PDA

View Full Version : Homeplugs abroad

pooface
24-12-10, 12:55
Hi guys...

Just wondered if anyone has tried using homeplugs whilst abroad...

I have some here at home that work fine, and am going over to France to the in-laws soon, so was thinking about taking some homeplugs to be able to play xbox live whilst over there (as I have no wireless for the xbox).

However, I wasn't sure how well it would work when plugged in to adapters. Would it likely cause any problems to either the adapters or their electric supply some way?!

So, if anyone has tried or knows of any experiences, please post :)

marty
24-12-10, 13:00
You will need a pair of froggy to UK plug adaptors ;)
There is nothing different with the lecky, it will work fine :)

(BTW I'm living in France)

pooface
24-12-10, 13:22
You will need a pair of froggy to UK plug adaptors ;)
There is nothing different with the lecky, it will work fine :)

(BTW I'm living in France)

Yeah, that's what I thought. Got a few of them, but just wanted to check if everything should be ok. If it blows up their electrics (or my homeplugs), I'll blame you :p

Where abouts in France are you anyway? We're going up to Reims, so lots of Champagne :) hehe

marty
24-12-10, 13:36
Yeah, that's what I thought. Got a few of them, but just wanted to check if everything should be ok. If it blows up their electrics (or my homeplugs), I'll blame you :p

Where abouts in France are you anyway? We're going up to Reims, so lots of Champagne :) hehe

I'm right in the middle (very near the F1 track Mangy-cours ;) ) about 400 KM's down from where you are going. Champagne is gross :p beer is much better :)
Home plugs are popular here, they flog em in loads of shops.