never did before?

What warned you & how?
If you want to stream externally, you should really look at VPN or SSH solutions.

Ford1
22-11-15, 04:01
A warning message appeared on screen stating that anyone can see my box, and I should stop forwarding ports.

judge
22-11-15, 10:13
A warning message appeared on screen stating that anyone can see my box, and I should stop forwarding ports.
Whoever it was was still connected at the time so.
Using telnet, you can use the netstat command to see who it is.
Best to fix at your router though.
Whoever it was potentially had access to all devices on your network.

pembo
22-11-15, 10:27
sounds like an ethical hacker for a nice change!
Please people - take note, don't forward your ports over the router, use SSH/Certificates or a VPN otherwise every machine on your network may be compromised including all your personal and private data.

Ford1
22-11-15, 12:12
I quickly stopped forwarding ports when I realised what was happening.

But what what is the best way to set up remote watching over the web, I do use a program called dreamdroid quite a bit to stream tv while out of the house.

aido
22-11-15, 12:39
As a matter of interest what ports were you forwarding?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ford1
22-11-15, 13:25
8001 and 80 I think, I'd just origionally set them to test and never got round to changing them, it worked flawlessly for 2 months.

I can now only stream via android app "dreamdroid" from inside my home network. I really need Info on how to change the default streaming port and how I can change default login details to hopefully sure up the security.

I have other systems in place on the network for torrenting , remote viewing and to allow access to a nas drive, all these appear to be fine and secure.

I'm just not that savvy on the security of these box's YET!

abu baniaz
22-11-15, 14:16
This is the guide. It is in the guides section and stickied.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46802-Guide-Setting-up-SSH-with-public-private-keys

Ford1
22-11-15, 16:43
thank you, I was going to take a look over next week, I have had a quick look and it does indeed seem fairly complicated, and something that would require my full attention. do you know if this is able to be set up to use some of the readily available android apps ie. Dreamdroid, I find this very easy to use but as has been shown the problems with security are an issue.