PDA

View Full Version : vix image on vu solo 4k box

froggie
20-11-15, 18:40
Evening all
i was wondering if the vix team were planning to do a image for the vu solo 4k box ?
i have been using this image with my vuduo 2 and my solo2 and its a great image
but i have since brought a 4k tv so i have ordered a vu solo 4k box since ordering it i
see there is no vix image as yet.
cheers
froggie

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 19:16
There will be no vix image till VU+ release a BSP layer, only then can Vix and other images based on the online alliance start to build and test images.
If your think about something in your Christmas stocking you have probably more chance of a fabled unicorn.

Ev0
20-11-15, 19:36
There will be no vix image till VU+ release a BSP layer, only then can Vix and other images based on the online alliance start to build and test images.
If your think about something in your Christmas stocking you have probably more chance of a fabled unicorn.

I think your getting mixed up.

PLi based images are awaiting the BSP layer, vix isn't as it's based on OE-A, and openatv have already released there image, which means there isn't a BSP issue for vix either.

Sicilian
20-11-15, 19:58
We are testing, does work very well and was going to suggest merging to release branch, until one of the team discovered an issue with encrypted recordings. Its look like the 4K changes in our E2 and OpenATV E2 affect fast forward and rewind of encrypted recordings, completely screws them.

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:10
I think your getting mixed up.

PLi based images are awaiting the BSP layer, vix isn't as it's based on OE-A, and openatv have already released there image, which means there isn't a BSP issue for vix either.
Oh right I always thought vix was pli based but now I remember it split off, doh.

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:13
We are testing, does work very well and was going to suggest merging to release branch, until one of the team discovered an issue with encrypted recordings. Its look like the 4K changes in our E2 and OpenATV E2 affect fast forward and rewind of encrypted recordings, completely screws them.
Oh no shouldn't have said that, I won't sleep now lol.
Cmon someone with knowledge of fast forward and rewind of encrypted recordings sort it out.
Having said that I havnt tried any on black hole or VTi, Off to check when this 19.2 scan finishes.

Sicilian
20-11-15, 20:20
Oh no shouldn't have said that, I won't sleep now lol.
Cmon someone with knowledge of fast forward and rewind of encrypted recordings sort it out.
Having said that I havnt tried any on black hole or VTi, Off to check when this 19.2 scan finishes.

BH & VTi prob ok, but please let us know what you fine. Record say Sky 1 on satellite for 5 mins, then test fast forward and rewind at different speeds. OpenATV 100% has the issue too, just tested to make sure it wasn't only our E2.

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:23
Well I just pressed record on a sky Germany channel using black hole and got gsd.
Never noticed that before, gave a permanent time shift error....

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:23
Just done it again grrr

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:34
So I had to turn off time shift to set a recording in Blackhole from the record button, recorded 5 minutes of an encrypted channel and it scrubbed fine at even at high speeds.

Ev0
20-11-15, 20:35
Well I just pressed record on a sky Germany channel using black hole and got gsd.
Never noticed that before, gave a permanent time shift error....

What version of permanent time shift did you install ?

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:42
I didn't just the one in the image....
I online updated on Sunday night, before the red warning and up until now it has been fine, that is the only problem I have had... But I don't run lots of plug ins though anyway.
P.s. I must also add that there was a timed recording running at the same time(which is now trashed).

Ev0
20-11-15, 20:44
BH doesn't have permanent timeshift built in

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:52
Oh right I seem to have permanent TimeShift Settings version 1.2 in my setup/system menu, not in the plugins menu, I don't remember installing it as a plugin.

DaMacFunkin
20-11-15, 20:55
Also just tried on an encrypted UHD channel and it fast forwards and rewinds but it is more skipping than scrubbing.

Ev0
20-11-15, 21:07
Oh right I seem to have permanent TimeShift Settings version 1.2 in my setup/system menu, not in the plugins menu, I don't remember installing it as a plugin.

Remove it, and install the one from the BH addon's server.

DaMacFunkin
21-11-15, 06:51
Cheers will try later.

DaMacFunkin
21-11-15, 06:53
If i was to setup ATV on my box, are there any different files i should try to record and search?
Has anybody tried encrypted cable (mpeg2) or is that just the same?

Sicilian
21-11-15, 08:50
If i was to setup ATV on my box, are there any different files i should try to record and search?
Has anybody tried encrypted cable (mpeg2) or is that just the same?

Looks like even recording some FTA channels are affected. Issue confirmed on BBC One London.