PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Unable to update Vix image

Brownbread
14-11-15, 19:38
Hi guys pretty new to this, I purchased my box already set up but now it has started playing up with menus, Epg screen etc just flashing up randomly. I thought it may need an update on the vix image but i cannot get it to work.

I have downloaded the image and put it on usb, I turn the box off via the rocker switch, Insert the usb and power back back on but nothing happens. I see the usb flashing but the box just boots up normally. Please help.

Andy_Hazza
14-11-15, 19:49
Hi guys pretty new to this, I purchased my box already set up but now it has started playing up with menus, Epg screen etc just flashing up randomly. I thought it may need an update on the vix image but i cannot get it to work.

I have downloaded the image and put it on usb, I turn the box off via the rocker switch, Insert the usb and power back back on but nothing happens. I see the usb flashing but the box just boots up normally. Please help.

You have to press the power button on the receiver when prompted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brownbread
14-11-15, 19:51
Hi i do not get a prompt? It just loads up straight to the channels?

Peterj
14-11-15, 20:03
Have a look here:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

Brownbread
14-11-15, 21:35
Hi thanks for your help, I have tried everything on the guide but still have no joy, It just loads up with no prompts to push the power button

DaMacFunkin
14-11-15, 21:58
Then it doesn't recognise your USB stick.

bellejt
14-11-15, 22:54
do you have any other usb sticks in the box ? Remove them first

Fuzzy
14-11-15, 23:04
Agree with bellejt. If I don't remove my rear usb stick first, which I use for timeshift, epg and picons, the box doesn't read the stick in the front port with the image on.

Brownbread
15-11-15, 14:41
Hi guys thanks for your responses, I have tried both ports front and rear but i get the same thing, Ive tried different usb sticks as well, All running FAT32 and formatted them. I think i'm gonna give up, I will just put up with the menus randomly appearing. Like i say i purchased it all set up, For all i know the box could be a clone, I just don't know.

Bazzer
15-11-15, 15:21
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-solo2-genuine-or-clone.16892/
Have a look at this m8 it might help with wether it is a clone or not

judge
15-11-15, 15:27
I will just put up with the menus randomly appearing.

Menus randomly appearing is usually down to someone else having access to your box or HDMI-CEC being enabled.