PDA

View Full Version : Quad Tuner Options ?

Aletank
16-11-15, 15:49
I currently have a VU+Solo2 with 1TB HDD as you know its a Twin Tuner.
I was wondering what the options are for a new box with more Tuners ?
I don't have cable in my area so a cable tuner box is not possible, I have a Terrestrial Aerial and a Twin LNB on my Satellite dish .
Thanks for any advice

joysleep1
16-11-15, 16:58
Well a quad tuner will give you 4 satellite inputs. You have to have free LNB slots on your dish to make use of all of them

nsw9154
16-11-15, 17:12
you will need a Quad LNB depending on what type of Sat Dish you have as you do not say weather it is a standard Sky Dish or not
the Technomate TM-4 Super is at a very good price from the sponsor but i do not know if it will fit on a standard Sky Dish

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Technomate-LNB/Technomate-TM-4-gold-LNB

or you could try the Xtrend ET8000 triple tuner receiver with 2 DVB-S2sat tuners and 1 DVB-C cable/terrestrial tuner also from the sponsor and use your existing twin LNB and terrestrial Arial

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Xtrend-Linux-HD-Receivers/Xtrend-ET8000-2x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2

Aletank
16-11-15, 17:18
Thanks for the replies - Yeah it's a standard Sky dish, I was hoping not to have to run anymore cables but looks like that is my only option.
Thanks Again :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
16-11-15, 20:17
Have you considered USB Tuners on your Solo2?
Reason I ask is I own a Solo2, Duo2 and a Solo4k and let me tell you the solo2 is a cracking little box.
Yes you would need more feeds from your dish for a USB Satellite tuner, but what about adding a dual USB DVB-T2 and making use of your ariel?

richf176
16-11-15, 20:32
Got an Octo lnb fitted with 4 feeds into my mutant 2400. Can now record up to 16 different programs and use remote channel streamer for other boxes

adm
16-11-15, 20:45
I have an Extrend ET1000 with two hybrid terrestrial tuners and two satellite which I use for UK Freeview/Freesat.

Aletank
16-11-15, 21:15
I like the sound of the extra terrestrial tuners via USB. What kit would I need/you recommend ?
Thanks for the ideas !

Stanman
16-11-15, 21:17
PCTV Nano Stick 290 will do it

birdman
16-11-15, 22:15
PCTV Nano Stick 290 will do itNo longer made(?).
The 292e (TripleStick) is, but you need at least a 3.16.x kernel to get a driver, it may not be in OpenVix anyway, and it doesn't do HD (only SD).

Aletank
17-11-15, 05:27
PCTV Nano Stick 290 will do it
The 290 Twin tuner is available on Amazon for just under £60.
Is this the best option ?
Does the Aerial just plug into it or do I need any other accessories ? Splitter maybe ?
Can I just use the OpenVix EPG as normal ?
Thanks again

DaMacFunkin
17-11-15, 10:28
I don't know about the 290 twin, there are other twin options soon to be available, with them you would just need one connection, unfortunately opentv epg won't cross populate freeview, you would need to use epg refresh, this can be automated to run just after opentv.

Stanman
17-11-15, 19:43
You can buy the usb vu turbo tuner for less then that

Aletank
17-11-15, 21:17
You can buy the usb vu turbo tuner for less then thatwhat does the USB turbo tuner give me ? A extra single tuner I'm guessing ?
Would that work of the Openvix EPG ?
This problem arose as I had a youview box which I used to use for my terrestrial recordings but broke recently. I thought if I could get extra tuners in one box it would be a neater set up.
Another option is to get another youview box as I had for terrestrial recordings

Aletank
04-12-15, 18:49
Just a update on this, I've just got a BT YOUVIEW BOX ULTRA HD DTR T4000 1 TB , Gumtree bargain (£100 Delivered)
This gives me the freedom of a extra 2 Freeview Tuners & Remote Recording from my mobile plus other benefits.
Thanks everyone for your help ! :thumbsup:

zino
06-02-16, 07:37
I like the sound of the extra terrestrial tuners via USB. What kit would I need/you recommend ?
Thanks for the ideas !

extra terrestrial tuner as you requested:

Sorry, I couldn't help it :p

DaMacFunkin
06-02-16, 07:57
Weirdest looking terrestrial thing I've ever seen, looks a lot like a satellite dish to me.

zino
07-02-16, 03:07
Weirdest looking terrestrial thing I've ever seen, looks a lot like a satellite dish to me.

It doesnt say terrestrial, it says extra terrestrial...
hence the seti dishes that (hope to) pick up extra terrestrial signals.

Would've thought it was obvious lol.