PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Can't scan Sky Germany with ABM

xXGJSXx
19-11-15, 18:23
I have just upgraded my Vu+ Solo 2 to the latest Vix image, I am having no problems with the image but when using ABM I cannot scan Sky Germany as ABM reports a tuner lock failure. I can scan all the rest OK eg Sky UK, Sky Italia, Skylink, Turksat etc but just not Sky Germany. I have tried a manual scan on 19.2 degrees and this works fine and I can view the channels on that satellite no problem. I have tried moving my dish to 19.2 degrees and only having Sky Germany active in ABM and this still reports the same failure.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Huevos
19-11-15, 19:05
Lot's of changes to transponders 19E, especially Sky DE. The provider file is updated so it will be in the next build (022). If you can't wait just grab the latest file from the GiT.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/blob/b6740896c5bb709f7719594ecb028516811fb961/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/sat_192_sky_deutschland.xml

xXGJSXx
19-11-15, 20:38
Works perfectly again after copying the new file into the AutoBouquetsMaker folder.

Thank you.

John57
20-11-15, 20:03
Hi Huevos

I am also experiencing the same issues with some German channels with my VU+Solo 2 running Vix-Apollo 142, if I was to update my channel list would this help to overcome the loss of channels?

Any help would be as always really appreciated

Regards
John

Huevos
21-11-15, 00:12
What German channels? Were the bouquets created with ABM.

Also if you want support you will need to upgrade your image.

DaMacFunkin
21-11-15, 06:50
Hi Huevos

I am also experiencing the same issues with some German channels with my VU+Solo 2 running Vix-Apollo 142, if I was to update my channel list would this help to overcome the loss of channels?

Any help would be as always really appreciated

Regards
John

If not created with ABM try running a full service scan on 19.2, it has updated my lamedb and lost channels are working fine again.

John57
21-11-15, 16:39
Huevos/DaMacFunkin

Thank you both for your positive feedback, just a brief explanation in respect to my current setup as I have two VU+Solo2 boxes, one is running Vix Apollo 142 and the second is running Hades (last version before the new version was released) What I would like to do is of course upgrade to the latest version for both boxes but just a little stuck how to do this correctly without loosing all my current settings, in the mean time I would like to try what DaMacFunkin has suggested and see how this works and then report back.

I have noticed the our sponsor has a few useful tutorial tips on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdeAwhiTBojR-LIeK_VPSQ) it would be a great help if someone who has the time "could" provide a tutorial how to do a complete install using the latest image of course I fully understand and appreciate that in requesting this is going to take someone some time. Nevertheless I am as always really appreciative of the positive support I have received from our forum members.

Kind Regards
John.

John57
21-11-15, 16:41
If not created with ABM try running a full service scan on 19.2, it has updated my lamedb and lost channels are working fine again.

DaMcFunkin, are you able to tell me where the service scan menu is located?

Kind Regards
John.

Huevos
21-11-15, 19:51
menu -> service search -> manual scan

John57
22-11-15, 14:10
Huevos

Thank you for your reply, I had already located the service menu just waited for your input as to manual or auto, hope this works as most channels are there is just a few seem to have gone.

Will keep you updated as to how it went

Kind Regards
John

John57
22-11-15, 18:52
Huevos

Just performed a complete rescan as you suggested (menu -> service search -> manual scan) the first scan resulted in nothing then I changed it to network and of course all channels on Astra 19 came in but once again the channels from Sky Germany still not clearing if I was to follow your suggestion above would you be able to assist in terms of how it is done I would be using VU Control Centre or would you suggest another option?

Go to this link
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...eutschland.xml

Which file should I try to download?

Huevos, any further help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards
John

Once downloaded where do I instal it within my VU+Solo2 software (I am not familiar with ftp) is there a possibility to drag and drop into a file?

John57
23-11-15, 08:29
Hi Huevos

Just a brief and good update, after I rescanned last night based on your tip I switched the TV on this morning and really happy to report back that in the file last scanned the channels that I was missing were all there and working, I just need to now move them into there correct folders, very, very happy

Thank you to all who helped
Regards
John