PDA

View Full Version : Recording channels

Bugsy13
19-11-15, 22:02
I have a vu+duo2, bought from WOS. How can i record more than two channels. Whilst watching another? Do i need to modify it.
Thanks from bugsy13

Clabs
19-11-15, 22:21
Bugsy

Your Duo2 probably came with one dual tuner card. If you want to reliably record more than two channels then you will need to add a second card. Available from WOS and an easy DIY fit.

Clabs
19-11-15, 23:13
Bugsy

Your Duo2 probably came with one dual tuner card. If you want to reliably record more than two channels then you will need to add a second card. Available from WOS and an easy DIY fit.

Forgot the important part - you will need 4 feeds/cables from your dish so will need a Quad LNB as well as the extra 2 cables. Not expensive but can be a pain for the extra 2 cables, depending on where your dish is situated.

davers1875
20-11-15, 13:14
i have a DVB USB Turbo tuner(from WOS) that i use for recording freview channels which leaves my solo2 free to record two satellite channels at the same time, it's very good and certainly a lot cheaper than having to install another two cable feeds from the dish, i see WOS have the sundtek USB tuner at the same price as the Turbo USB Tuner, unless of course it's only satellite feeds you want to record

abu baniaz
20-11-15, 14:12
You need a tuner per transponder/mux being used. Youc an comfortably record six chanenls per tuner. If you have twelve channels on two tranponders, you can view/record/stream them. Once you need to use three transponders/muxes, you will need the third tuner.

The advice from davers1875 is the most economical way of doing things.