PDA

View Full Version : The Wrekin Issue

spv4u
20-11-15, 22:00
Hi

Setup tuner by editing the xml file to add The Wrekin and completed a scan all channels working fine.

Then setup ABM to scan on The Wrekin and SKY Central Midlands, complete a scan and the channels from The Wrekin are lost apart form HD only, SKy is fine.

If I then complete a auto scan the channels return no problem.

I'm guessing there is an issue with the ABM config for The Wrekin, I have attached the lamedb and the XML file I configured to speed up scanning on my transponder as it is not in the list by default.

Could you update or advise

Huevos
21-11-15, 00:09
ABM doesn't delete channels.

Please follow these instructions (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions) so we can help you track down your issue.

abu baniaz
21-11-15, 00:34
There was an issue by another memeber which may not be the same as yours. We shall await your response before suggesting a way forward.

spv4u
22-11-15, 20:53
Sorry for the delay.

Attached are the logs files.

One after ABM was run and tune failed message was seen and the second is after a auto scan was completed to restore the channels.

Thanks

abu baniaz
23-11-15, 00:29
Channels not working/chanenls being deleted are not the same thing. Can you try this xml file please? Unrar/unzip and transfer to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Also, you do not need to to have both Sky ROI and Sky UK. If you enable "Not indexed" you will get all chanenls.

spv4u
23-11-15, 23:44
Great job.

Decided to upgrade to new version of Vix and completed a fresh setup of config.

Attempted to use file in new version and same issue.

Replaced the file and rebooted, completed a scan and all channels are now working as expected

Thanks for the help, do I need to update this going forward or will it be committed going forward?

M

abu baniaz
23-11-15, 23:51
I am confused by the following statements:

"Attempted to use file in new version and same issue."
"Replaced the file and rebooted, completed a scan and all channels are now working as expected"

You inferred that a run of ABM meant that the chanenls were unwatchable. Nothing in the official image image has been changed yet, we await result of your test.

Please answer this specific question:
If you use the file attached in post 5 and then run ABM. Is everything OK? Do not perform a non-ABM scan.

spv4u
23-11-15, 23:57
Sorry for not being clear

Setup fresh install without completing any scans just set the tuners to be correct A&B simple 28.2 and C&D Set to National GB

Changed the terrestrial.xml file to my modified version to contain The Wrekin frequencies and changed tuners to this (no scan completed)

Setup ABM and ran it to see if it was my config on the old image, results were the same, failed tune on freeview channels.

Updated the file with the version you supplied and rebooted

Ran ABM again and then changed channel all freeview channels now work :)

At no point have I run a normal service search/scan

abu baniaz
24-11-15, 00:02
Thank you. I will commit the changes so ABM works "out of the box" in future.

We won't be editing the terrestrial.xml file. It is not used by ABM. If you just setup tuner as Europe, that will be fine.

For reference purposes:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/98cc5d14fae848792bd5449e6d6a319148355676