PDA

View Full Version : FBC Tuner requirements

Tigerdyr2
12-11-15, 11:19
Hi.

I've received my Solo 4K and i'm wondering, what the requirements are to utilitize the FBC tuners. I've been searching the net a lot, and can't find anything regarding this.

I expect my LNB's, disecq ect. to support (Full Band Capture).

Have any of you any information regarding this ?

Thanks in advance.

DaMacFunkin
12-11-15, 11:30
They self configure based on your system, I have WF100 cabling and a universal lnb, but to truly get the fbc across the 2 tuners you need a certain lnb and a type of cable, the name escapes me at the moment, arrgghh.

Tigerdyr2
12-11-15, 11:38
Current. my Solo4k is equipped with 2 "onboard" FBC tuners, and an add-on Dual DVB-S2 module. 2 internal and one in the module. All 3 are connected to 2 quad LNB with disecq in between. I assume the module works as normal. I hope someone can point me in the correct path. In the image i have 10 tuners avavible as i recall. 4 pr FBC (1 physical and 3 virtual) and 2 physical in the module.

DaMacFunkin
12-11-15, 13:32
Yes they are all available by default, but like I said the system self configures to use the tuners, as, when and if possible... The best way to test is to keep recording programs from different transponders and see how many you can get going at the same time, the discussion I saw was on VTi forum, they had the right type of cabling and lnb, but I can't translate German to english on the fly with my phone so I can't find it till I get home.
Ps I have 12 tuners showing in mine with the usb ones as well.

Tigerdyr2
12-11-15, 14:42
I'll test later on. And post my findings

Tigerdyr2
13-11-15, 06:29
I tried by using my current setup. I managed to tune 7 channels on the 2 built in tuners, but i was not able to freely select channels. It seems linke you should unicable / satCR for obtaining 4 channels of free choice, but only if they are on the same satellite.

Trial
13-11-15, 20:18
Hi,
with normal configuration you can tune 8 transponder from 2 bands with unicable 8 transponder from any band from max 2 sat and I think more with jess.

ciao

Huevos
14-11-15, 09:20
Jess won't let you tune more transponders. The box only has 9 demuxes. The only advantage of jess is it will allow 32 IF channels.32 = 8 x 4, which means with a jess LNB you can run four Solo4k receivers at once through one cable.

Trial
14-11-15, 09:39
Hi Huevos,
with more I meant more than 2 Sat as unicable allows. With jess up to 64 Sat can be used.

ciao

2stein
14-11-15, 10:11
i also came to the conclusion that you need uni-cable lnb to fully exploit the fbc tuners.
however, i always thought that uni-cable was only a workaround for installations with one cable. with less signal quality due higher frequencies on the coax cable. isn't that true anymore?

Trial
14-11-15, 18:35
Hi,
why higher frequencies? I know this "problem" only from stacker/destacker as it goes up to around 3GHz.

ciao

2stein
14-11-15, 21:21
well if e.g. 4 boxes are supported concurrently over one cable the frequency ranges are stacked... they start at 1 ghz and go up to 2 ghz..

SCR port
CH1 1210MHz
CH2 1420MHz
CH3 1680MHz
CH4 2040MHz

Trial
15-11-15, 08:52
Hi,
yes but this is normal. Do you think that normal sat is below 1GHz? 1st GHz is reserved for terrestrial/cable.

ciao

Huevos
15-11-15, 08:58
Hi Huevos,
with more I meant more than 2 Sat as unicable allows. With jess up to 64 Sat can be used.Theoretical... but... I doubt there is any hardware. Is there any JESS switch available that will go above 4 satellites?

And a basic switch just to get 4 satellites is in the 800€ range.

Huevos
15-11-15, 09:06
well if e.g. 4 boxes are supported concurrently over one cable the frequency ranges are stacked... they start at 1 ghz and go up to 2 ghz..

SCR port
CH1 1210MHz
CH2 1420MHz
CH3 1680MHz
CH4 2040MHzAs Trial says that is the same range used by a Universal LNB (950 - 2150 MHz).

2stein
15-11-15, 11:23
ah, they don't transmit full bands... but then the advantage of fcb-tuners is gone again.

Trial
15-11-15, 19:09
Hi,
you did not understand. With unicable and FCB and only 2 cables you can get up to 8 transponder from up to 2 sat and each is completely free selectable. Without unicable you can only watch/record up to 8 transponder from 2 out of #ofsat * 4 bands. With or without unicable/jess FCB tuner have advantages.

ciao

2stein
16-11-15, 13:15
Hi,
you did not understand.

could be :-)

With unicable and FCB and only 2 cables you can get up to 8 transponder from up to 2 sat and each is completely free selectable.
8 transponders concurrently? for that the fbc would require a full band as input. but doesn't unicable only transmit one tranponder at a time?
anyway...

Trial
16-11-15, 14:09
Hi,
each FCB tuner gets more then 1 unicable SCR and therefore does not need full band because it simply transmits several transponder in this 1GHz.

Ralf

2stein
16-11-15, 14:23
Hi,
each FCB tuner gets more then 1 unicable SCR and therefore does not need full band because it simply transmits several transponder in this 1GHz.

Ralf
ok, thanks... we are getting closer... :-)
so, i would need a unicable lnb or switch with 8 scrs to fully exploit the 2 fbcs?

Trial
16-11-15, 16:06
Hi,
yes:-) Unicable or jess.

ciao

2stein
16-11-15, 16:21
Hi,
yes:-) Unicable or jess.

ciao
:D

ok, so unicable with 8 scrs gives us access to 8 transponders spread across all 4 bands.

however, it will not give us the super fast zapping when zapping to a channel that does not happen to be on one of the 8 tuned transponders.
this may not be a big deficiency as super fast zapping is not available for scrambled channels anyway.

Arcy
20-11-15, 11:01
I have a Unicable LNB which is connected to a SAT>IP streaming box (Inverto IDL400S). This has four tuners which are set to match the four frequencies output by the LNB. Using the splitter supplied with the LNB for attaching a second SAT>IP box, I've extended it to tuners G and H of the Solo 4K. This worked fine except when I started up a client device connected to the Inverto receiver. While I was selecting and tuning a channel on the client (actually a mobile phone app), reception on the Solo 4K was interrupted momentarily a few times. The reason appears to be that both tuner contend for the lowest available LNB channel, and it takes them a few seconds to agree a settlement. Since I don't expect to need more than two SAT>IP clients, the solution I've found is to configure tuners G and H on the Solo 4K to channels SCR2 and SCR3, avoiding the use of SCR0 and SCR1 (the lowest channels). But of course this does limit the versatility of the FBC tuner.

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 19:01
Hi,
I have Vu Solo2 with octo LNB/60cm solid dish. I have ordered Solo4k and was wondering what if any upgrades to cable/dish/LNB would be recommended?

2stein
30-11-15, 19:38
Hi,
I have Vu Solo2 with octo LNB/60cm solid dish. I have ordered Solo4k and was wondering what if any upgrades to cable/dish/LNB would be recommended?
without lnb/switch upgrade the solo 4k will be no different than your solo2.
you need unicable to fully exploit the solo 4k fbc tuners.

nsw9154
30-11-15, 21:25
just did a ebay search for 4k LNB's and almost every ordinary one said 4k even the ones that i have, very confusing :eek:

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 21:31
Would you have a link to what I need?

abu baniaz
30-11-15, 21:33
just did a ebay search for 4k LNB's and almost every ordinary one said 4k even the ones that i have, very confusing :eek:
An ordinary one will recver 4K transmissions. You will not gain the benefits of the FBC tuner in the Solo 4K if you use it though.

As mentioned above, Unicable LNB

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 21:37
Will the original sat cable do?

rossi2000
30-11-15, 21:47
yes
im going to get something soon, but im going to have to get someone to come and fit it for me, my dish is above the gutter so fecked if im going up there to change it :)

2stein
30-11-15, 22:09
Would you have a link to what I need?
that depends on your needs. with an octo-lnb you probably have hooked up more than just a solo2.
how many "virtual tuners" do you need on your solo 4k (max is 8)?

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 22:18
My setup will be
Solo4k, Solo2 (twin DVB s2) and 2 x zeros
What would you recommend for LNB?

2stein
30-11-15, 22:31
My setup will be
Solo4k, Solo2 (twin DVB s2) and 2 x zeros
What would you recommend for LNB?
solo2 = 2 universal feeds, 2 x zeros = 2 universal feeds, solo 4k = 1 unicable feed (4 or 8 scrs).
so, we need 4 universal feeds and 1 unicable feed (4 or 8 scrs).
the "biggest" lnb i know of has 3 universal feeds and 1 unicable feed (4 scrs).
so, for your config we probably need a quattro lnb plus a reqular switch and a cascaded unicable switch.
or...
we could also drive the solo2 and the 2 zeros with unicable.
for that we would only need a quattro lnb plus a unicable switch.
i'd probably go for this one.
or...
there will be also lnbs with 8 scrs soon... then a unicable lnb with 8 scrs could suffice.
lots of options.

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 22:39
Could you explains scr and the switches?

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 22:42
Just thinking I could leave my existing setup and mount a separate satellite for 4k, then what LNB would suffice?

2stein
30-11-15, 22:51
Could you explains scr and the switches?
1 scr is kind of a virtual tuner.
the solo 4k has 2 physical fbc tuners but 8 scrs. so, a solo 4k would be equivalent to a box with 8 conventional tuners.
for a switch you could use something like this one:
http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=49&id=278
2 scrs would go to the solo 2, 1 each for the zeros, and the remaining 4 to the solo 4k.
with that the solo 4k would have 4 "virtual tuners", 4 would be left unused. if you wanted to use those 4 as well, you would need a switch with more scrs.

2stein
30-11-15, 23:07
Just thinking I could leave my existing setup and mount a separate satellite for 4k, then what LNB would suffice?
for full exploitation you would need something like this:
http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=323&cat=126
this seems to be brand new... don't know whether you can already buy it.
or...
a quattro lnb plus the unicable switch with 8 scrs/user bands mentioned above.

jonnyflash
30-11-15, 23:35
Would this be OK to supply just the Solo 4K ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261160931025 @eBay

2stein
01-12-15, 09:06
Would this be OK to supply just the Solo 4K ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261160931025 @eBay
this one gives you 4 virtual tuners... which basically fully loads 1 fbc tuner.
i have a similar one for a duo2 with 4 tuners. works perfectly.
not sure putting up a new dish is justified for just getting 2 additional tuners...

Trial
01-12-15, 09:15
Hi 2stein,

without lnb/switch upgrade the solo 4k will be no different than your solo2.

this is not correct.
Solo2 with 2 cable = 2 transponder from 2 bands
Solo4k with 2 cable = up to 8 transponder from 2 bands

ciao

2stein
01-12-15, 09:20
Hi 2stein,

this is not correct.
Solo2 with 2 cable = 2 transponder from 2 bands
Solo4k with 2 cable = up to 8 transponder from 2 bands

ciao
yes, you are right... forgot the transponder thing... this is really complex...
but the 2 bands can be limiting... that's why i switched to unicable on my duo2 to get access to all 4 bands on all tuners with just one cable.

so, if the channels you are watching are just on 2 bands (H/H, H/L, V/H, V/L) then 2 feeds from your octo-lnb might be good enough. :-)

Trial
01-12-15, 12:37
Hi,
in Germany the 2 bands is almost no limitation a 99% of the channel are high/low horizontal.

ciao

2stein
01-12-15, 13:23
Hi,
in Germany the 2 bands is almost no limitation a 99% of the channel are high/low horizontal.

ciao
i don't buy the 99% but anyway: i prefer 100% solutions :-)

jonnyflash
01-12-15, 13:27
That was a bit like the American man bragging to the Irish man, saying that when they built the space shuttle to .0001% tolerances, The Irish fella replied "That would be no use in Ireland, we'd have to be bang on"

jonnyflash
01-12-15, 13:30
Still a bit confused though,
What LNB would fully exploit a 2 tuner Vu Solo4k on its own?

2stein
01-12-15, 13:42
Still a bit confused though,
What LNB would fully exploit a 2 tuner Vu Solo4k on its own?
i'd say this one: http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=323&cat=126 for the 100% solution.
but I haven't seen it (or any other equivalent one) for sale yet.

Huevos
01-12-15, 21:12
i don't buy the 99% but anyway: i prefer 100% solutions :-)Well you better not look at a Unicable LNB then.

A Unicable LNB supplying multiple boxes is only good on a fixed dish aligned on one orbital slot.

2stein
01-12-15, 21:50
Well you better not look at a Unicable LNB then.

A Unicable LNB supplying multiple boxes is only good on a fixed dish aligned on one orbital slot.
yes, that's right... and that's what i have.

jonnyflash
01-12-15, 22:09
Which LNB do you have?

2stein
02-12-15, 08:56
Which LNB do you have?
i have this one: http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=160&cat=6
unicable for a duo2 with 4 tuners, and the universal feeds for 2 zeros.

jonnyflash
05-12-15, 18:59
Just to say on my Solo4k:
My config is 2 DVD S2 FBC tuners on existing Octo LNB, this gives me 8 tuners on the box

Huevos
05-12-15, 19:30
Just to say on my Solo4k:
My config is 2 DVD S2 FBC tuners on existing Octo LNB, this gives me 8 tuners on the boxCan you post a grab and of your tuner config screen.

jonnyflash
05-12-15, 19:38
Here you go, if you need more details just ask

maxben
12-12-15, 21:37
So I bought myself the Inverto LNB for my Solo 4K http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=160&cat=6

My m8 an installer fitted the LNB today but I'm struggling to configure it for Astra 28 east.

The LNB has 2 legacy ports which are for other receivers so not relevant for the Solo 4K.

The LNB has one Unicable port which I've connected to the included 2 way splitter which is then connected to the tuners A and B of the Solo.

I've configured each tuner as unicable and both are working but I don't see any of the other 6 virtual tuners configured which I assume would happen automatically.

I'm just fumbling around in the dark really, any tips to correctly configure this for Astra 28 east would be appreciated especially but not limited to the settings in the red box in the pic below.

Thanks

Huevos
13-12-15, 04:21
First thing. Don't configure tuner B at all. Plug straight into tuner A. Set up tuner A. No splitter. Then set up tuner C (Advanced). Now post some screen grabs.

DaMacFunkin
13-12-15, 09:40
Here you go, if you need more details just ask

Yes everybody gets them, if you look at the other virtual tuners they state they configure automatically, you will only use all those virtual tuners if you are tuning to programs on the same transponders.

2stein
13-12-15, 09:41
with that lnb you can only configure up to 4 tuners. so, you can only configure 2 more tuners: c and d. those tuners are configured the same way as if they were physical tuners with different scr frequencies connected to a tuner with a cable. so in your case tuner c could be connected to a and tuner d connected to tuner b.
if you remove the second cable then tuner b, c, and d would be connected to tuner a.

maxben
13-12-15, 11:45
Thanks to all helping.

So for now I have disabled physical tuner B to concentrate on A

Tuner A is configured as in 1st pic

Tuner C is configured as SCR3 which I want to connect to A but it's not allowing me to change the 'connected' setting at all just stays on 'no'

2stein
13-12-15, 16:00
looks ok, what you are trying to do.
maybe you can't skip tuner b. so, i'd configure tuner b as connected to a before trying to configure tuner c.

maxben
13-12-15, 16:09
.... i'd configure tuner b as connected to a before trying to configure tuner c.

So if I do this will a different tuner become available as a physical port because at some point a diseqc switch with 19 and 13 and a motorised dish need to be included ?

2stein
13-12-15, 18:55
don't know... try to pseudo configure tuner b as a universal tuner, then we'll see.
are you able to connect tuners b-d to tuner a?

maxben
13-12-15, 21:25
Well, I've sort of arrived at a compromise, it didn't like running through the diseqc switch so I changed that connection to a universal LNB.

I now only have the Inverto connected to tuner A which connects to tuner C, so that allows me to record 3 different TPs at the same time (ABC) from 28e which in all honesty is plenty for me.

I've come to the conclusion that FBC tuner stuff is only worthwhile is only useful if you only receive 1 sat or more tuners then it's probably doing properly.

My 3rd tuner slot houses a twin cable tuner.

I may look at it again sometime but for now I'm happy enough with the outcome.

Thanks again for the help.

Arcy
18-12-15, 17:54
I have a toroidal dish with four quattro LNBs connected to a multiswitch with 16+1 inputs, giving independent access to four satellites from multiple tuners/receivers. This has replaced an earlier setup where I had separate DiSEqC switches for each tuner; it emerged that switching any one receiver on or off, or even just changing channels, was liable to put a digital splat on the others. The multiswitch system seems free from this problem

I now want to add a Unicable feed to make full use of my Solo 4K, but I want to use the existing dish. So I am hoping to do this by adding a Unicable switch for 28.2E. The one I've ordered is a Spaun SUS 5581 F, which provides eight output channels, and I'm going to cascade it between the relevant LNB and the multiswitch, so that the LNB can still serve other receivers. What I don't yet understand is whether Tuner A can handle all eight outputs all by itself, or whether it will be necessary to provide a split feed to Tuner B.

2stein
18-12-15, 19:15
yes, tuner a can handle all 8.

Arcy
26-01-16, 12:26
Could some kind person please explain the proper procedure for setting up the FBC tuners for use with a Unicable feed? The online manual says nothing about it, though I've seen it mentioned here that it should happen automatically. But I can't understand how to get that to work.

In my own setup, I've got a Spaun Unicable matrix feeding eight frequencies to Tuner A. I've configured Tuner A for a single satellite, no DiSEqC, Unicable, and for the particular Spaun matrix model. The setup page then defaults SCR-1 to 974 MHz, the lowest of the frequencies output by the LNB, and I can then tune the satellite as normal.

I rather expected that Tuners C upwards would then automagically pick up SCRs 2-8 from the Spaun matrix configuration, but it doesn't happen. Instead, I've had to configure them individually for each of the remaining SCRs in turn (settings: LNB1, Unicable, Unicable matrix, Spaun, SCR-x etc.), and I've switched Tuner B off. It does all seems to work like this. But I'm left wondering whether I have missed a simpler or more sanitary way of setting the thing up.

2stein
26-01-16, 14:50
hi, the unicable tuner setup is not automatic. you have to configure all 8 tuners manually and use different scrs: scr1-8.

Arcy
26-01-16, 20:25
hi, the unicable tuner setup is not automatic. you have to configure all 8 tuners manually and use different scrs: scr1-8.

Thank you very much, 2stein. I reckon I must have got it about right, then. However, if Tuner B is not connected (which I found it had to be), tuners A to H take care of only seven of the eight SCRs. Seven is still more tuners than I've ever had before, but I'm wondering whether I should have done something with Tuner B other than simply disabling it.

2stein
26-01-16, 22:23
yes, do not connect it with a cable and configure it like the others.
somewhere i read that you have to internally connect tuner b to a, c to b, d to c etc. with the latest drivers.

Arcy
26-01-16, 23:55
Thanks again, 2stein. What I've now done in the Tuner 2 settings is to change the "Connected to" setting so that it points to Tuner A. Then I found I could set tuners A to H to SCR1 to SDR8 inclusive. The LNB number and Unicable type settings of course have to be the same for all of them. I didn't change the "Connected to" setting for Tuners C to H because it would not let me. The result is that I can now record from eight transponders simultaneously. However, channel selection is a bit slower than with conventional tuning, sometimes allowing time for the "Tuner failed" warning to flash up briefly. No doubt that's because some additional negotiation has to take place. It isn't really a problem, though.

2stein
27-01-16, 08:59
sometimes allowing time for the "Tuner failed" warning to flash up briefly
i have this as well. to my mind it's a deficiency in the e2 unicable implementation which could be fixed with a simple tuning retry. i have reported it a while ago but it has fallen on deaf ears so far.

Arcy
27-01-16, 10:46
I suppose it must be retrying, or else it wouldn't find the channel after having displayed the "Tuner failed" message. But it's a bit disconcerting, until you learn that the warning doesn't necessarily signal disaster. Perhaps the timing of something could be adjusted.

skippie
27-01-16, 12:07
Hi, I got 4 normal twin lnb's at the moment for 13,19,23 and 28.2 sats and 2 disecq boxes with 2 coax cables going to my 2 tuners. What do I have to change to fully enjoy the fbc tuners? Thnx.

2stein
27-01-16, 12:50
i guess, you need a JESS-switch (unicable2) for 4 sat positions which is pretty expensive.
regular unicable can only do 2 sat positions.

Arcy
27-01-16, 21:46
Hi, I got 4 normal twin lnb's at the moment for 13,19,23 and 28.2 sats and 2 disecq boxes with 2 coax cables going to my 2 tuners. What do I have to change to fully enjoy the fbc tuners? Thnx.

Skippie, FBC gets complicated ( = expensive) if you intend to do it with more than one satellite and one tuner. But if you were to limit yourself to, say, 28.2 only, you could do it reasonably economically by replacing your 28.2 LNB with a Unicable type such as the inverto IDLB-QUDL41-Uni1L-1PP. This has one Unicable output port giving four "user bands", plus a so-called legacy port, which functions as a plain vanilla universal LNB -- and you could connect this to one of your DiSEqC switches. This particular LNB seems to have been superseded by more advanced Unicable products but it is still obtainable online. With four user bands available to the FBC tuner, you may find in practice that you have as much choice as you need.

skippie
27-01-16, 22:05
I wanna keep 3 sats,19, 23 and 28.2, so what will this cost and how to connect exactly?

Arcy
27-01-16, 23:44
I wanna keep 3 sats,19, 23 and 28.2, so what will this cost and how to connect exactly?

If I've understood you correctly, you would connect the Unicable LNB output to one tuner and a DiSEqC switch output to the other tuner. The legacy output of the Unicable LNB could then go into the DiSEqC switch with the other satellites, to give you a little more flexibility. This would leave you with a surplus DiSEqC switch. If you wanted simultaneous reception of more than one of the other satellites, you would need to add another tuner module; and to feed it, you'd then have to install quad LNBs in place of your dual ones, plus an additional DiSEqC switch. The LNB I mentioned is currently being offered by a UK supplier for about gbp40 -- your favourite search engine should find it and Unicable products from other makers.

skippie
28-01-16, 09:34
thanks Arcy

skippie
28-01-16, 10:03
what I actually want is being able to record the maximum possible on the 3 satellites (19, 23 and 28.2) with 2 fbc tuners and I don't know anything of what to do to achieve this (somebody has to install this for me).

Arcy
28-01-16, 11:02
what I actually want is being able to record the maximum possible on the 3 satellites (19, 23 and 28.2) with 2 fbc tuners and I don't know anything of what to do to achieve this (somebody has to install this for me).

To make best use of the FBC tuners, I think you'd want to feed them from a pair of Unicable LNBs, corresponding to your two most heavily used satellites. For the remaining satellites, you could fit an additional tuner module to your receiver and feed it from ordinary LNBs via DiSEqC switches, as before.You might as well feed the legacy outputs of the Unicable LNBs into these switches too, to give a bit more capacity.

There's one advantage of using Unicable LNBs rather than dual/quad/octo LNBs which I haven't seen mentioned hereabouts, though I don't know whether it's in the DiSEqC switching or the multi-way LNBs themselves. I have receivers in more than one room, and I've noticed that changing channel or switching on/off on one receiver can put a momentary digital splat (picture freeze or break-up) on the others. I think this must be due to switching LNB power on and off, or changing the LNB polarity (14V/18V switching) which causes a disturbance in the other feeds.

This is probably only a minor nuisance, but with Unicable LNBs you wouldn't have it because there's no voltage switching.

My solution to it in a multi-LNB system has been to replace the LNBs with quattro LNBs connected to a DiSEqC multiswitch. The quattro LNBs (which are not the same as 'quad' LNBs) deliver all four permutations of band/polarity simultaneously to the multiswitch, which powers them permanently. So again there's no LNB voltage switching and no spikes.

bobi
28-01-16, 12:14
Very intresting reading this thread. as i my self am thinking of getting one Solo 4K UHD.
the problem i have is that i run 8 satellites with 8 quad lnb and a multiswitch with 8 possitions to 12 users for now, but in summer til extened to 32.

Now i have try to figure out what i need to buy to make this work.
I have seen around for Unicable multiswitch, but the one that i have found is the Inverto for upto 4 satellite possitions, but for me this is not good inaf :-(

I would like some help and hear from others if there is anything that can exist for this kund of setup, please let me know.

cheers

bobi

Arcy
30-01-16, 09:52
Very intresting reading this thread. as i my self am thinking of getting one Solo 4K UHD.
the problem i have is that i run 8 satellites with 8 quad lnb and a multiswitch with 8 possitions to 12 users for now, but in summer til extened to 32.

bobi

Bobi, the largest multiswitch I've found is a 33-in, 12-out, in the Profi range by EMP Centauri. This won't support any more users than you have at present -- but because it is designed for quattro LNBs (eight of them) rather than the quad LNBs you are using now, I would expect it to perform better, for the reason I mentioned in my previous post.

Unfortunately it's not designed to be cascaded for adding more users. However, it looks to me as though you could expand the system by connecting two or more of these switches to the array of quattro LNBs by splitting their outputs. So you could support your 32 users with three of these switches. And it looks as if you might be able to get away with simple passive splitters, because EMP Centauri lists some for this kind of use, also in its Profi range. To provide the 12V supply for the LNBs, you would need to ensure that there is a DC path between the VH (vertical polarity, high band) port of each LNB and the corresponding input of one of the attached multiswitches.

I don't think Unicable is capable of meeting your main requirement, but if you wanted a Unicable feed for a Solo4K box, you could insert a stacker, or more than one, such as the Spaun SUS 5541, SUS 5581 or similar, in cascade between the relevant LNB and your splitter/multiswitch. I'm using one of these with another EMP Centauri multiswitch and it works very well. It's not necessary to give it a separate power supply because it is powered via the multiswitch.

rossi2000
06-02-16, 12:35
could someone post the correct settings for FBC Tuner 1 connected to a unicable lnb?

Arcy
10-02-16, 22:59
could someone post the correct settings for FBC Tuner 1 connected to a unicable lnb?

Mine is as follows, with the Unicable feed plugged into the LNB1 input :
Tuner A:
Configuration mode: Advanced
Satellite: mine is 28.2E Astra
LNB: LNB 1
Priority: Auto
LOF: Unicable
Unicable configuration mode: Unicable Matrix (but you should choose Unicable LNB)
Manufacturer: (select your LNB maker)
Type: (select the model)
Channel: SCR 1
Frequency: choose the lowest frequency listed on your Unicable device's box - mine is 974MHz
Connected: no
DiSEqC mode: None.

Tuner B: settings are identical until you get to...
Channel: SCR 2
Frequency: choose the next higher from your LNB box - mine is 1076
Connected: yes
Connected to: Tuner A: Vu Plus DVB-S NIM ....
DiSEqC mode: None

Tuner C is same as Tuner A until you get to. ...
Channel: SCR 3
Frequency: choose the next higher frequency from the list on your LNB box
Connected: No
DiSEqC mode: None

Set your remaining tuners in the same way as Tuner C, but select the next SCR number in turn, and assign it the next available frequency, until you have used them all up. You will then have set up either tuners A to D or tuners A to H, depending on whether your Unicable product has four output frequencies or eight (or more than eight). If you now do a scan of the satellite with Tuner A, you should find that everything works.

mistadizzy
28-03-16, 07:12
Hi,

All you tekkies out there. I have a sly HD box and want to replace it with the VU+ Solo 4K on the current sly dish with 2 feeds.
With the FBC tuners on the SOLO 4K am I right in thinking I would be able to watch/record more than 2 channels? otherwise my choice would be to go for the Duo2. Somebody please help me on this.

2stein
28-03-16, 09:24
yes, you can watch/record up to 8 channels from 2 sat bands.

Andy_Hazza
28-03-16, 10:11
Hi,

All you tekkies out there. I have a sly HD box and want to replace it with the VU+ Solo 4K on the current sly dish with 2 feeds.
With the FBC tuners on the SOLO 4K am I right in thinking I would be able to watch/record more than 2 channels? otherwise my choice would be to go for the Duo2. Somebody please help me on this.

You need a Unicable LNB to fully utilise the FBC tuners. You can't expect to record 7 channels on different transponders on a normal sky dish n LNB setup.

twol
04-04-16, 12:11
I have just been reading up on Unicable, FBC and the currently available multi-switches (both direct and in cascade) , and having looked at the specs for these switches, I am astonished at the dB loss across the switch. I am used to issues with Inverto's poor technology (totally unable to handle marginal signals), but in most cases most equipment suppliers are talking of at least 2dB (often more) loss in satellite signal with these Unicable switches ... this would be an absolute killer living where I am.

Has anybody that has changed to Unicable noticed any significant signal reduction??

2stein
04-04-16, 12:15
i've experienced 2% snr loss... (from 93% to 91%).... with an inverto lnb (4 scrs).

twol
04-04-16, 12:25
i've experieced 2% snr loss... (from 93% to 91%).... with an inverto lnb (4 scrs).

Thanks for the info ..... although that doesn't sound a lot, for me that could be a deal breaker on 28.2E !!!
I guess I will be staying with my current setup for the moment.
A question for you, how do you link your Duo2 tuners to your switch ... I thought they had to be fbc tuners?

2stein
04-04-16, 12:31
no, unicable also works with regular tuners.
i split the unicable into 2 cables using a splitter and hook them up to tuner a and c, link b to a, d to c, and assign one scr to each tuner.

twol
04-04-16, 13:22
no, unicable also works with regular tuners.
i split the unicable into 2 cables using a splitter and hook them up to tuner a and c, link b to a, d to c, and assign one scr to each tuner.

OK, you learn something everyday! Many thanks for the info.
The Inverto unicable splitter specs talks of a 2dB loss to do that split :) not something I could live with :)

So naive question ! What's the advantage of an fbc tuner over a normal tuner with Unicable?

Rob van der Does
04-04-16, 14:03
One FBC-tuner = one conventional tuner + 3 looped through tuners.
Thanks to the Unicable protocol the loopthrough doesn't men any degradation. So when using Unicable:
One FBC tuner = four conventional tuners.

Huevos
04-04-16, 14:42
One FBC-tuner = one conventional tuner + 3 looped through tuners.
Thanks to the Unicable protocol the loopthrough doesn't men any degradation. So when using Unicable:
One FBC tuner = four conventional tuners.My setup on Vu Solo4K is:

Tuner A, Advanced, Unicable, SCR 1.
Tuner B, Advanced, Universal, USALS.
Tuner C, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner A, SCR 2.
Tuner D, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner C, SCR 3.
Tuner E, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner D, SCR 4.
Tuner F, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner E, SCR 5.
Tuner G, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner F, SCR 6.
Tuner H, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner G, SCR 7.Works fine. As far as I know there is no hardware limitation on how many looped tuners there are chained to each FBC tuner. And lets hope no one adds one in software.

Huevos
04-04-16, 14:49
So naive question ! What's the advantage of an fbc tuner over a normal tuner with Unicable?Sounds like nonsense to me. A theoretically perfect split would be 50% down each branch and that is 3dB.

But you are getting confused. SNR is signal to noise. So if you split 50:50, each branch will have 50% of the noise and 50% of the signal, i.e. signal to noise ratio will be identical.

twol
04-04-16, 14:56
Sounds like nonsense to me. A theoretically perfect split would be 50% down each branch and that is 3dB.

But you are getting confused. SNR is signal to noise. So if you split 50:50, each branch will have 50% of the noise and 50% of the signal, i.e. signal to noise ratio will be identical.

Well if you take for example the Spaun switch the specs talk of 1.5 -> 3.0 dB loss through the switch - may be I am interpreting incorrectly .... will wait for someone to clarify:)

Clabs
04-04-16, 15:07
My setup on Vu Solo4K is:

Tuner A, Advanced, Unicable, SCR 1.
Tuner B, Advanced, Universal, USALS.
Tuner C, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner A, SCR 2.
Tuner D, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner C, SCR 3.
Tuner E, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner D, SCR 4.
Tuner F, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner E, SCR 5.
Tuner G, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner F, SCR 6.
Tuner H, Advanced, Unicable, linked to tuner G, SCR 7.Works fine. As far as I know there is no hardware limitation on how many looped tuners there are chained to each FBC tuner. And lets hope no one adds one in software.

So for a receiver like the Solo 4K with 2 FBC + 2 DVB S2 tuners, that gives 10 useable tuners?

The reason that I ask is that it is so easy and convenient to stream from a server receiver via RCSC/Fallback that as I add more clients, the problem of running short of free tuners on my Duo2 is a common event.

I have no real interest in 4K broadcasts at present but if the Solo 4K could allow remote access to up to 10 tuners then that could well be a relatively neat solution for me.

Cheers, Mark

Rob van der Does
04-04-16, 15:15
Correct, and the 2 DVB-S2 tuners can be build in (tuner slot).

Huevos
04-04-16, 15:37
Vu Solo 4K has 13 demuxes, so that is the maximum number of tuners possible.

Huevos
04-04-16, 15:43
Well if you take for example the Spaun switch the specs talk of 1.5 -> 3.0 dB loss through the switch - may be I am interpreting incorrectly .... will wait for someone to clarify:)That is a switch, I was talking about splitters.

On one of my boxes on tuner "A" I have 2x Spaun uncommitted and 1x committed in cascade. This makes absolutely no difference to SNR, only gross signal level, which is something E2 is incapable of measuring.

twol
04-04-16, 15:52
That is a switch, I was talking about splitters.

On one of my boxes on tuner "A" I have 2x Spaun uncommitted and 1x committed in cascade. This makes absolutely no difference to SNR, only gross signal level, which is something E2 is incapable of measuring.
OK, interesting :)

Ragnarok
14-04-16, 10:56
OK, interesting :)

I haven't seen any proper full band capture LNB's yet. The only ones I know of are designed for sky dishes and are part of the sky Q install. I've seen nothing for a standard 40mm collar. :(

Surely this is better and simpler in most ways than a SCR or unicable II, as it pushes the entire 10700-12750Ghz band down with an IF of 290-2340mhz each cable 1 for V and 1 for H and the demodulators can tap into each cable and lock in to each frequency much quicker. Thus the term wideband tuner and full band capture.

The only downside I see is that FBC is completely incompatible distribution systems ( at the moment ) and any thought of running a terrestrial signal down the same cables is a no go, where as unicable II or scr use the standard satellite bands and most decent satellite receivers and some bad ones.

Rob van der Does
14-04-16, 11:39
The two cables needed for H & V are a serious handicap though. How would you connect two cables to one tuner? And splitting them over two tuners would limit you to only one satellite, which make Unicable a far better option.
Or do I miss something here?

Ragnarok
14-04-16, 11:50
your missing somthing, the box has 8 or 13 digital demodulators on the motherboard, that can connect the ether one of satellite ports, these tuners and not locked to any port and can connect to ether cable.

Unicable 2 LNB's is has similar technology, it's just built into the LNB and shifts the users selected frequency onto that users, user band frequency. FBC the LNB relays it all to the box and the box does the work. It also make it easy to split to many receivers.

In theory FBC LNB's is simpler and cheaper electronics, less to go wrong, it should be cheaper to run a second cable at install and use an FBC lnb than, go unicable 2. Thats the theory at least, but no FBC lnb's out their yet. but limited to 1 sat on those tuner like you say.

I'm not sure how you'd do multi satellite or Unicable 2 yet without very expensive switches, or if this is even possible with FBC. FBC will make it easier to setup multiswitches in the future though.

Huevos
14-04-16, 17:46
Unicable = all stbs can run this. The most it requires is a software patch if one is not already biilt in.

FBC LNB = special hardware. No conventional STB can tune this. And 2 feeds per satellite.

smith_rob
15-04-16, 09:57
Sorry to ask probably the same questions but just need to get my head around this...
I have just bought a Solo 4K, if i want to get use of the FBC fully will i need to buy one of these (Inverto Unicable I / II LNB 1/32 - IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP)
Then from the LNB it needs to go into a splitter (SAT Splitter 6x with DC Passthrough Class A - UniCable Accessories)
From the Splitter two cables to feed the Solo 4K (cable one (1-4) cable (5-8) bands? is this correct?
From the Splitter i still have 4 connections left, could i technically run another four single sat receivers (does each one take up a band?)

So my next question is if bought a bigger splitter can i do more receivers without degrading the signal quality, does the (Inverto Unicable I / II LNB 1/32 - IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP) do 32 clients, but say if i had two solo 4k's they would take up 8 bands each to use them fully.
Would a duo2 just take up 2 bands?

Sorry for the amount of questions.

Andy_Hazza
15-04-16, 14:25
Sorry to ask probably the same questions but just need to get my head around this...
I have just bought a Solo 4K, if i want to get use of the FBC fully will i need to buy one of these (Inverto Unicable I / II LNB 1/32 - IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP)
Then from the LNB it needs to go into a splitter (SAT Splitter 6x with DC Passthrough Class A - UniCable Accessories)
From the Splitter two cables to feed the Solo 4K (cable one (1-4) cable (5-8) bands? is this correct?
From the Splitter i still have 4 connections left, could i technically run another four single sat receivers (does each one take up a band?)

So my next question is if bought a bigger splitter can i do more receivers without degrading the signal quality, does the (Inverto Unicable I / II LNB 1/32 - IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP) do 32 clients, but say if i had two solo 4k's they would take up 8 bands each to use them fully.
Would a duo2 just take up 2 bands?

Sorry for the amount of questions.

I have a Technomate 65cm Mesh Dish with the Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP LNB (JESS) and just the one feed into my loft which has an Inverto Unicable splitter. The twin splitter feeds 2x Vu+ Solo4K's. Each of the cables go into Tuner A of the receiver(s) and I also have the existing feeds) from the Sky Zone 1 Dish going into Tuner B on both receivers. (I have done this until I get a Motorised Dish setup then this will be used in Tuner B instead). Each Solo4K has 7x SCR's from Tuner A and then the feed into Tuner B so gives me 8 in total per box. [emoji4]

smith_rob
16-04-16, 10:52
Hi
Have you got a link to the inverto cable spiltter your using?so I know I'm buying the right thing,
so does the solo 4K need two unicable connections? Is there any benefit or point over two cables coming from the unicable lnb, might be a dumb question but what are snr's and what's the benefit of having 7 from tuner a? Also if I had another unicable in tuner b does that make 14 snr's
So does this unicable lnb do 32 clients and each cable that goes into a tuner a connection/ snr unless it's a fbc tuners like the solo 4K

2stein
16-04-16, 12:12
- solo 4k only needs one unicable connection, a second doesn't buy you anything
- a solo 4k has a mx of 8 (virtual) tuners which need a max of 8 scrs.
- the lnb can do 32 (virtual) tuners/scrs... e.g. 4 solo 4ks, or 8 duo2s (with 4 tuners) or 32 single tuner boxes./

smith_rob
16-04-16, 12:23
- solo 4k only needs one unicable connection, a second doesn't buy you anything
- a solo 4k has a mx of 8 (virtual) tuners which need a max of 8 scrs.
- the lnb can do 32 (virtual) tuners/scrs... e.g. 4 solo 4ks, or 8 duo2s (with 4 tuners) or 32 single tuner boxes./

Ok so does tuner A do the full 8 then?
Have you got a link or product code or model number to the device that splits the the one lnb unicable, that's the only thing I'm unsure about now on the websites I'm looking I see SAT Splitter 6x with DC Passthrough Class A - UniCable Accessoires

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/8df77487a33dadfa23acb681f99670fc.jpg

If I wanted to do more do I just buy another splitter and take an out from the first splitter into the in of the second splitter and this doesn't degrade signal quality?

2stein
16-04-16, 12:29
yes, tuner a supports the full 8.
the splitter need to be dc decoupled. (support unicable). regular ones don't.
yes, you can cascade the splitters... but you obviously always have a loss with every additional splitter in the connection between box and lnb.

smith_rob
16-04-16, 12:38
yes, tuner a supports the full 8.
the splitter need to be dc decoupled. (support unicable). regular ones don't.
yes, you can cascade the splitters... but you obviously you always have a loss with every additional splitter in the connection between box and lnb.

Great so what I have found looks like it will do the job but might be worth buying a bigger splitter just in case I ever needs the feeds.
So it's signal loss is degraded with every splitter or every feed that's used from the splitter?

also will a standard sky dish be fine with unicable lnb or is it worth buying a bigger dish

And on a side note technically one day when I become even more adventurous I could buy a motorised dish for Tuner B

rossi2000
16-04-16, 13:01
i stuck a unicable 1 lnb to my sky dish, you will need to buy a different collar for the lnb, but it all works a treat,
i have 1 unicable feed to my 4k, for 4scrs, and 2 legacy ports for other boxes around the house.

the inverto lnb i bought came with a 2 way splitter.

Andy_Hazza
16-04-16, 13:02
You won't be able to fit the JESS (Unicable II) on a standard sky dish. I got this from WoS > http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Satallite-Dishes/Technomate-Satellite-Dishes/Technomate-60cm-Mesh-Satellite-Dish-Kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossi2000
16-04-16, 13:16
i got the TM adapter
how big is the collar on the jess2 lnb?

Huevos
16-04-16, 13:18
i got the TM adapter
how big is the collar on the jess2 lnb?40mm, same as a normal universal LNB.

smith_rob
16-04-16, 13:20
Are the sat dishes easy to fit? How do I align it and point it in the right direction? Or is it worth paying a sattilite installer

@rossi2000 what's a Tm adapter?

Sorry for all the questions guys

And why is the unicable II called Jess??

rossi2000
16-04-16, 13:20
ahh right cool

so the jess2 lnb will fit on a sly dish.

Huevos
16-04-16, 13:24
So it's signal loss is degraded with every splitter or every feed that's used from the splitter?If you put a theoretically perfect splitter inline you would be sending only 50% of the signal up each branch. In practice this will be even lower. SNR is not affected though because it also splits the noise component by 50%.

Huevos
16-04-16, 13:28
ahh right cool

so the jess2 lnb will fit on a sly dish.Same collar as your Unicable I LNB. So whatever adapter you used will be good for the Unicable II LNB.

smith_rob
16-04-16, 13:30
ahh right cool

so the jess2 lnb will fit on a sly dish.

So I can use an standard sky existing dish?

rossi2000
16-04-16, 13:54
yes but you must buy an adapter

wos doenst seem to have any stock at the moment,

its an adapter that fits onto the end of your dish with a bigger collar to fit the new lnb.
simple procedure

Andy_Hazza
16-04-16, 13:59
So I can use an standard sky existing dish?

If for instance you have a Quad LNB so you have four feeds, what are you going to do with the existing cabling when you fit a JESS LNB?

rossi2000
16-04-16, 14:00
do jess lnbs not come with legacy ports?

Andy_Hazza
16-04-16, 14:02
do jess lnbs not come with legacy ports?

Nope. .

smith_rob
16-04-16, 14:07
If for instance you have a Quad LNB so you have four feeds, what are you going to do with the existing cabling when you fit a JESS LNB?

Can you not just put the 3 existing cables into the splitter? Isn't the one unicable II feed effectively the 4 Frequencies?

Andy_Hazza
16-04-16, 14:11
Can you not just put the 3 existing cables into the splitter? Isn't the one unicable II feed effectively the 4 Frequencies?

JESS LNB has one port/feed, then you need to run the cable and the splitter really needs to be indoors (ideally loft but not essential), then the cable from the JESS goes into the splitter, and then you feed off the splitter to your boxes.

smith_rob
16-04-16, 14:15
JESS LNB has one port/feed, then you need to run the cable and the splitter really needs to be indoors (ideally loft but not essential), then the cable from the JESS goes into the splitter, and then you feed off the splitter to your boxes.

So this would work for me as I'm moving house so effectively starting a fresh, I know they have a sky dish at the moment
I'll just buy the Unicable II LNB, splitter, and the adapter to fit the LNB and run new cable to each room of the house

smith_rob
20-04-16, 09:49
So just to be completely clear I've done a diagram lol

Included in the image is
1x 5278 IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP (Inverto Unicable2 32 LNB)
1x SAT Splitter 6x with DC Passthrough Class A
1x Solo 4K Living Room (1x Cable coming from splitter)
1x Duo2 Bedroom 3 (2x Cables coming from splitter)
1x Zero Bedroom 2 (1x Cable coming from splitter)
1x Zero Bedroom 1 (1x Cable coming from splitter)

Also i have 1x spare connection on splitter if i need to run another cable,

Questions
Any better ways of doing this?
Will Signal strength be ok?
Does the duo2 need two cables? Im guessing it does if i want to watch and record as its not a FBC tuner?

2stein
20-04-16, 10:17
looks good to me.
the duo2 only needs 2 cables if it has 2 physical tuners: 2 single tuners or 2 dual tuners.

chumley
20-05-16, 18:27
The LNB says it's programmable (and the programmer is sold separately) - do you need to program it? why would you want / need to?

Huevos
21-05-16, 01:28
No you don't need the programmer. The prgrammer is for setting up the LNB in static mode.

chumley
24-05-16, 22:01
@smith_rob - have you got your system up an running yet? I'm looking at something similar and am interested on how well it works :)

smith_rob
24-05-16, 22:20
Nah still haven't moved house, this house moving stuff is stressful lol

chumley
25-05-16, 13:08
Tell me about it! - if you haven't seen there is a thread i started about unicable (your diagram got me thinking!) I don't know if you might get the same issues Rob van der Does has had:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51828-Unicable-setup-help-advice-needed&highlight=unicable

psykix
23-07-16, 11:55
My Solo4K is driving me potty..

Yesterday I tried to watch a channel and it kept giving a tune failed error.

Tuners A and C were in use (B is motorised) - it was as though tuner A was not being released, and for whatever reason it wouldn't use tuner D

I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot this. I have a Unicable LNB and they are are linked to each other correctly (C to A, D to C, E to D etc)

Fast forward and rewind has also gone to pot lately - dunno if that is an image issue. When fast forward or rewinding, after pressing play again, the audio will play but the picture freezes.

Any ideas?

Huevos
23-07-16, 12:40
Any ideas?In "Customize":

"Force LNB Power" = yes
"Force ToneBurst" = yes

psykix
23-07-16, 13:13
In "Customize":

"Force LNB Power" = yes
"Force ToneBurst" = yes

Yeah, I already have those set.

I still get the brief tuner failed error after a reboot too. No idea why.

I'm going to wipe the box and set up from scratch I think. When is the next Vix update out?

maxben
23-07-16, 13:41
My Solo4K is driving me potty..

Yesterday I tried to watch a channel and it kept giving a tune failed error.

Tuners A and C were in use (B is motorised) - it was as though tuner A was not being released, and for whatever reason it wouldn't use tuner D

I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot this. I have a Unicable LNB and they are are linked to each other correctly (C to A, D to C, E to D etc)

Fast forward and rewind has also gone to pot lately - dunno if that is an image issue. When fast forward or rewinding, after pressing play again, the audio will play but the picture freezes.

Any ideas?

I don't use a unicable LNB now, I switched to a unicable II switch but when I was having problems when changing some parameters I checked the settings file and found the changed setting was creating a new entry and not overwriting the old one thus causing problems conflicting with each other.

Although I prefer ViX at the currently I'm on OpenATV as they are currently are testing support for the TBS5925 USB tuner and also I have the RW/FF problem so it must be either the drivers or a OE-A problem.

Huevos
23-07-16, 16:04
Psikix, is it set to reliable or traditional?

rossi2000
23-07-16, 16:17
I don't use a unicable LNB now, I switched to a unicable II switch but when I was having problems when changing some parameters I checked the settings file and found the changed setting was creating a new entry and not overwriting the old one thus causing problems conflicting with each other.

Although I prefer ViX at the currently I'm on OpenATV as they are currently are testing support for the TBS5925 USB tuner and also I have the RW/FF problem so it must be either the drivers or a OE-A problem.

the TBS stuff will be in next vix build.

maxben
23-07-16, 16:29
the TBS stuff will be in next vix build.

Great news, look forward to that, thanks

psykix
23-07-16, 17:06
Psikix, is it set to reliable or traditional?

All the FBC tuners are set to traditional.

Huevos
23-07-16, 22:27
Works fine like that for me.

psykix
23-07-16, 23:22
No idea what the issue is then. Guess I have to try a clean install. I'll do it when the next Vix is released.

Cheers :-)

bentleyboys
27-07-16, 19:57
Hi All I too had the tuner issue but have set them b connected to a, c connected to b etc etc all the way with different scr number to each. Also did the force lnb and power tip, and it has sorted my issue right out. no problems for 3 days now.

Also had to go back to tuner config after restart and just ok to make it work btw

Hope it helps somebody

alan1812
12-08-16, 14:30
i have a Sky MK4 Hybrid 6 Way LNB
2 feeds to a vu+ duo
2 feeds to a vu+ duo
2 feeds to a solo 4k
what are the settings for the 8 tuners on the solo 4k
please anyone

Trial
12-08-16, 16:42
Hi,
I would say simple single 28.2e for both inputs. There is nothings special when you do not have unicable/JESS.

The special thing happens when everything is configured as you now have 8 tuner for 2 bands:-)

ciao

alan1812
13-08-16, 15:11
what lnb should I have for my 2 duo's and solo 4k that as 6 feeds
thanks alan

maxben
13-08-16, 17:06
That LNB is also known as a smart LNB which means it's ports senses the type of tuner and can be used for Sky Q and legacy (universal) tuners.

You can try and see if it will work if it will work as FBC LNB on the 4k, failing that you should be able to use it on all 3 boxes setup to use universal LNBs.

alan1812
13-08-16, 19:33
can I have 2 lnb's on one dish for sky so I could have 1 legacy lnb for vu duo's and a unicable/JESS lnb for the solo 4k
or would I need a separate dish for the solo 4k and how would I connect the 4 tuners on the solo 4k

abu baniaz
13-08-16, 19:42
can I have 2 lnb's on one dish for sky so I could have 1 legacy lnb for vu duo's and a unicable/JESS lnb for the solo 4k
or would I need a separate dish for the solo 4k and how would I connect the 4 tuners on the solo 4k

The duo can use unicable LNBs. Do not mix up FBC tuners with Unicable LNBs. Just make sure you have enough channels on your LNB for the tuners that will be using the LNB.

alan1812
13-08-16, 20:14
if I was to get a inverto Unicable II single feed lnb and a splitter so I can connect the 4 tuners on the solo 4k I would have 16 tuners and record 16 programs
could I use just one dish for 2 lnb's
sorry for all the dumb question but I am a bit slow on the uptake

abu baniaz
13-08-16, 20:26
They are not dumb questions. Dumb questions are when you ask one thing but mean another. Or don't say when you get stuck.

You cannot have two LNBS pointing at the same satellite on the same dish.

How did you get to 16 for your solo 4k?

alan1812
13-08-16, 20:34
4 tuners per input 4 inputs
at the moment I have 2 cables connected and it shows 8 tuners so if I had 4 cables connected I would have 16 or am I wrong again

abu baniaz
13-08-16, 20:41
Do you have extra tuner modules or just the built-in ones?

alan1812
13-08-16, 20:42
I have the extra twin tuner so I can connect 4 feeds to it

abu baniaz
13-08-16, 21:01
I have the extra twin tuner so I can connect 4 feeds to it
I make that 10 "SCR channels", hopefully someone can correct if wrong.

You have the 8 "SCR channels" that are available on the two FBC tuners.
Unless you have the unreleased FBC tuner modules for the new range, the twin tuner module will be a conventional one. That makes only 2.

(8+2 = 10)

abu baniaz
13-08-16, 21:08
It is also worth pointing out that when people say can I watch one channel and record another, the receiver will only use another tuner when the frequency of the channel is different.

Depending on bandwidth restrictions and HDD speed etc, you can comfortably record 6 channels on a single tuner receiver. I had 12 channels recording on my TM Twin a few years ago, it has two conventional tuners.

alan1812
13-08-16, 21:21
I only have 2 cables connected at the moment and I recorded 8 films at the same time
so if I connected the other 2 cables how many could I record then
as I only have 2 cables to use at the moment with a sky hybrid lnb
so if I had the inverto Unicable II single feed lnb and split that feed into 4 so i can connect all 4 inputs on box would that be better

abu baniaz
13-08-16, 21:39
I only have 2 cables connected at the moment and I recorded 8 films at the same time
so if I connected the other 2 cables how many could I record then
as I only have 2 cables to use at the moment with a sky hybrid lnb
so if I had the inverto Unicable II single feed lnb and split that feed into 4 so i can connect all 4 inputs on box would that be better

Depends on how many frequencies are used.

Also, with a unicable LNB, you do not need to run more signal wires from LNB to receiver. You can use a splitter by the receiver.

Rob van der Does
14-08-16, 02:04
Unless you have the unreleased FBC tuner modules for the new range, the twin tuner module will be a conventional one.
I think the Solo 4k can only handle a conventional single/dual tuner in the slot, not any (indeed not even yet available) FBC-tuner.

Huevos
14-08-16, 03:34
You can never have 16 tuners, the box has only got 13 demuxes.

BTW don't kid yourself that the Solo 4K has 8 tuners. It doesn't. It has 2. Just each tuner can be used to receive multiple transponders.

alan1812
14-08-16, 14:20
thanks for the reply's I am just looking to get the best setup to optimise the most tuners with this box but still keep the 2 other's I have
thanks again for the reply's
alan

Trial
14-08-16, 18:16
Hi,
of course you can have 2 or more LNB on 1 dish BUT not for the same sat position.

ciao