PDA

View Full Version : VU Duo with VU Zero

tim132
17-11-15, 09:24
I was reading about the VU Zero the other day and read that one of the features was you could use the Zero to connect to the Solo2 and Duo2 and retrieve any recordings made on the Solo2/Duo2.

Does anyone know whether the same applies for connecting the Zero to a Duo1?

It would be great to purchase the Zero for our bedroom and be able to get our downstairs recordings, upstairs!

DaMacFunkin
17-11-15, 13:49
Yes this is possible between all boxes that run vix images, not just VU+.

Noste500
17-11-15, 22:06
Is there any tuts for setting this up ?
Thanks in advance .

tim132
18-11-15, 00:07
Brilliant thanks for that. I didn't realise it was a vix feature rather than a VU+ feature. I'm guessing it's pretty simple to set up, once both boxes are connected to the network then you should be able to find the Duo from the Zero's menu somewhere!?

Noste500
18-11-15, 09:10
I can find my main box on the network , but cannot mount the hdd up .
Any pointers ?
Sorry to thread jack ;-)

tim132
18-11-15, 09:18
I have no idea because I'm not set up yet. It's an interesting question though if it's not as simple as you would think. I'm not bothered about you 'thread jacking' but it's probably worth starting a new thread and see if someone answers you there.

tim132
18-11-15, 10:11
Does this help?

DaMacFunkin
18-11-15, 13:47
First of all make sure each boxes hard drive is correctly mounted in each box and dchp is turned off, then install nfs package on both boxes, this is located in setup/system/network.
The box will restart, the re navigate to network settings and choose mount set up, in choose network browser, this will now scan your network and then provide you with a list, choose the box you want to access and it should now give you some options, choose the one that says media/hdd.
You will then be asked do you want to enter a username and password, for simplicity's sake choose no.
Leave the settings at default and save the mount.
Exit to tv screen and press the pvr button, this will take you to your recordings, press the yellow button to choose another location. Your other box should now be in the list, choose it and highlight the movie folder, press menu and add a bookmark to it, now you can quickly access the movie folder of the other box by pressing the yellow button in pvr.
Note all this is from my faltering memory, lol.

tim132
18-11-15, 14:40
Brilliant!!! I'll be back here to read up once I'm in my new house and get another box set up! :thumbsup:

Noste500
18-11-15, 19:30
First of all make sure each boxes hard drive is correctly mounted in each box and dchp is turned off, then install nfs package on both boxes, this is located in setup/system/network.
The box will restart, the re navigate to network settings and choose mount set up, in choose network browser, this will now scan your network and then provide you with a list, choose the box you want to access and it should now give you some options, choose the one that says media/hdd.
You will then be asked do you want to enter a username and password, for simplicity's sake choose no.
Leave the settings at default and save the mount.
Exit to tv screen and press the pvr button, this will take you to your recordings, press the yellow button to choose another location. Your other box should now be in the list, choose it and highlight the movie folder, press menu and add a bookmark to it, now you can quickly access the movie folder of the other box by pressing the yellow button in pvr.
Note all this is from my faltering memory, lol.

I get as far as network browser . Then I scan and it shows the main box. But at this point when I press again to "expand " it . It just won't expand to show the hdd on main box.
Go downstairs to main box and try it on that box and it does expand the box upstairs..
Both running vix .
Very strange . ... Thoughts ??
Thanks in advance .
Btw great info for above ;-)

Noste500
18-11-15, 21:26
Got it . Nfs had not enabled on moan box ;-)

tim132
19-11-15, 09:19
Good job!!