PDA

View Full Version : No signal on sky channels.

afterburn
12-11-15, 20:29
My elderly neighbour has an enigma 2 box (LX1). All the sky channels are showing no signal and are greyed out with the message tuner not configured correctly. yet the Bt, setanta,ruk etc are fine. I have tried running Autoboquets 28.2 and a rescan. No sign of them. Both polaritys V and H are effected. When i scan a single transponder that has a sky channel on either polarity it finds no channels. I brought my own box up and its the same result. :confused:

StuBFrost
12-11-15, 21:24
The dish has probably moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afterburn
12-11-15, 21:41
The dish has probably moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it been quite windy here but there's 80% quality on some of the channels. Could it be possibly there isn't a peep I mean 0% ?

roybach
12-11-15, 22:43
Yes it been quite windy here but there's 80% quality on some of the channels. Could it be possibly there isn't a peep I mean 0% ?

My guess is that the dish has moved and the quality reading is from a transponder on another Satellite.

Huevos
12-11-15, 22:48
Channels greyed out means there is a mismatch between satellites.xml and lamedb.

afterburn
12-11-15, 23:01
Channels greyed out means there is a mismatch between satellites.xml and lamedb.

What do i need to do here so. Thanks.

satmanbasil
13-11-15, 00:20
add updated satellite xml file or from plugins download settings which will have a new satellite xml file included you can either download file for bird his dish points to or if he has a multi sat setup then a motorized dish settings
once downloaded dont forget to reboot the receiver for new settings to take place this should get him up and running again

abu baniaz
13-11-15, 00:21
Which bouquets/channel lists have you transferred?

Can you upload the satellites.xml (there may be two) that are on the receiver as well as the lamedb file?

satmanbasil
13-11-15, 00:23
also one last thing you could check is his satellite settings to make sure he's enabled viewing the bird he wishes to watch, it could also be the problem alot depend when he last used the receiver to view satellite as many transponders change over a period of time hence why not all will work. another thing to try is a full rescan of the birds transponders this will update the file with the channels new transponder data

afterburn
13-11-15, 00:27
Which bouquets/channel lists have you transferred?

Can you upload the satellites.xml that is on your rceiver as well as your lamedb file?

Where is the lamedb file I know where the xml one is. if the channels are fine at my house how come there is no signal at his. Every channel belonging to sky is showing 0%. all other channels quality between 65% and 80% .

afterburn
13-11-15, 00:34
he says the worked as recently as yesterday and I am inclined to believe him. Single sat tuner 28.2 only. simple,single,28.2.disqc no.I tried a full scan and .I'm only receiving 588 at his house and 910 at mine. the transponders carrying the sky package and only those transponders are finding no channels.

abu baniaz
13-11-15, 00:37
Signal/reception issue = you can selct chanenl but get a tune failed message
Software error/mistmatch as mentioned above= you get messages about something being wrong, and some channels being greyed out.

lamedb file is located in /etc/enigma2/
user version of satellites.xml is located in /etc/enigma2/
system version of satellutes.xml is located in /etc/tuxbox/

abu baniaz
13-11-15, 00:39
he says the worked as recently as yesterday and I am inclined to believe him. Single sat tuner 28.2 only. simple,single,28.2.disqc no.I tried a full scan and .I'm only receiving 588 at his house and 910 at mine. the transponders carrying the sky package and only those transponders are finding no channels.

LNB failed probably.

afterburn
13-11-15, 00:42
I cant upload the files. The site is telling me invalid file.:confused:

afterburn
13-11-15, 00:45
That what I had thought all along. The weird thing is that both horizonatal and vertical transponders are affected ( is that even possible?). I guess i start there and see what gives.

afterburn
13-11-15, 00:47
Signal/reception issue = you can selct chanenl but get a tune failed message
Software error/mistmatch as mentioned above= you get messages about something being wrong, and some channels being greyed out.

lamedb file is located in /etc/enigma2/
user version of satellites.xml is located in /etc/enigma2/
system version of satellutes.xml is located in /etc/tuxbox/

both of the above.. Tune failed first then when I run the plugin greyed out. it autobouquets e2 by the way.

abu baniaz
13-11-15, 00:56
You have now thrown another variable into the equation. Latest version of AB 28.2 is 10/11/2015.

There is an issue with the the ITV transponder. Do not run AB 28.2 while on the ITV transponder. ABM runs on the EPG transponder. Might be better to use ABM as you wont know which channel was last used if AB 28.2 is being run on a schedule.

afterburn
13-11-15, 01:11
You have now thrown another variable into the equation. Latest version of AB 28.2 is 10/11/2015.

There is an issue with the the ITV transponder. Do not run AB 28.2 while on the ITV transponder. ABM runs on the EPG transponder. Might be better to use ABM as you wont know which channel was last used if AB 28.2 is being run on a schedule.

The version is october 7th on my box. on his i can't say ,earlier than that for sure although it's vix 3.something so not that old . However if i go to manual scan and just scan one transponder that sky broadcasts on , I'm getting no signal, surely that would be independant of autobouquets e2 or am i wrong and the channels would appear in last scanned. what I can't get my head around is how Bt sport and Ruk are showing 75% quality.
I'm going up to him in the morning again. what order would you recommend i approach this Abu.
Change Lnb first or try to realign dish first. There is a freesat box on the same dish could this have any effect on the Lx1.

abu baniaz
13-11-15, 01:35
Whilst you are investicagting, do not use AB 28.2 or ABM.

What to do:
Perform a scan at your place. Take receiver to his place. Tune to a chanenl that you know will fail. Go to sat finder. Press on one side of dish. Start with left first (as viewed from LNB end). If the signal quality improves, this is an lignment issue.

If LNB, you will be missing channels on one of the four quadrants (high/low/horizontal/vertical). Not too familiar with what chanel is on what transponder, so can't help in confirming this.

I'd change his LNB if the dish press test did not improve reception. But be open to possibility of cable damage.

P.S you could have zipped the lamedb file. Ideally it should be the one scanned from his place. There is no need to do it. Should you wish to, there is a telnet command to remove channel data here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Telnet-commands

afterburn
13-11-15, 01:44
The dish is only a few months up (new cabling). He told me the guy wanted to bolt it to the chimney but he insisted he attached it low on aerial pole. It looks ok in relation to those around him. I have a small meter "ws 6906" which i am now going to tune into sky sports 5 at home which i believe is one of the weaker sky channels and connect it to the lnb and work from there. Thanks for you time Abu , I know it's getting late. I'll let you know how this pans out.

afterburn
13-11-15, 20:20
Well I returned this morning and the dish alignment was perfect despite some very strong winds. So I swapped out the lnb ,scanned and lo and behold all channels again available. the lnb is only 3 months old. (a generic sky one). Any channel with a symbol rate of 27500 was not been found which just so happened to be all the sky sd package. Amazingly the sky Hd channels which have a symbol rate of 29500 were all populating. Anyway Thanks to all who helped on this issue. appreciate it.:thumbsup: