PDA

View Full Version : Crash report

m-vs1
14-11-15, 10:19
Hi

Turned on the Duo2 this morning. Picture was frozen. I thought maybe the previous movie had reached the end, so I went into the archive. The picture in picture functioned normally with the current TV channel. No volume however. Tried adjusting volume on Duo2 and on TV. No sound. Remote buttons didn't seem to do anything, except that each press of a button, the TV button on the remote lit (but that's normal). Couldn't exit the archive so I turned the power off to the unit and it is now fine. This isn't the first time this has happened. The last time was about a fortnight ago. Any idea what is going on? Oh, there is no epg data - don't know if that is a factor

Thanks

Barry

m-vs1
24-11-15, 15:53
Crashed again on Sunday whilst scrolling epg. Twice in 2 days. If it's this unreliable I need to get it replaced before the warranty expires

abu baniaz
24-11-15, 15:58
Please attach the crash logs. You will find them in /home/root/logs

timofee
24-11-15, 23:23
Did you check your device mounts after the last software update. If not, worth checking the next time you update the image.

m-vs1
29-11-15, 20:26
Hi

Thanks. I have attached the crashlog. Will check mounts this evening.

Help is much appreciated.

Barry

m-vs1
04-12-15, 09:04
Mounts look ok. Hasn't crashed in a few days but then, not been using it much either

m-vs1
05-12-15, 23:02
Crashed again this eve whilst watching/recording Dr Who BBC HD. As we were watching, the spinning Vix symbol appeared top left. None of the remote buttons would do anything so after the programme I had to turn it off at the back. Should I just return this thing under the warranty?

abu baniaz
06-12-15, 01:20
Should you wish to return your receiver as suspected of being faulty, most retailers will ask you to run the receiver as FTA only with no plugins installed for about 48 hours. Contact your retailer and see what they say. It is imperative to follow what they say exactly. This helps identify/confirm issue. Some people do not follow instructions given to them, send receiver back, nothing wrong is found. Others follow exactly, once issue is conformed, teh returns process is started and they get a repair/replacement as appropriate to their consumer rights.

You are using an image from July. Issues from it won't be fixied unless they are present in the new images.

<crashdate>Sat Nov 21 11:36:38 2015</crashdate>
<compiledate>Jul 9 2015</compiledate>

m-vs1
06-12-15, 16:29
Thanks. I did email WoS but they never responded. I'll try again tomorrow.

abu baniaz
06-12-15, 22:26
Have you checked your spam folder for any response?

m-vs1
09-12-15, 09:59
This is a new one, at 7am this morning the time on the box read 00:04. It still reads that time now. At least the date is correct. And it won't come out of standby

DaMacFunkin
09-12-15, 11:30
What plug ins are you running? Do you have anything attached by usb?

birdman
09-12-15, 19:16
Thanks. I have attached the crashlog.From post #5.

There seem to be a lot of key presses recorded in this. Left, Right, Up and Down.